Thread: Nick Saban

vCash

Nick Saban

Im 44 years old and Im to pissed to do the research right now but has there ever been a team recruit and play at this high of a level for this period of time as the Nick Saban crimson tide?
    There may be but I cant remember. Ive seen teams do this in short bursts but not for this length on time at this level.

vCash
    Fawk Saban & Bama

vCash
    There has they’re just normally on probation by now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Fawk Saban & Bama
    Not shit, I am sick of this guy. GTFO already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    Im 44 years old and Im to pissed to do the research right now but has there ever been a team recruit and play at this high of a level for this period of time as the Nick Saban crimson tide?
    There may be but I cant remember. Ive seen teams do this in short bursts but not for this length on time at this level.
    If they don't play a HELL of a lot better than this.,, they go down head on the plains.

vCash
    late 80s/early 90s and late 90s early 2000s Miami would be the closest if Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis had stayed there longer instead of leaving for the NFL

vCash
    Outside of Bama, we are the only team that hasn't had a head coaching change in the SEC over the last 9 years. Saban has decimated the West and made Tennessee implode on itself. We are still standing and are succeeding in a division with a team and coach executing what I believe to be the most dominant decade of football we have or will ever see.

So yes I'm tired of Saban.

vCash
    I'm the same age. I agree.

I think they are cheating their tails off in recruiting. OM type stuff but.... they are the most dominant team I have seen. Year in and out.

vCash
    What makes Saban different from the teams Ive seen in the past is they dont have down seasons. Its just year after year. No let up

vCash
    Think Miami of old would whip their asses

vCash
    Was he crying after the game?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    What makes Saban different from the teams Ive seen in the past is they dont have down seasons. Its just year after year. No let up
    Dan is in his 40's. Saben is nearly 70... Look who far MSU has come, even having to fight tsun for 5 years with them recruiting illegally. The recruiting class that is signing in December along with the class of 2017.. great things are about to happen...
    Let's finish this seat STRONG...Mad about this loss and finish the season very strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    late 80s/early 90s and late 90s early 2000s Miami would be the closest if Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis had stayed there longer instead of leaving for the NFL
    Oklahoma in the 50s. Army in the 40s. Notre Dame way back under Rockne.

vCash
    Saban has a .872 winning percent at Bama. That puts him in 2nd place behind Knute Rockne at .881 all time. Saban has 24 more wins that Rockne. What hes been able to do at Bama is truly historic. This guy cant retire quick enough for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I'm the same age. I agree.

I think they are cheating their tails off in recruiting. OM type stuff but.... they are the most dominant team I have seen. Year in and out.
    I just don't understand this thinking. Every kid in America wants to play for Saban and Bama. Saban does not have to cheat to pull these players. Hell, if my son was a D1 football star and had offers from State and Bama, I'd have to fist fight my wife to get him to state. It's just how it is.

vCash
    Did Saban compliment us at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I just don't understand this thinking. Every kid in America wants to play for Saban and Bama. Saban does not have to cheat to pull these players. Hell, if my son was a D1 football star and had offers from State and Bama, I'd have to fist fight my wife to get him to state. It's just how it is.
    I'm sure a lot of kids want to play there. However I don't believe most kids can without a lot of helping. Think about being 20 years old and going to school a day or two days drive away. How are you getting home to visit? How are your parents coming to see you? There is a lot to work out other than free tuition.

vCash
    1970's Bama

They won multiple NC's and 28 games in a row from 1978-1980
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Nick Saban has the reputation of putting players in the NFL. A 5-* player will want to go where they can learn their craft. If players aren't good enough to play for Alabama (being injured, not panning out, etc.), Alabama has a scholarship program for those players to complete their education.

He has an unlimited budget to recruit assistant coaches, and to hire "consultants" (ie, coaches or assistant coaches who are there as advisers). He can only have 11 assistants, but an unlimited number of "consultants" (Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian went this route trying to rehab their images before getting back into coaching).

The only way the rest of the SEC can compete is to outrecruit Saban, put a rule in place to limit the number of "consultants" you can have in the athletic department, and/or ban scholarship programs for players who wash out of the football program.