Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing not making sense about the way the talking heads are viewing tomorrow is...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

One thing not making sense about the way the talking heads are viewing tomorrow is...

The fact that an offense with an immobile QB racked up 306 total yards and 151 rushing on Bama last week. Why does everyone think one of the best running QB?s in SEC history will be shut down? We are much better than LSU?s or A&M?s offenses. Our defense is mush better than A&M and comparable to LSU.

Logic and the games between common opponents suggest a close game at worst. Yes our past performances have been atrocious but this team isn?t the last place SECWest team everyone predicted preseason.

My question is if you looked at each team this season and opponents without names on resume, what would the talking heads be saying about our chances.

I honestly believe we do not have to play perfect to beat them tomorrow. If we avoid the early deep ball TD we will be in it.

vCash
    Agree, Rouge. Our DBs have to NOT let any completions get behind them early and we have a chance. We need to avoid being in a hole after the 1st Qtr of play.

vCash
    Both MSU & Bammer have had some Jekyl-Hyde performances this year. It’ll depend on “who shows up?”, IMO.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Biggest factor to me is whether our corners can hold up against down field passes. We will fly down on play action to stop the run, and auburn and Georgia both got behind our secondary. Bama wr > our cb.

vCash
    We are looked at as one dimensional, and Saban will stop what we do, in their opinion.

vCash
    I want to say we are good enough to beat this year's version of Alabama, because I really believe that. So much depends on which MSU shows up tomorrow and how well Dan can get them psyched up before the game. I know one ting for certain. We need to hit the field ready to play from the initial kickoff.

We can't take a quarter to get into the game. I hate it when we do that, and that sadly seems to be our style of ball.

We should know pretty quickly tomorrow night. To me it is always obvious pretty quickly which MSU has shown up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The fact that an offense with an immobile QB racked up 306 total yards and 151 rushing on Bama last week. Why does everyone think one of the best running QB?s in SEC history will be shut down? We are much better than LSU?s or A&M?s offenses. Our defense is mush better than A&M and comparable to LSU.

Logic and the games between common opponents suggest a close game at worst. Yes our past performances have been atrocious but this team isn?t the last place SECWest team everyone predicted preseason.

My question is if you looked at each team this season and opponents without names on resume, what would the talking heads be saying about our chances.

I honestly believe we do not have to play perfect to beat them tomorrow. If we avoid the early deep ball TD we will be in it.
    I?m with you Rouge. I mentioned earlier in the week how the 2 common opponents we played we destroyed and bama struggled somewhat so idon?t understand the we don?t have a chance talk.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    I want to say we are good enough to beat this year's version of Alabama, because I really believe that. So much depends on which MSU shows up tomorrow and how well Dan can get them psyched up before the game. I know one ting for certain. We need to hit the field ready to play from the initial kickoff.

We can't take a quarter to get into the game. I hate it when we do that, and that sadly seems to be our style of ball.

We should know pretty quickly tomorrow night. To me it is always obvious pretty quickly which MSU has shown up.
    Which MSU shows up has been dictated by two things: giving up the early deep TD or coming out committed to working on the passing game against OOC?s with limited read option runs from Fitz. We got behind early to UGA and UA and had to abandon our bread and butter. The OOC?s we have struggled early because we try to pass and run normal handoff running plays. That?s why our offense appears to struggle early in theOOC games.

For our offense to be successful with Fitz, he has to run the read option early and often. This opens up bus passing because the defense has to account for him. Every drive he?s not a threat to run, is a wasted drive. Makes me wonder how sidfeeenr the A&M game would?ve been had they hit one of those first two deep passes. Didn?t Hellen and we did not have to alter our hanrolab. When we get behind we seem to go to certain plays because we aren?t designed to play that way.

vCash
    Their QB is very elusive. If he gets out of the pocket and takes off, we'll probably have a hard time tackling him because of his speed.

vCash
    Y’all cats make some good points.

If bammer: LBs struggle, & loses out on field position, 3rd downs, TOS & TOP, & makes no explosive plays, this game is up for grabs...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    We win, I feel it in my old bones.

vCash
    It’s time to get this monkey off our back. This is one of our best teams on offense, defense and special teams. We are at home. We have a mobile QB who can neutralize the dominance of Bama’s DL. Our OL is better than years past.

We have to use our TEs in the passing game and use RPO to make inexperienced LBs think too much. We can win this game. And when we do....
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    This game will be very physical and the crowd will be all lathered up and electric with the band playing the National Anthem and the flyover!

It's time, Bulldogs win and Mullen gets the monkey off his back!

vCash
    I would really like our chances if we had Fred Ross.

vCash
    Not only do we have to play perfect, we need some "odd" turnovers to win. By "odd", I mean a fumbled punt or a fluke interception for a pick 6. They're better and we need some breaks to win...unusual breaks.

vCash
    If we just had SEC caliber receivers.... Gonzo'd!

vCash
    I have been saying it all week. We will be the best front seven Bama has faced this year. We will do all we can to put the game on Hurts arm

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Y’all cats make some good points.

If bammer: LBs struggle, & loses out on field position, 3rd downs, TOS & TOP, & makes no explosive plays, this game is up for grabs...
    Passive aggression at its finest.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    After the KY & A&M games, I was thinking the team that was blown out by GA & AU had packed up and left town only to return last week. Was it due to having so many of our WR's out? Are any of those that were out ready to play? Do we have any LB'S capable of spying Hurts and making open field tackles on him? That Bamer QB worries me with his legs. We don't have much of a chance if we can't get pressure on their QB rushing 4. Gotta be able to do that.

The facts are though is that no way in hell , and I mean not one time in a hundred does UMASS come into Tuscaloosa and give this Bamer team fits like they did us. That's what worries me. Got to have Mr. Hyde reappear tonight in Starkville.