Thread: 2018

vCash

On paper, we look very solid on both lines. We have a qb. We have a solid group of LBs and RBs. Our TEs should be a plus. I think with the addition of our 4 star WRs, a healthy dear, and another year of experience for Todd, mixon, and couch, this group could go from a liability to an asset. Special teams should be good, assuming day lives up to billing as a good punter. I like our safeties esp with adding Cole. I am worried about CB though. We really need to find a difference maker at CB before we take the field next season.

Are there any CBs in our board that can potentially be the lockdown guy we desperately need?

Hopefully Harris comes back for 6th year; but if not, we probably should consider going after a juco guy at lb.

We are getting close to having a legit top of the sec type roster

vCash
    What we will have, on both sides of the ball, is quality depth across the board. This factor has held us back more than any other for our history. Next season there will be no let down at any position in the two deep and in many positions we will be three deep with players that would starters at other SEC institutions. This is a position that MSU has never been in.

vCash
    Peters and Dantzler are both good corners. If we get Corine Harris I think he could play a lot as a four star guy. With Green, Leo, Gay, and technically Sweat along with Spencer maybe Dez and Errol Thompson and adding in Aaron Odom I'm not worried about linebacker. Jaden Crumedy and Jett Johnson are both good linebackers that we have coming in as well.

vCash
    We better find a corner, period.

vCash
    1) We need a CB to become upper tier. Someone that has the ability to shut down a premiere WR
    2) How do we replace our graduating OL
    3) Who steps up at WR

Those to me are the only 3 questions we have going into next year. LSU and Bama on the road stinks. But I think we are better than LSU. Other swing games like Auburn, TAMU, and Arkansas at home. I like our schedule. 9-3 looks good with more potential to exceed that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Peters and Dantzler are both good corners. If we get Corine Harris I think he could play a lot as a four star guy. With Green, Leo, Gay, and technically Sweat along with Spencer maybe Dez and Errol Thompson and adding in Aaron Odom I'm not worried about linebacker. Jaden Crumedy and Jett Johnson are both good linebackers that we have coming in as well.
    Peters has bad hips, that’s why he gets beat by elite receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I agree, he?s fast but not quick. Hell match up great with AJ Brown type receivers but not receivers that are quick like Ridley.

vCash
    More peters love. He got burned over and over last night. He's not good. Period. But I agree w the rest.

vCash
    Only losing Rankin on the OL and seeing Eiland improve so much when Rankin was hurt makes me feel really good. I?d much rather try to find receivers than SEC quality offensive linemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    More peters love. He got burned over and over last night. He's not good. Period. But I agree w the rest.
    The coaches are coming around too. He started last night. He's better than Tolando and Durr.

vCash
    That happens from time to time to everyone. He makes plays. See Egg Bowl, A&M, UMass when he blew up one of their receivers. He's only been playing corner for about two years as well. He should be really good next year.

vCash
    We Have landrews and Cole next year

vCash
    That happens from time to time to everyone. He makes plays. See Egg Bowl, A&M, UMass when he blew up one of their receivers. He's only been playing corner for about two years as well. He should be really good next year.
    You don’t understand what I’m saying. He has speed to burn, but his lateral movement is where he is lacking he’s stiff just not super fluid in his movement. He is a good enough athlete to cover 99% of the receivers in the conference. But 3 is good enough to be one of the best on the next level right now. 2 is a safety playing corner.

vCash
    You don’t understand what I’m saying. He has speed to burn, but his lateral movement is where he is lacking he’s stiff just not super fluid in his movement. He is a good enough athlete to cover 99% of the receivers in the conference. But 3 is good enough to be one of the best on the next level right now. 2 is a safety playing corner.
    Think about what you are asking of Peters. Calvin Ridley is one of the best receivers on the planet. Nobody is shutting him down.

Jesus, give me a corner that can cover 99% of the receivers in this conference anytime.