Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Put your CFP hats on.... (Re: B1G)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Miami won't survive. I'm not sure they survive this weekend.
    Miami has done nothing BUT survive all year. Never sell a team like that short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    In your scenario, you most likely have a 1-loss Miami team with their only loss to a playoff team. Miami 1-loss acc champ could trump 1-loss sec runner up
    UGA is ahead of ND in the pecking order unless UGA loses 2 games. They beat ND in south bend in the first game with their backup true freshmen QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Miami has done nothing BUT survive all year. Never sell a team like that short.
    Agree with this. 1992 Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    One of Alabama and Georgia will lose to Auburn. So, the loser of the SEC championship probably won't make it.

SEC Champ
    Wisconsin (if undefeated)
    Notre Dame (if still 1 loss)
    Clemson or Miami

If Notre Dame loses, that'll open the door for a non-cannibalized Big 12 or Pac-12 team, if it exists. If it doesn't, loser of SEC championship is up next.
    Either Miami or ND will be out after this weekend, unless Miami loses a close one to ND and then beats Clemson.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Either Miami or ND will be out after this weekend, unless Miami loses a close one to ND and then beats Clemson.
    Soooo, my post is correct. Thanks for the input.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Any of you cats think an undefeated Wisconsin gets left out?

A lot would have to happen, but I believe it's a real possibility...
    It is a REAL possibility. Just a quick single scenario...

-BAMA or UGA wins out
    -Notre Dame wins out, stays with 1 loss
    -Clemson wins out, stays with 1 loss OR Miami wins out after losing a close game to Notre Dame
    -OU wins out with 1 loss

This scenario would absolutely result in Wisconsin being left out if undefeated. As the B1G continues to fall apart down the stretch, Wisconsin winning the conference (especially from their division with such a ridiculously weak schedule) looks weaker and weaker by the minute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    It is a REAL possibility. Just a quick single scenario...

-BAMA or UGA wins out
    -Notre Dame wins out, stays with 1 loss
    -Clemson wins out, stays with 1 loss OR Miami wins out after losing a close game to Notre Dame
    -OU wins out with 1 loss

This scenario would absolutely result in Wisconsin being left out if undefeated. As the B1G continues to fall apart down the stretch, Wisconsin winning the conference (especially from their division with such a ridiculously weak schedule) looks weaker and weaker by the minute.
    This^.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    As State fans, we better hope an undefeated Wisconsin doesn't get jumped by a one loss blue blood. If the undefeated Big 10 champ gets skipped just because they aren't a name brand then Mississippi State will never see the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    If Wisc goes undefeated which also means they're the conference champion they'll make it to the playoffs
    I think so too and really wouldn't have it any other way. Frankly, if any P5 Champ gets through undefeated I just can't justify leaving them out unless all FIVE are undefeated. The reason is that I don't want to have them go to another NY6 Bowl and absolutely destroy whatever 11-1, 10-2 P5 school they're matched with. To me that would forever put a taint on the CFB winner's championship because of the "what if" factor. I've always said that we already have a 12 game playoff that starts Labor Day weekend. You better win. The whole purpose of the season is to eliminate people. So, if undefeated UGA and Bama play in the SECCG and one loses a good one then certainly I'd make a case for putting them both in. But not at the expense of an undefeated P5 Conference Champ. A rematch between SEC teams would be great but hardly necessary. One of them would have already been "eliminated" for reasoning purposes if necessary.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    This^.
    Nope, disagree on this one Buddy. If Wisconsin wins out and beats Ohio State that puts Oklahoma's win over the same school as no better than Wisconsin's. Oklahoma will have it's home loss to Iowa State, a school comparable to Wisconsin opponents Michigan and Iowa (which Wisconsin would have defeated in this scenario). Sooners would have the win over now 10-2 TCU, which also lost to Iowa State. I say they are more or less the same and OU gets the bump down. It is by no means a shoe in for OU. In this scenario there is no way they set the precedent of leaving a 13-0 Big 10 Champion with possibly three victories over ranked teams, with OSU likely still in top 15, out of the CFP.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Nope, disagree on this one Buddy. If Wisconsin wins out and beats Ohio State that puts Oklahoma's win over the same school as no better than Wisconsin's. Oklahoma will have it's home loss to Iowa State, a school comparable to Wisconsin opponents Michigan and Iowa (which Wisconsin would have defeated in this scenario). Sooners would have the win over now 10-2 TCU, which also lost to Iowa State. I say they are more or less the same and OU gets the bump down. It is by no means a shoe in for OU. In this scenario there is no way they set the precedent of leaving a 13-0 Big 10 Champion with possibly three victories over ranked teams, with OSU likely still in top 15, out of the CFP.
    Hey, I respect your opinion and I hope the Committee thinks the way you do... As a Bammer, I'd MUCH rather play an undefeated Wisky than a 1 loss Clemson or Oklahoma, etc....

As a non-partisan, I'd like to see the "best four teams", regardless of Conference Championships, being undefeated, etc...

No.

vCash
    I don't care how many one loss teams there are at seasons end, if the B1G has an undefeated team, Kirk Herbstreet and others will get the B1G team in the playoff.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I don't care how many one loss teams there are at seasons end, if the B1G has an undefeated team, Kirk Herbstreet and others will get the B1G team in the playoff.
    Kirk has made it clear, he's of the opinion that the 4 best teams should be in, and that may not result in an undefeated conference champion being included.

The committee is doing a good job of weighing resumes imo. Wisconsin's resume is and will remain doo doo in comparison to several one loss teams.

Long way to go. These things usually work themselves out, but the debate is fun in the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Kirk has made it clear, he's of the opinion that the 4 best teams should be in, and that may not result in an undefeated conference champion being included.

The committee is doing a good job of weighing resumes imo. Wisconsin's resume is and will remain doo doo in comparison to several one loss teams.

Long way to go. These things usually work themselves out, but the debate is fun in the meantime.
    This is true. There are directions this could go that would change the whole argument from whether or not an undefeated school should get left out to which 2 loss school should get in! Still four weekends left.

vCash
    Yeah, What you 2 guys ^^ said.

No.

vCash
    The committee gets paid to make the tough calls and I see them doing an OK job at the moment.

Is putting Wisconsin in the playoff or cutting them out of it when there are better teams ahead of them a tough decision?

Not really.

If they deserve to be there, they will be put there. Win/Loss has some bearing, but not necessarily if there are better teams.

I am certain they will consider Wisconsin's record at the end of the season and an undefeated status must stand for something.

Sadly for Wisconsin, it may not mean enough to put them into the playoffs and if that happens, them is the breaks.