Thread: Anybody else notice this Mullen trend? (Warning: positive post)

vCash

Anybody else notice this Mullen trend? (Warning: positive post)

2014 - spectacular season
    2015 - great season
    2016 - rebuilding year, still went bowling
    2017 - team grew into a legit top 15 team
    2018 - Almost everybody coming back, great WR & OL croots committed

So... you are looking at 4 out of 5 years with really good football teams. Let?s admit we?ve gotten over the hump of being a mediocre team and now are sitting at the bottom of the top tier of SEC teams.

vCash
    Yep I agree. Foundation was laid and now the home is being built strong. We are securely at the #4 team in the SEC now and I expect us to be better next year. And even more improvement in the years to come. Future is brighter than ever.

vCash
    I noticed but was going to wait until the end of the year to point it out. I wanted to make sure we beat Arkansas and Ole Miss before pointing it out. At any rate Dan has us at the 8 win level already. I'm chalking up last year more to do with having Sirmon as the DC. Normally we're not going to lose to South Alabama, Kentucky, and BYU in the same season under Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I noticed but was going to wait until the end of the year to point it out. I wanted to make sure we beat Arkansas and Ole Miss before pointing it out. At any rate Dan has us at the 8 win level already. I'm chalking up last year more to do with having Sirmon as the DC. Normally we're not going to lose to South Alabama, Kentucky, and BYU in the same season under Dan.
    Yeah last year we got ?sirmonized?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I could and probably should have included Arkansas as well. Sanford too even though we won- 40+ points to them is as almost as bad as a loss.

vCash
    I could and probably should have included Arkansas as well. Sanford too even though we won- 40+ points to them is as almost as bad as a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If Grantham dc last year we would?ve been at 8 wins again at least and probably 9.

vCash
    If Grantham dc last year we would?ve been at 8 wins again at least and probably 9.
    How much better would we be this year if this was Grantham’s second year and not the first? Would any of the secondary issues be solved or improved?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    There aren’t a lot of coaches I’d take over Mullen. Probably about like his list of schools he’d leave for, it’s a short list. Guy’s a damn good coach! He’s a great coach at Miss. State.

vCash
    Sirmon made last year worse than it had to be. We should have been 8-5 last year and we would be looking at 4 straight seasons of 8 wins or more.

Either way, we are potentially looking at 3 of the last 4 seasons having 9 wins or more. Mullen is doing work and we've got the talent coming in to make this thing last a long time.

vCash
    This is very simple....
    Football 101: Building a Football Team the LEGAL way....

One recruit
    One signing day
    Practice, practice, practice
    Becomes one. MSU player
    Practice, class, study hall
    One game at a time.....
    One season at a time...
    One Bowl game at a time.
    December and February signing days...
    Repeat:.
    A team built the legal way....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    2014 - spectacular season
    2015 - great season
    2016 - rebuilding year, still went bowling
    2017 - team grew into a legit top 15 team
    2018 - Almost everybody coming back, great WR & OL croots committed

So... you are looking at 4 out of 5 years with really good football teams. Let?s admit we?ve gotten over the hump of being a mediocre team and now are sitting at the bottom of the top tier of SEC teams.
    You can take that back even further.

2008 - sh*tball Croom team but had some pieces
    2009 - team grew as the year went on, 5-7 vs. #1 SOS
    2010 - pretty dang good, think we finished #15 even at 8-4
    2011 - fell back some, but we had expectations
    2012 - rebuilding, even though we went 8-4, it was very hollow
    2013 - team grew up yet again, and coaches actually expected that year to be very good at the time, but Russell got hurt

Banned
    vCash
    We've definitely had some heart breaking losses under Mullen but that just comes with the territory he's put us in. I remember his first year against the #1 SOS and we should have gone bowling that year. that Houston loss was total bullshit. and I know we lost on the scoreboard to LSU but I had never since the John Bond era seen us skull 17 LSU in the trenches the way we did in that game. shoulda lobbed it over to a wide open AD in the end but it was not to be. I knew we had a special coach at that time even though the loss was a gut punch. since then we've skull 17'd LSU 2 more times under Mullen. those 19 yr droughts have been transformed to rain, grain, milk & honey.

vCash
    Building a program into a contender takes time and patience. Every team under Mullen has improved as the year's gone on. None of his teams have ever quit on him, even when it would have been easy to do so.

vCash
    Mullen would have gone 9-3 or 10-2 last year if we had Grantham instead of Sirmon.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Building a program into a contender takes time and patience. Every team under Mullen has improved as the year's gone on. None of his teams have ever quit on him, even when it would have been easy to do so.
    True all but one year, our 2014 team crapped the bed at the end of the year. Now our DC was on the way out, so that had a huge impact on the end of the season. Not all on Mullen or that team. Tough to respond when your coach has checked out.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

Go back to Sunday school you insufferable Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    This is very simple....
    Football 101: Building a Football Team the LEGAL way....

One recruit
    One signing day
    Practice, practice, practice
    Becomes one. MSU player
    Practice, class, study hall
    One game at a time.....
    One season at a time...
    One Bowl game at a time.
    December and February signing days...
    Repeat:.
    A team built the legal way....
    #legal

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    #legal
    ?? "Go back to Sunday School you insufferable tool?" not getting it
    Last edited by Bully13; 11-12-2017 at 12:59 PM.