Thread: For what it's worth from an ol timer...

vCash

For what it's worth from an ol timer...

State will still be favored to end up 9-3 and have a great bowl game... and the Confederates will still get hammered (hopefully with vacating those "wins" against Bama).

vCash
    Truth. Idk how old you are, but the past Mullen years have been the best we've experienced at Miss State, and in my lifetime. Sure Jackie beat bama a few times, but they were down.

Now where's that stat showing how many four and five stars bama has vs Miss State?

vCash
    Agree on all. We are in a great era of State Football and really all sports. Proud to be a Dawg!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Truth. Idk how old you are, but the past Mullen years have been the best we've experienced at Miss State, and in my lifetime. Sure Jackie beat bama a few times, but they were down.

Now where's that stat showing how many four and five stars bama has vs Miss State?
    At one point, the announcers said Bama had, what, 8 All-Americans on the field on defense? At one time.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    I’ll take a 9-3 season with a shot for 10 in a bowl all day every day.

That was a heartbreaker, but we showed the country what we will have coming back next year.

2018 is a run for the SECW

vCash
    Hate that we had a win in our grasp and managed to lose it, but this team deserves nothing but credit! Don’t know about that BS PI call.....but overall we had a shot just came up short. The almighty got lucky tonight, plain and simple

vCash
    The Bulldogs fought their tails off tonight against a big fast and physical team. It has always been that way in this rivalry...them just a little more talented. But we always fight our tails off and we did again tonight. I'm proud of these Bulldogs!

Hail State, brothers.

Banned
    vCash
    Agree. We will still beat Arkansas and OM like a drum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Agree. We will still beat Arkansas and OM like a drum.
    Next week will test us. Going on the road after a guy wrenching emotional loss makes it tough. Scary game.

vCash

Someone explain

Was at the game and don't know why or what was said about ridley's long catch(the second one) when he stepped out of bounds and came back in, ref threw his cap and the play stood. Not sure what I'm missing but that was a HUGE play obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Next week will test us. Going on the road after a guy wrenching emotional loss makes it tough. Scary game.
    Yeah gotta avoid emotional letdown and not let this loss become more.

vCash
    Was at the game and don't know why or what was said about ridley's long catch(the second one) when he stepped out of bounds and came back in, ref threw his cap and the play stood. Not sure what I'm missing but that was a HUGE play obviously.
    The play did not 'stand'.....call was for illegal touching, since Ridley stepped out on his own and came back in to catch the ball...Ala then had 4th down

Banned
    vCash
    Just can’t letnit beat us twice.

vCash
    We will be down next week. We should still win it though.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Play before that, there were three, THREE, Bama holds as well.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjoedawg View Post
    The play did not 'stand'.....call was for illegal touching, since Ridley stepped out on his own and came back in to catch the ball...Ala then had 4th down
    Nope he was talking about the other one where Hurts was scrambling and Ridley went vertical down the sideline. He stepped out and came back in and they let him keep the 65 yards.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Nope he was talking about the other one where Hurts was scrambling and Ridley went vertical down the sideline. He stepped out and came back in and they let him keep the 65 yards.
    I saw the refs hat off and was wondering where the flag was.

I guess our guy went out? I have no idea either why the hat comes off but no flag unless the guy that went out never touched the ball????? I have not seen a replay.

Banned
    vCash
    We have 3 losses to 3 top 6 teams! Do not let Bama beat us a second time next week!

vCash
    All last night did was make it that much worse for Arkansas and BearSharks. This team (the players) expect and demand excellence. Simmons and Lewis tweeting after the game that that loss, to arguably one of the best programs in college football history, was unacceptable. I've never seen a state team like it. I may end up eating crow but I think we are going to see Us absolutely decimate Pig U and TSUN and go to one hell of a bowl game. I'm so disappointed we lost last night but I'm incredibly proud of this team.