Thread: What State must do to upset Bama

vCash

What State must do to upset Bama

There isn't necessarily a blue print to beating Alabama, but these are just a few of my thoughts. Let me know what you would add. Hail State!
    http://trumaroontakeover.com/2017/11...ainst-alabama/

Banned
    vCash
    Suiting up Dak Prescott, Anthony Dixon, Jerious Norwood, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, Preston Smith, Chris Jones, KJ Wright, Gabe Jackson, Fred Ross, Chad Bumphis, DeRunnya Wilson, Nikoe Whitley and Jon Banks should be enough to win.

vCash
    I think another thing you must do against Bama is make the unspectacular play.

Catch the football, take the 2 yards they give you instead of creating a 5 yard loss by trying to do too much, and play fundamentally sound football by doing what you do best.

vCash
    With Dak, Fred Ross,and Bear I think we win this game with Bama beat up like they are. Love Fitz but he's got a little ways to go throwing the ball ... although he ain't got to many targets to throw to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Suiting up Dak Prescott, Anthony Dixon, Jerious Norwood, Fletcher Cox, Darius Slay, Preston Smith, Chris Jones, KJ Wright, Gabe Jackson, Fred Ross, Chad Bumphis, DeRunnya Wilson, Nikoe Whitley and Jon Banks should be enough to win.
    Probably need to add Derek Sherrod to your OL because I’m not sure Gabe Jackson is enough.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Probably need to add Derek Sherrod to your OL because I’m not sure Gabe Jackson is enough.
    I thought about Sherrod but I think he's done. Dillon Day did just get picked up by an NFL team though so he could definitely help.

vCash
    RTGDFB. We've got to commit to it, but know that Bama will load the box, especially with their lack of depth at LB. When they get into that pattern, we need to be ready to burn them deep (yeah, I know with who...right?). But we've got to try. I know trick plays won't win the game, but a flea-flicker could work when they think we are running and they are committed to stop it. That's on offense.

On defense, we have to tackle well, and play error-free. Try to stop the Bama run game, make Hurts beat us throwing. If we can stay in his running lanes and pin him in the pocket, maybe we can get a few sacks and in turn make him make some bad decisions. That's defense.

Christmann gotta Cristmann and Cooke gotta Cooke (including some punts pinning Bama deep, and all touchbacks on kickoffs). ST needs to get a few good returns in. I doubt we bust one like last week, but that'd be nice too.

And last but not least, the whole team has to play loose. We've nothing to lose, at all.

vCash
    Have I told y'all I've watched this game for 30+ years?

Anytime we had a good team to give them a run..... It was always turnovers that crushed us. We can't turn the ball
    Over and we will need a few gifts from them.

vCash
    Not having Sirmon as DC is probably worth 24-21 points vs last year, that’s a start

Archimedes
    vCash
    Y'all have it wrong. We need to find a sway to complete 5 or more back shoulder passes on the outside. Further thomas couch or Todd need to win another 3 or 4 jump balls over their dbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Y'all have it wrong. We need to find a sway to complete 5 or more back shoulder passes on the outside. Further thomas couch or Todd need to win another 3 or 4 jump balls over their dbs.
    If we could do this it would greatly enhance our chances to win, but we aren't winning many 50-50 balls against far inferior DBs. Pounding RBs up the middle and throws to TE across the middle that will be covered by 4 star instead of 5 star LBs. Also play Gray in the slot if he is able to go. Good play calls in key situations is critical. The Josh Robinson safety in 2014 is a classic example of a play call that can't happen in a game like this.