Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If We Score a TD in the First Half vs Bama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not typically. With their LBs issues & our OL & Fitz, I could see it working better this year than ever before. Fitz is a better runner than Dak with a better OL
    I may tend to think maybe so but, it depends. Probably not if Mullen tries it 3 times in a row from the 9.

vCash
    I think this thread should focus more on the era of Nick Saban rather than Dan Mullen. However someone mentioned the red zone and I became curious...

Year. Red zone. Result
    2016. 0
    2015. 1. Downs
    2014. 6. FG, FG, Int, TD, Int, TD
    2013. 3. MFG, TD, Downs
    2012. 3. MFG, int, TD
    2011. 3. MFG, MFG, TD
    2010. 2. FG, TD
    2009. 2. MFG, FG

1991 inside the 5, with a chance to the win the game, about 1 min, downs
    1981 inside the 10, with a chance to win the game, less 1 min,interception

It isn't just a Mullen problem.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-08-2017 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    One good thing about this year. If we get down within their 35 yd line about 7 times, we'll most likely score 21 points *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    17 THE PAST--Saturday is a new day. this game will be a nut cutter.
    A nut cutter huh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    A lot of this has to do with the fact that this is about the time most teams hit their peak, which translates to an exponentially larger gap for a team with that much talent and depth. We also seem to always get their best game execution-wise, which I'd like to think is a sign of respect for us and the way we play.

If we could have gotten them in week three or four like certain others do just a few times, I think some of the numbers would look different, even if not the win column.

Seems like Bama is always at their peak when we play them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I think this thread should focus more on the era of Nick Saban rather than Dan Mullen. However someone mentioned the red zone and I became curious...

Year. Red zone. Result
    2016. 0
    2015. 1. Downs
    2014. 6. FG, FG, Int, TD, Int, TD
    2013. 3. MFG, TD, Downs
    2012. 3. MFG, int, TD
    2011. 3. MFG, MFG, TD
    2010. 2. FG, TD
    2009. 2. MFG, FG

1991 inside the 5, with a chance to the win the game, about 1 min, downs
    1981 inside the 10, with a chance to win the game, less 1 min,interception

It isn't just a Mullen problem.
    This is excellent. 2015 & 2016 was Holloway; 2012 & 2013 was Perkins. 2014 was Jrob and the only year we were competitive. Proves that when you play the big RBs, it works. You cant really look at carries but have to look at snaps played. The last two years we gave away the rb threat by playing the small Rb which Bama doesn't have to respect and can key only on qb run. This year, we only have big RBs and auburn & UGA earlier in year proves that Fitz throwing 22+ times will not work. We need to run it with Fitz & Aeris & Kylin & Gibson 80% of the time. Mixon on 4-6 speed sweeps to wind their oversized LBs. Do that & see where the chips fall. We can complete enough short & intermediate passes but have to fire off and run. Also Fitz has to run & pull the option to perfection. There will be ~5 plays if Fitz pulls it properly can house it.

It's not fair to the OL to play small RBs ala 2015.

It's not that Fitz isn't a good passer, but our WRs don't win 50/50 so need to keep the passing attempts down.

We will have the best D they've faced.

Never underestimate homefield advantage in the SEC.

#94 needs to show up. If kimchee can parlay one good game into a 1st round pick then Simmons can to as he's much better player.

It's going to be a great game, better than any of our fans think it will be.