Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stingray vs Brandon Walker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He has no real ties with us though. He does have real ones to Alabama.

If ties determined fanhood we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the Bama fans we have in North MS or the LSU fans in the South.
    It would be great but sadly isn't reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    If ties determined fanhood we wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the Bama fans we have in North MS or the LSU fans in the South.
    It would be great but sadly isn't reality.
    He actually WENT to Bama.

vCash
    Honestly, this really rubs me the wrong way and I will encourage everyone I know to stop following Walker. His treating Stingray like shit looks absolutely horrible for our fanbase and isn't something decent people do. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, this isn't that. This simply isn't how we treat our own, that's not what this fanbase is about.

Make fun of Stingray but know you're being assholes. The guy is passionate about State and frankly there is no bad publicity unless you're doing something illegal or, well, being an asshole.
    Stingray just needs to head on down the road. That dude is hellbent on launching his youtube career. His act is just old- it isn't funny. It's sad really. I think I would like the Steven Ray guy as a person and would enjoy some brews with him, but i don't like Stingray. I will discourage any state fan from tuning into his stuff.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    I will discourage any state fan from tuning into his stuff.
    This is the correct answer. The guy is dumb, but who cares. We have way too many fans (grown ass men) who care what people think.

Banned
    vCash
    Honestly, this really rubs me the wrong way and I will encourage everyone I know to stop following Walker. His treating Stingray like shit looks absolutely horrible for our fanbase and isn't something decent people do. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, this isn't that. This simply isn't how we treat our own, that's not what this fanbase is about.

Make fun of Stingray but know you're being assholes. The guy is passionate about State and frankly there is no bad publicity unless you're doing something illegal or, well, being an asshole.
    I agree with this too. If you think he sucks, just don't watch his stuff. He's not reflective of anyone but himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Stingray just needs to head on down the road. That dude is hellbent on launching his youtube career. His act is just old- it isn't funny. It's sad really. I think I would like the Steven Ray guy as a person and would enjoy some brews with him, but i don't like Stingray. I will discourage any state fan from tuning into his stuff.

Yeah if you don't like him then don't watch. I personally don't watch any of his stuff, or YouTube content in general.

That doesn't make publicaly treating him that way ok. Walker is a piece of trash now in my book and doesn't represent what my university stands for. We as fans, or "family" if you like to throw that tag out there, shouldn't tolerate cannibalizing our own like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    I agree with this too. If you think he sucks, just don't watch his stuff. He's not reflective of anyone but himself.
    The point that Brandon and others are making is that this is going on a popular, nationally televised show where Tosh sets him up to make fun of him. Stingray hasn't even seen the real version of it where Tosh will rip him a new asshole outside of what they filmed together.
    Stingray thinks this is his big shot, but every other "Web Redemption" that they have on Tosh is just a joke where Tosh absolutely rips them a new asshole. And to have our school all over the video is just not a good look. Stingray was embarrassing at first, now it has taken it to a whole 'nother level of embarrassment.

vCash
    Anonymous = Stingray's mom

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Yeah if you don't like him then don't watch. I personally don't watch any of his stuff, or YouTube content in general.

That doesn't make publicaly treating him that way ok. Walker is a piece of trash now in my book and doesn't represent what my university stands for. We as fans, or "family" if you like to throw that tag out there, shouldn't tolerate cannibalizing our own like that.
    I think this is where people have a problem. Yea we are fans & family but if a member of the family or someone portraying to be a member of our family has the entire family looking bad or in a terrible light well yes speak on it. He's going to be on a nationally televised show representing MSU. So yes if he looks like an idiot & a hick then people are going to stereotype MSU fans as such if they don't know anything about MSU. I understand what Brandon was saying. I wouldn't use that method but agree with his message.

vCash
    He's not reflective of anyone but himself.
    Really?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think this is where people have a problem. Yea we are fans & family but if a member of the family or someone portraying to be a member of our family has the entire family looking bad or in a terrible light well yes speak on it. He's going to be on a nationally televised show representing MSU. So yes if he looks like an idiot & a hick then people are going to stereotype MSU fans as such if they don't know anything about MSU. I understand what Brandon was saying. I wouldn't use that method but agree with his message.
    This^^^

vCash
    I'm actually not sure Tosh will make fun of him all that much, he really really hates Nick Saban. If it were any other week I would maybe worry a little more.

But again, in the grand scheme it's still putting the brand out there so people hear it, which doesn't happen nearly enough.

vCash
    Eh...I think he's embarrassing himself but is he really changing anyone's thoughts about state? If they had an over the top stereotypical coonass on as an LSU fan it wouldn't suddenly make me think all LSU fans are like that. And like someone else said, outside of the south they'll just be making fun of any ol southerner

vCash
    But again, in the grand scheme it's still putting the brand out there so people hear it, which doesn't happen nearly enough.
    I want guys like Dak Prescott, Fletcher Cox, Dan Mullen speaking for "our" brand, as it relates to athletics. Then there's the exposure we got with the girls defeating UConn...that's brand for you. On the academic side, we've got plenty of research and educational advancements and alumni that push our brand.

What we don't need are over-the-top youtube "ceWEBrities" that push a southern stereotype not reflective of the overall Mississippi State University community and family.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    And to have our school all over the video is just not a good look.
    When someone says or types this phrase, it's like an alarm goes off, showing that world that you care what others say about you, more than what you think about you.

Good luck tonight. Hope Stingray doesn't embarrass you too much.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Eh...I think he's embarrassing himself but is he really changing anyone's thoughts about state?
    of course not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Anonymous = Stingray's mom
    Look out! You'll have the guys at Genespage slapping their knees for days with that one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I want guys like Dak Prescott, Fletcher Cox, Dan Mullen speaking for "our" brand, as it relates to athletics. Then there's the exposure we got with the girls defeating UConn...that's brand for you. On the academic side, we've got plenty of research and educational advancements and alumni that push our brand.

What we don't need are over-the-top youtube "ceWEBrities" that push a southern stereotype not reflective of the overall Mississippi State University community and family.

You need all of the above.

The sad truth is that nobody thinks of research when they think of Mississippi. Our pro athletes do a phenomenal job, yet most of the country couldn't tell you which ones came from State and which ones came from OM.

Perception doesn't matter if they don't hear the name enough to know who we are.

vCash
    When someone says or types this phrase, it's like an alarm goes off, showing that world that you care what others say about you, more than what you think about you.

Good luck tonight. Hope Stingray doesn't embarrass you too much.
    Don't be such a *****, Goat

vCash
    Who gives a **** it's the Tosh.0 show ... Tosh rips Bama fans all the time and he has had his share on red neck bammers on his show.
    IF our PR dept and media would worry more about calling out the national media ( Finbaum ) and local media who hurt us 10x more than Stingray. Hell it was the Finbaum show that made this nobody into a somebody.