Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing not making sense about the way the talking heads are viewing tomorrow is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    After the KY & A&M games, I was thinking the team that was blown out by GA & AU had packed up and left town only to return last week. Was it due to having so many of our WR's out? Are any of those that were out ready to play? Do we have any LB'S capable of spying Hurts and making open field tackles on him? That Bamer QB worries me with his legs. We don't have much of a chance if we can't get pressure on their QB rushing 4. Gotta be able to do that.

The facts are though is that no way in hell , and I mean not one time in a hundred does UMASS come into Tuscaloosa and give this Bamer team fits like they did us. That's what worries me. Got to have Mr. Hyde reappear tonight in Starkville.
    LOL, that Umass game has NOTHING to do with playing Bama today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    We are looked at as one dimensional, and Saban will stop what we do, in their opinion.

If we could get a down the field passing game going at least to some extent that could change that perception. Right now I would say that is pretty accurate on the one dimensional perception.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    After the KY & A&M games, I was thinking the team that was blown out by GA & AU had packed up and left town only to return last week. Was it due to having so many of our WR's out? Are any of those that were out ready to play? Do we have any LB'S capable of spying Hurts and making open field tackles on him? That Bamer QB worries me with his legs. We don't have much of a chance if we can't get pressure on their QB rushing 4. Gotta be able to do that.

The facts are though is that no way in hell , and I mean not one time in a hundred does UMASS come into Tuscaloosa and give this Bamer team fits like they did us. That's what worries me. Got to have Mr. Hyde reappear tonight in Starkville.
    Two plays go differently in the second quarter against UMASS and it?s a 42-9 blow out. Every team has a letdown game. Ours was UMASS. Bama has a similar game against Colorado State. Anyone basing their analysis of Bama on the CSU game?

vCash
    I think it's going to come down to how badly we (meaning the team AND Mullen) are intimidated just by playing Alabama. If they come out thinking they can with, then they just might do it. We have a capable team, but if they're scared like they have been the last 9 years, then we'll lose.

I remember when we rarely won, but just about every game we played with them was close. It hasn't been that way lately.

vCash
    Bottom line - we need a perfect storm of breaks, execution, and explosive plays in our favor. Don't care if that comes from Offense, Defense, or ST. Need the crowd to stay in it. The HC and staff need to not get tight assed like we usually seem to do. They are a tough out for a reason. But, any given Saturday.....

Banned
    vCash
    I have a sinking feeling this will feel like the LSU game Dan’s first year, tantalizingly close, but they do just enough to survive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    It’s time to get this monkey off our back. This is one of our best teams on offense, defense and special teams. We are at home. We have a mobile QB who can neutralize the dominance of Bama’s DL. Our OL is better than years past.

We have to use our TEs in the passing game and use RPO to make inexperienced LBs think too much. We can win this game. And when we do....
    This is exactly right. But I can't help but worry that this won't even occur to Mullen. Hopefully he's changed and has his butt plug in so he doesn't have to worry about whatever it is that makes him pucker up his an us again't theses guys. I been saying it a week. He needs to call this game like we're favored. Treat it like this is a good Kentucky squad coming in here.

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    LOL, that Umass game has NOTHING to do with playing Bama today.
    Truth. Weeks like last week can be found on every National Champion's schedule. There is always a WT17 game. Until USA last year at least CDM don't lose them like Croom and JWS made at habit of.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I think it's going to come down to how badly we (meaning the team AND Mullen) are intimidated just by playing Alabama. If they come out thinking they can with, then they just might do it. We have a capable team, but if they're scared like they have been the last 9 years, then we'll lose.

I remember when we rarely won, but just about every game we played with them was close. It hasn't been that way lately.
    Growing up for me it was like that. Seemed to last about a quarter century. While it doesn't seem odd to me to lose to Bammer so much, getting stomped does feel strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Bottom line - we need a perfect storm of breaks, execution, and explosive plays in our favor. Don't care if that comes from Offense, Defense, or ST. Need the crowd to stay in it. The HC and staff need to not get tight assed like we usually seem to do. They are a tough out for a reason. But, any given Saturday.....
    Woof!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!