Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If We Score a TD in the First Half vs Bama

vCash

If We Score a TD in the First Half vs Bama

It will be the first TD that we will have scored in the 1st half vs Bama in the Mullen era. Think about that boys.

- We've only scored 6 TDs in 9 years.

- We've yet to have a rushing TD vs Bama in 9 years under Mullen.

- We've only had a lead once in 9 years.

That is futility at it's finest & goes far beyond just recruiting rankings.

Enjoy the atmosphere Saturday night, cheer hard, & celebrate every 1st down. And, if, if we score a TD, realize it's a historical moment

vCash
    Lol.... enjoy the process. Gotcha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Lol.... enjoy the process. Gotcha
    LOL. No doubt

This leads me again to my overall point this week. Just have fun & let your balls hang out Mullen.

A terrible offensive day vs Bama for us is just another day at the office. We've already done that & that's what I expect again.

So, what is there to be scared about? There should be no fear in this game. Just have fun & go for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    LOL. No doubt

This leads me again to my overall point this week. Just have fun & let your balls hang out Mullen.

A terrible offensive day vs Bama for us is just another day at the office. We've already done that & that's what I expect again.

So, what is there to be scared about? There should be no fear in this game. Just have fun & go for it.
    Anything less than a 60 - 0 blowout is gravy. Go into the game thinking there is nothing to lose and maybe some magic happens.

vCash
    LOL. No doubt

I agree. The more loose you are the better. I expect our team to have that LSU edge about them. They're not afraid of Bama. Honestly, I think that's the reason Dak never beat them. He respected them too much. Fitz, is a baddddd man with Ice water In his veins. If you've noticed ALL the teams that have beaten Bama have a Qb with swagger.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 11-08-2017 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    17 THE PAST--Saturday is a new day. this game will be a nut cutter.

vCash
    The last time we had the lead in a game vs bama Sylvester Croom was the coach.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Just the sheer fact we have scored 9 points total in the 1st half vs Bama in the Mullen Era in mind-boggling. Their OOC opponents average alot more than that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Just the sheer fact we have scored 9 points total in the 1st half vs Bama in the Mullen Era in mind-boggling. Their OOC opponents average alot more than that
    It's mind boggling.

It goes to show you that this is FAR more than just about Alabama's recruiting ranking vs ours. We have the #24 most talented roster in the country. That type of talent ranking should be sufficient to have faired much better in the points scored department that what we've done.

IMO, it speaks to how Mullen locks up in this game & just hasn't figured out how to get his team prepared to play this game.

When thinking about this, it reminds me of Greg Maddux vs Tony Gwynn: Greg Maddux is one of the top 5 right handed pitchers of all time yet Tony Gwynn hit .415 & with ZERO strike outs in over 100 career ABs vs Maddux. I'm not sure what happened to Maddux's pitching ability when he faced Gwynn but it's clear that it just wasn't a "talent" issue. Was it mental? A bad matchup? I don't know, it was probably a combination of all those things.

vCash
    Saban will focus on taking away Fitz's running. Our Wr have taken themselves out with injuries. That leaves Aeries. Bama will be fine with that. It will be a long game.

vCash
    I told my Bama friends some of these stats and they were blown away. Couldn't believe it was that lopsided. A lot of my Bama friends don't feel good about this game.

Shockingly, virtually all of them point to the 2013 game against us as why they lost to Auburn that year and missed out on a national championship. They feel like we exposed them and made Auburn not as afraid. That team of ours beat Arkansas and Ole Miss just to get to a bowl game. But many of them blame that game against us for them losing to Auburn. And in all honesty we had chances to win that game when Damian Williams came in. Dropped TD passes by Bear and Holloway on two different drives killed us.

Reason I bring that up is because my Bama friends think something similar could happen this year. They are abnormally scared of Auburn and think if Auburn beats UGA they will take Bama down and knock them out of everything. They are unusually uncomfortable about these next couple weeks of games including this one against us.

vCash
    It will be the first TD that we will have scored in the 1st half vs Bama in the Mullen era. Think about that boys.

- We've only scored 6 TDs in 9 years.

- We've yet to have a rushing TD vs Bama in 9 years under Mullen.

- We've only had a lead once in 9 years.

That is futility at it's finest & goes far beyond just recruiting rankings.

Enjoy the atmosphere Saturday night, cheer hard, & celebrate every 1st down. And, if, if we score a TD, realize it's a historical moment
    This doesn't tell the whole story. How many times have we reached the redzone in 1Q during 9 years?

vCash
    You guys who are trying to judge our program by using Alabama as THE measuring stick are setting yourself up for a lot of heartache. You do use them, but not as the only one.

vCash
    A lot of this has to do with the fact that this is about the time most teams hit their peak, which translates to an exponentially larger gap for a team with that much talent and depth. We also seem to always get their best game execution-wise, which I'd like to think is a sign of respect for us and the way we play.

If we could have gotten them in week three or four like certain others do just a few times, I think some of the numbers would look different, even if not the win column.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    This doesn't tell the whole story. How many times have we reached the redzone in 1Q during 9 years?
    Not sure. We typically can move the ball but absolutely go to hell in a hand basket in the red zone. We are turning into the Chicago Cubs prior to 2016 vs Alabama. The lovable, inept losers.

Here is may be the worst of the red zone opportunities. This one is from 2015

Followed by this dandy in 2014

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-08-2017 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You guys who are trying to judge our program by using Alabama as THE measuring stick are setting yourself up for a lot of heartache. You do use them, but not as the only one.
    Nobody is measuring our program vs theirs. That's ridiculous.

We are a good team & damn good football program.

What we are discussing is how such a damn good team & football program could possibly be so damn futile against them.

If it were understandable, it wouldn't be mind boggling, but, including my self, others have also called it "mind boggling"

vCash
    Nobody is measuring our program vs theirs. That's ridiculous.

We are a good team & damn good football program.

What we are discussing is how such a damn good team & football program could possibly be so damn futile against them.

If it were understandable, it wouldn't be mind boggling, but, including my self, others have also called it "mind boggling"
    Some are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That's a crazy stat. What does it say about our running game scheme? I have felt bad for our RB's since we ditched the FB after Mullen's 2nd year. We just slam Aeris up the middle 15 times a game like he's a FB in the wishbone. That shit doesn't work against Bama or AU or this year's UGA.

vCash
    Not sure. We typically can move the ball but absolutely go to hell in a hand basket in the red zone. We are turning into the Chicago Cubs prior to 2016 vs Alabama. The lovable, inept losers.

Here is may be the worst of the red zone opportunities. This one is from 2015

Followed by this dandy in 2014

QB draw doesn't work on Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    QB draw doesn't work on Bama.
    Not typically. With their LBs issues & our OL & Fitz, I could see it working better this year than ever before. Fitz is a better runner than Dak with a better OL