Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So...is IT happening tomorrow?

vCash

So...is IT happening tomorrow?

What say ye peeps in the know?

vCash
    It's too quiet imo. Seems like something would've been leaked by now if the NCAA had told UM to bend over already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It's too quiet imo. Seems like something would've been leaked by now if the NCAA had told UM to bend over already.
    Yeah, I️ don’t think it will be this week. We would have heard something from the reliable sources if it was.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Nothing really leaked in the UNC case either until right before. At least nothing credible.

vCash
    If you are going to release something to the media that you want lesser media coverage, for a few days, you do it at the end of the work week. If it is a holiday weekend that just makes it better from a public relations standpoint because there should be less media coverage. USDA and FDA have used this method when they have released food recalls.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-08-2017 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    I'm gonna take the "under", relative to the EggBowl....

(one of those "I know a guy who knows a guy... allegedly thingies)....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'm gonna take the "under", relative to the EggBowl....

(one of those "I know a guy who knows a guy... allegedly thingies)....

Haha But I know that guy's sister who knows somebody who works at the SEC Office , whose brother works in the NCAA Office and his son is on the cleaning staff for the NCAA Compliance and Enforcement Staff and he said "IT" would be..................... loss connection lol

Banned
    vCash
    I don't think so. I still think it'll be after egg bowl.

vCash
    My guesstimate would be November 17....

vCash
    The later the better, with the early signing period upcoming the longer they go with out being able to hire a coach the more it will hinder their recruiting. I love it. Aside from being curious about the actual sanctions I wish they'd drag it out until next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    The later the better, with the early signing period upcoming the longer they go with out being able to hire a coach the more it will hinder their recruiting. I love it. Aside from being curious about the actual sanctions I wish they'd drag it out until next year.
    This is how I feel. I kind of wish the Hugh Freeze stuff had gone down in January.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If it is not this Friday like their “insiders” are claiming, I would expect it to be post egg bowl like Pat Forde, who has actual NCAA contacts, predicted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What say ye peeps in the know?
    not in the know, but I feel it will be between friday and Tuesday of next week. Just a guess. But the 24 hour lag is not true according to the NCAA website. It's WAY less than that. The ncaa is going to notify the school with just enough time for the school to make a statement to the media and (I think) they allow only VERY limited time for the school to file a rebuttal.

My guess is we hear about this over the weekend or very late Friday. Could be wrong. The 10 week mark is tuesday the 21st. That would be especially cruel. It would be all that was talked about in the media before the egg bowl. But it is the 10 week mark. 8-10 weeks is what the NCAA posts is their time frame.

I feel that the NCAA is particularly angry about the Rebel Rags lawsuit and all the deflections and delays considering the evidence they have. Any leniency the OM fanbase could expect went out the window with their crap since the announcement of Freeze's firing. The NCAA knows that Ole Miss knew about that even if Bjork acted as if this was a surprise.

At this point, the length of the probation could be the real issue. If more than 4 years, om has to keep reducing scholarships, no matter how few, for that long. That may very well be the killer here.

Bowl games may cause immediate attrition and high scholarship reductions might cause a shock to the rest of the members. But a lengthy probationary period, say 6 scholarships per year for 5 years brings them down to 55 after year 5 and then they can only recover at 25 per year which is 1.5 more years which brings the total penalty to 7.5 years and involves another signing day.

Arrogance is good for message boards. But it sucks long term.

vCash
    @Bryan_CTP on twitter says he's hearing Thursday or Friday, and that it's fairly good for OM. We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    @Bryan_CTP on twitter says he's hearing Thursday or Friday, and that it's fairly good for OM. We'll see.

This holiday weekend would be the most advantageous time for OM to release it to the media. We will see, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    This holiday weekend would be the most advantageous time for OM to release it to the media. We will see, though.
    As I recall, it's not OM releasing anything...it's all about when the NCAA decides to release it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    As I recall, it's not OM releasing anything...it's all about when the NCAA decides to release it.

True my bad... a long week.......But when it is released to the media, it would be better for OM if it was received by the media during a holiday weekend as there is usually less media coverage with less staff, the holiday, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    So is @Bryan_CTP a COI member? Otherwise how would he know anything?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    So is @Bryan_CTP a COI member? Otherwise how would he know anything?
    He doesn’t. He’s trolling....or lying.

vCash
    Who the **** is Bryan_CTP???? Lmao