Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the realistic expectations for men's basketball

vCash

What are the realistic expectations for men's basketball

Basketball is probably my favorite sport, and I've been dying for a good basketball team for the last five years. Not sure if this team can make the tournament this year, but I do believe they should be much improved from last season.
    http://trumaroontakeover.com/2017/11...te-basketball/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBites15 View Post
    Basketball is probably my favorite sport, and I've been dying for a good basketball team for the last five years. Not sure if this team can make the tournament this year, but I do believe they should be much improved from last season.
    http://trumaroontakeover.com/2017/11...te-basketball/
    I'm not sure they do much more than they did last year. The inside game still looks to be lacking.

vCash
    NIT

vCash
    No lower than 2nd in the Sec, 2-seed or higher in the NCAA tourney, and at least elite 8...

I will settle for NIT/NCAA bubble though

vCash
    We going to the Big Dance.. same Dogs that said we might win 6 in football. We have some negative ass fans.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Round of 32.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    NIT
    yep

vCash
    This team seems to be missing that low post, power presence . We are thin on the block. Ado out, really limits our rebounding and post defense. Herard is a testament to the fallacy of the "star" system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    This team seems to be missing that low post, power presence . We are thin on the block. Ado out, really limits our rebounding and post defense. Herard is a testament to the fallacy of the "star" system.
    Think you guys are giving up on herard waaayyy too early. Last year during the aTm, Kentucky, and tenn stretch, herard scored 37 points in 55 mins of action. He has shown ability

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    We going to the Big Dance.. same Dogs that said we might win 6 in football. We have some negative ass fans.
    It's not being negative necessarily. I think most fans believe we will be better this season, but what I think ultimately will hurt us come Selection Sunday will be the strength of schedule. I think this is a 20 win team, but I feel like to make the tourney we will have to be closer to 24 which is tough to do.

vCash
    At least 21 wins.
    Top 25 ranking.
    Not a losing season in conference.

Do that, get a birth, and build from there. That would be a big step forward.

vCash
    I think we go 22-9/10-8 this season. This team has a ton of potential and once Howland realizes the three headed monster of Peters/Nick W/Q gives us the best chance to win, we will reach our full potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I think we go 22-9/10-8 this season. This team has a ton of potential and once Howland realizes the three headed monster of Peters/Nick W/Q gives us the best chance to win, we will reach our full potential.
    Maybe, but they aren't inside players. I may be old school but to me good basketball starts in the paint. I haven't seen anythiing there to really get excited about since BEFORE we ran Stans off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Think you guys are giving up on herard waaayyy too early. Last year during the aTm, Kentucky, and tenn stretch, herard scored 37 points in 55 mins of action. He has shown ability
    Absolutely! Some seem to forget that big men tend to develop slower and that Herard has only been playing basketball since he was in high school. He has big time skills and athleticism. He has huge upside. Once he develops his footwork and figures out how and where he needs to be(especially on defense), he's gonna be a beast... It's just gonna take more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    What makes you think Howland doesn't know what he has in that group(plus Eli and Nick)? He has said on numerous occasions that he felt like our best play would come from when we went "small". These guys still aren't listening to him about movement. They run through the first set and if they don't get a shot off, they stop. He's on the sideline yelling his head off to MOVE!!!! When they continue moving and making the extra pass, they get good shots and convert a high percentage of them.

vCash
    NIT is the expectation, NCAA is the hope.

Banned
    vCash
    I want to see a much better defensive team and an actual identity on offense. I want to see Peters live up to his hype every game and I want to see Q play like he did as a freshman. I want to see Tyson not disappear for twenty minute gaps and I want to see Holman dunking it way more than jacking 3's. I want to see Herard catch the ball every time and move his damn feet on defense and stop acting like it's nuclear science formulas out there. I want to see Stapleton not foul out every game. I want to see Eli close the gap between him and the rest of the sophomores. He was a big prospect coming outta HS and he had a slow freshman year to start out. Oh and I want to see a mean Howland kicking the refs asses every game and demanding his players play to their potential. I want to see a lot of things I guess.

vCash
    We’re goin dancin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    What makes you think Howland doesn't know what he has in that group(plus Eli and Nick)? He has said on numerous occasions that he felt like our best play would come from when we went "small". These guys still aren't listening to him about movement. They run through the first set and if they don't get a shot off, they stop. He's on the sideline yelling his head off to MOVE!!!! When they continue moving and making the extra pass, they get good shots and convert a high percentage of them.
    The reason I say that is because of the five he put out on the floor in the two exhibition games. Starting later today, every game counts and we can’t afford to drop any of these early games if we want to do anything this year. It’s time to start the dynamic trio with Stapleton and Holman. Once Ado gets back, start him. It’s not rocket science on the five that give us the best chance to win.

vCash
    Miss the NIT, again. In Howland I don't trust, yet.