Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSU Complaining About 11:00 Start Time

vCash

You need a calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    In the Croom era
    You need to check your dates. Half of those 4 were during the Sherill era.
    Last edited by TheDawgiLama; 11-07-2017 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'm ok with having one 11AM game each week. I like having the game to watch and am ok with the tradeoff of that meaning we occasionally have to play in the 11am games. But they need to cut the favoritism BS. It's such a significant disadvantage for recruiting and attendance, home filed advantage, etc., I wish they would limit it to no more than one home game per year. ESPN should be ok with that as it would mean that 11am time slot would end up with a good matchup every once in a while.
    It's not favoritism, it's called business and dollars. Sorry that we don't draw as many tv eyes as most of the league. It's really hard to complain when fact is, us, vandy, and ole miss are nothing but welfare participants in the league. I know that won't be well received, but it's true. The sec doesn't have the tv contract we have because of us. And you can add ark and a couple of others if you wish, that's fine. We get an equal share and I'm thankful, and playing at 11 is part of it to help keep us competive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing schools given the option of
    A) 11am kick on TV or
    B) No TV and kick whenever you like

Most 11am games aren't really that compelling to me, either....
    And when you take option b don't get paid? I'm sure bama might like that but most of us wouldn't. Thus, 11 is fine.

vCash
    Do you guys think there may be some collusion between the blue bloods to block vote on such things?

If you vote to keep our tradition alive, we'll also support yours?
    Think? Hell I know there is
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'd gladly give away cowbells for a more balanced conference
    How do you propose it's more balanced? Bama gives everyone 1/14 of their players? Nothing like everyone gets a trophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I just looked at this years schedule. I gave each team one 11:00 start. Of the 13 week schedule, I had to match two SEC teams against each other only twice. With a little planning ahead I'm sure they could schedule where out of conference made up the 11:00 kicks. I'm sure every school would rather play say a UMass at 11 instead of an Alabama in our case.

9/2 Ga/App St.
    9/9 OM/U.T. Martin
    9/16 Aub/Mercer
    9/23 Tn/UMass
    9/30 LSU/Troy (Sorry LSU; you lost)
    10/7 Ky/Mo.
    10/14 MSU/BYU
    10/21 Mo/Idaho
    10/28 Vy/So. Carolina
    11/4 Ark/Co. Carolina
    11/11 A&M/New Mexico
    11/18 Ala/Mercer
    11/25 Fla/Fla. St.

This covers all 13 weekends and gives each school one 11:00 start. Why would this be so hard?
    Well thought out until the fla fsu at 11. So one of the best rivalries with tv at 12 eastern? Um just no

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's not favoritism, it's called business and dollars. Sorry that we don't draw as many tv eyes as most of the league. It's really hard to complain when fact is, us, vandy, and ole miss are nothing but welfare participants in the league. I know that won't be well received, but it's true. The sec doesn't have the tv contract we have because of us. And you can add ark and a couple of others if you wish, that's fine. We get an equal share and I'm thankful, and playing at 11 is part of it to help keep us competive.
    truth.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Well thought out until the fla fsu at 11. So one of the best rivalries with tv at 12 eastern? Um just no
    Well, I did put this together after the schedules were already made. Not bad trying to fit 14 teams into 13 weekends. My point is that with a little effort BEFORE the schedules are made, that it would be doable.

vCash
    Guess his phone call didn't get it changed.. **** LSU...

vCash
    11am games should be reserved for out of conference road games for all of the SEC schools. Think about it. The SEC network could easily control this.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Nothing to see here. If the chips fall and you're stuck at 1100 then suck it up buttercup and get over it. If we have to then then those rarely fall at that hour (looking at you purple and gold kittens) dang sure do. I like the idea of prescheduling one per Saturday though. I think. It would probably mean less 1100 for us but could mean never for 1100 for 5-6 schools.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Thanks for bringing some objective thinking to this thread. The hypocrisy of some is truly hilarious, yet sad because of the chips some carry around daily.

As a side, trading cowbells in so other teams have to play an 11:00 football game is asinine.

vCash

Well duh, Tusk...

Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing schools given the option of
    A) 11am kick on TV or
    B) No TV and kick whenever you like

Most 11am games aren't really that compelling to me, either....
    Not compelling to you? When is the last time Bama EVER had to play an 11:00 am game? Like NEVER???

vCash
    I'm with a shotgun here

East vs West permanent opp
    Florida vs LSU
    UGA vs A&M
    Auburn vs Bama
    Vandy vs Ole Miss
    Tenn vs Mizzu
    S.C. vs Ark
    UK vs State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    11am games should be reserved for out of conference road games for all of the SEC schools. Think about it. The SEC network could easily control this.
    No they can’t. Road games fall with the home team’s TV package. ESPN is already accused of being PRO SEC because of the SEC Network. They aren’t going to do that even where they do have the home teams package.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUdawg7 View Post
    Not compelling to you? When is the last time Bama EVER had to play an 11:00 am game? Like NEVER???
    They play one next week. I think they have already had one this year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That?s my point.
    So accommodate their tradition. They have accommodated ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    They play one next week. I think they have already had one this year too.
    They usually seem to play at least one of their early season cupcake home games at 1100 also.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUdawg7 View Post
    3 posts?

Post less.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    The 2 years under croom scores tho <<<<<<