Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate that we let Ridley beat us

vCash

I hate that we let Ridley beat us

He single handedly did all the damage in the passing game. The out of bounds and the PI was questionable but you have to double that guy in right spots. I️ don?t care what you do as a dB but when you are bringing the house you can?t let him get a clean release into a slant

Green not spying Hurts in that 4th down play was also huge

vCash
    Man me to. You could see Hurts look at Ridley to adjust his route. Absolutely a killer.

vCash
    Ridley had 171 and a PI of their 242 passing

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Just can’t go zero on 3-15. Not in that spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Just can’t go zero on 3-15. Not in that spot
    And we showed our fckn cards. Easy pickings for Hurts.

vCash
    Right they were out of fg range at that point. Needed 10 yards to just try a 50 yard one.

vCash
    You cant have ot both ways. We gambled to win. It almost paid off.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What do you mean - we stop them anything short of 10 yards and they punt and we go to OT

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    You don’t have to gamble every single time. In the context of the situation we should have played coverage there in my opinion. Great ball game as a whole but wish we had that play back.

vCash
    Third and 15 you gotta play coverage. Throw short and tackle. You all out blitz if you don?t get there somebody?s gonna be open and we showed it way to early.

It?s situational football. I like pressure too but that wasn?t the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Third and 15 you gotta play coverage. Throw short and tackle. You all out blitz if you don?t get there somebody?s gonna be open and we showed it way to early.

It?s situational football. I like pressure too but that wasn?t the time.
    I don't have a problem with pressure there but you can't telegraph that you're bringing the house.

vCash
    Ridley is a great football player for sure. Go back and watch and you'll see who was following Ridley #2, not covering him on those big plays. Very disappointed in his play last night when guys were playing their hearts out. I don't like to point out a player for effort or lack there of, but its what I saw in one of our 4* CB's.

vCash
    This is what baffles me about a State fans. We rushed 4 few times in the first half. Twice, we get no pressure on Hurts. He scrambles around for more than 5 seconds and hits Ridley for a 50+ yard gain.

I like the blitz Call. We just needed to make sure Their slot guys were jacked up if they came across the middle and we didn’t.

Banned
    vCash
    Ridley is a good player, and our DBs are not good players. What do you expect? Kinda hard to defend when the QB can run too.

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not going to call a player out because being there in person you could really see their speed. Ridley is incredibly quick with top end speed.

HOWEVER....after watching the replay, I am really disappointed in their last TD. Poor technique (turned his hips and Bama wr cut inside) and the safety over the top couldn't get there in time. I'm sure that freshman is fast too. But damn.....we should have made that tackle. Damn!

Oh well, we will bounce back.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-12-2017 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    I’d like to know the coverage we had on Ridley on his last catch

vCash
    The worst coverage was on the first long play. The defender did not break on the ball and was four steps away when he caught. It is one thing to not be in position to break up the pass, but you should get there in time to tackle the guy after the catch.

vCash
    The long pass play right before Bama’s second TD, did Ridley stepout and come back in? The ref threw his hat as if to mark it but just picked it back up. Has anyone else noticed this?

ETA: being pointed out on Twitter now: https://twitter.com/jbholloway/statu...29073063399424
    Last edited by GrooGruxDawg; 11-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrooGruxDawg View Post
    The long pass play right before Bama’s second TD, did Ridley stepout and come back in? The ref threw his hat as if to mark it but just picked it back up. Has anyone else noticed this?

ETA: being pointed out on Twitter now: https://twitter.com/jbholloway/statu...29073063399424
    Yeah I noticed it. Still pissed about it. If you can find the end zone angle, it's even more obvious.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!