Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU Complaining About 11:00 Start Time

vCash

LSU Complaining About 11:00 Start Time

This doesn't sit right with me. Playing at night is a significant advantage in recruiting, home field advantage, & building a program. LSU has not played a game before noon in 6 years & only 12 since 1969.

I feel this is relevant due to the recent attendance discussions on this page. Notice Joe Alleva's quote on the SEC helping them out. Why does the SEC help them & not other schools? Seems like unfair BS to me.

It feels to me like between Bama/Tenn, LSU night games, Iron Bowl, Cocktail Party on CBS, UGA/Auburn, etc that the SEC has so many built in traditions that it's become an uphill battle for the other programs to get the same fair chance at building their program as the "tradition" schools are getting.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-07-2017 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    They just need to get rid of 11AM games period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Or unless things change for the better at LSU they might want to get use to it.

vCash
    Wow. They should be no different than us or anyone else. they need to have 2 home games at 11:00 next year.

And I hope 1 of them is when we play them!

vCash
    and 45% of those games were against us
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    The entitlement is ridiculous.

I'm sick of the tradition BS all together. Auburn, get your ass over to the East. Tennessee & Bama, sorry it's no longer a rivalry & nobody cares, LSU, you gotta play at 11:00 like everyone else, UGA & Florida, Florida you have to be worth a shit before this game automatically takes the 2:30 time slot, etc......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    and 45% of those games were against us
    The Croom years were rough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The entitlement is ridiculous.

I'm sick of the tradition BS all together. Auburn, get your ass over to the East. Tennessee & Bama, sorry it's no longer a rivalry & nobody cares, LSU, you gotta play at 11:00 like everyone else, UGA & Florida, Florida you have to be worth a shit before this game automatically takes the 2:30 time slot, etc......
    Here Here

vCash
    Do you guys think there may be some collusion between the blue bloods to block vote on such things?

If you vote to keep our tradition alive, we'll also support yours?

vCash
    LSU played at night when nobody else did. They do have a legit claim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm ok with having one 11AM game each week. I like having the game to watch and am ok with the tradeoff of that meaning we occasionally have to play in the 11am games. But they need to cut the favoritism BS. It's such a significant disadvantage for recruiting and attendance, home filed advantage, etc., I wish they would limit it to no more than one home game per year. ESPN should be ok with that as it would mean that 11am time slot would end up with a good matchup every once in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    LSU played at night when nobody else did. They do have a legit claim.
    So because they played at night first, they deserve all the advantages that come with playing at night while everyone else compensates?

Finders keepers losers weepers?

Just because Bama won at football before others, they deserve to win forever?

Just because Bama & Tenn used to be the SEC's best rivalry, now we should hold onto it & hold back the advancement of he conference?

I would say that these programs have benefited greatly for numerous years due to the tradition & "getting a head start" but in an era where everyone is investing huge money, building top notch facilities, & doing everything in their power to compete, it's time to let some of this stuff go in the name of building a more fair, level, more competitive conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'm ok with having one 11AM game each week. I like having the game to watch and am ok with the tradeoff of that meaning we occasionally have to play in the 11am games. But they need to cut the favoritism BS. It's such a significant disadvantage for recruiting and attendance, home filed advantage, etc., I wish they would limit it to no more than one home game per year. ESPN should be ok with that as it would mean that 11am time slot would end up with a good matchup every once in a while.
    Great point. I think they should pre-schedule those games prior to the year kind of like the NFL does Monday Night Football or Thursday Night Football.

Just pre-schedule it. I bet if you did that, people would plan better & attendance for those games would increase while TV would also have a game for the 11:00 time slot. It's a win/win & ensures that the 11:00 AM games are evenly distributed across the conference.

vCash
    You start knocking out their traditions, they?re coming for ours. Not a huge cowbell proponent but I do think it helps us get pretty damn loud, and would take away from our atmosphere without it.
    Last edited by Shake 'n Bake; 11-07-2017 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    You start knocking out their traditions, they?re coming for ours. Not a huge cowbell proponent but I do think it helps us get pretty damn loud, and would take away from our atmosphere without it.
    I'd gladly give away cowbells for a more balanced conference

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    This was my initial thought and they will definitely come for them but I think the SEC likes MSU having the cowbells. It separates us in our own way and everyone loves calling us Moo State so I think our bells are safe.

vCash
    I'll give them night games when we go back to SEC double headers on Saturday for baseball (not that LSU is keeping that from happening). That was our way to have an advantage with the crowds, just like night games are their advantage for crowds in football. Having to play Fr, Sat, Sun has hurt our attendance and affects our crowds probably more than anyone for the weekend, due to small local population.

vCash
    So because they played at night first, they deserve all the advantages that come with playing at night while everyone else compensates?

Finders keepers losers weepers?

Just because Bama won at football before others, they deserve to win forever?

Just because Bama & Tenn used to be the SEC's best rivalry, now we should hold onto it & hold back the advancement of he conference?

I would say that these programs have benefited greatly for numerous years due to the tradition & "getting a head start" but in an era where everyone is investing huge money, building top notch facilities, & doing everything in their power to compete, it's time to let some of this stuff go in the name of building a more fair, level, more competitive conference
    Well....I kind of look at it like I do cowbells.

vCash
    I'd gladly give away cowbells for a more balanced conference
    And you think making LSU play a few day games will do that? It's their tradition, they should be able to keep it.

vCash
    So MSU fans are the only ones that can complain about 11 am starts?