Thread: Mailk not playing PG for KU...

vCash

Mailk not playing PG for KU...

Imagine that.

On ESPN3..

vCash
    What a surprise.

vCash
    He could be a solid college player if he would accept who he is. He still thinks he's John Wall 2.0

vCash
    He did play PG in mop-up duty.. I stand corrected..

Banned
    vCash
    Per twitters it sounds like he got a little banged up tonight, didn't start the 2nd half but did play so it's nothing serious. He's softer than charmin.

vCash
    From the Kansas City Star...."Malik Newman (eight points, 3-of-9 shooting, 2 of 6 threes), who started the game but not the second half, returning to the court with 12:33 and 12:49 respectively, combined for just seven points with one assist against five turnovers in the initial half."

vCash
    He’s not going to like Bill Self’s offensive system either because he is going to have to learn how to get involved offensively off the ball. That was his complaint with Howland’s offensive system. He wanted the ball in his hands at all times and wanted the offense to go through him. He’s not good enough for the offense to go through him and it looks like Bill Self realizes that he has better options at both the 1 and 2. I still think he will be a good college player and will average 16 ppg or so. That probably should be good enough for 2nd team Big 12 I think.

vCash
    He is he we thought he was.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He?s not going to like Bill Self?s offensive system either because he is going to have to learn how to get involved offensively off the ball. That was his complaint with Howland?s offensive system. He wanted the ball in his hands at all times and wanted the offense to go through him. He?s not good enough for the offense to go through him and it looks like Bill Self realizes that he has better options at both the 1 and 2. I still think he will be a good college player and will average 16 ppg or so. That probably should be good enough for 2nd team Big 12 I think.

So maybe it appears that Horatio and Omhar aren't going to be happy campers again?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He is he we thought he was.....

vCash
    What an overrated player. I cant believe we got sucked into the hype.

vCash
    He's not overrated. He's good. He's just not better than everyone else once he gets in a floor with other big time players. That's not the problem though. The problem is he thinks he's better than all those other guys and refuses to play his role within a team.

vCash
    He is a very talented college 2 guard. Let's not dog the kid because he left. The unfortunate thing for him and for us is that he got bad advice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    He is a very talented college 2 guard. Let's not dog the kid because he left. The unfortunate thing for him and for us is that he got bad advice.
    I agree. And I hope he becomes a big time NBA star. Hope he realizes before it's too late that he has to play within a system. Look at Monta Ellis. Stud, but he's a role player at the NBA level. Malik has to learn to play within himself and quit trying to be something he's not. I think sometimes when these kids get too much pub too early in life it sets them on a course that they're either the very best player ever or a complete bust. I hope that doesn't happen to him.

vCash
    Self called him out by name in the post game....lack of effort and poor shooting

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Let's not dog the kid because he left.
    He hurt our program in several ways. He wasn't some insignificant loss like Ndoye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    He's not overrated. He's good. He's just not better than everyone else once he gets in a floor with other big time players. That's not the problem though. The problem is he thinks he's better than all those other guys and refuses to play his role within a team.
    He is very talented. But like Richard Williams said, he is a great 1 on 1 player. He also said he had tons of coaching, but it was all on individual skills. He said Malik needed to play more games, not all that individual stuff. Said he diidn't have enough team experience, understanding team concepts, and playing with in them.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He hurt our program in several ways. He wasn't some insignificant loss like Ndoye.
    He also helped our program...his signing set the tone for the class that Howland was able to sign. Not saying we wouldn't have gotten some or all of the talent we did, but his signing certainly started the ball rolling our way. For that, I am grateful.

As PH stated, he was set up for what has transpired by the hype. CL's "Malik Newman...Beyond the game" and a lot of other hype did the man a great disservice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    He’s not going to like Bill Self’s offensive system either because he is going to have to learn how to get involved offensively off the ball. That was his complaint with Howland’s offensive system. He wanted the ball in his hands at all times and wanted the offense to go through him. He’s not good enough for the offense to go through him and it looks like Bill Self realizes that he has better options at both the 1 and 2. I still think he will be a good college player and will average 16 ppg or so. That probably should be good enough for 2nd team Big 12 I think.
    You think he'll be the 1st or 2nd leading scorer for Kansas?

vCash
    Camp Newman is Kansas and Self's problem now.. best of luck