Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The odds we beat Bama

vCash

Lightbulb The odds we beat Bama

Am I alone in thinking that there?s a chance we can win? 17-14 MSU! Ok I said it....

vCash
    #WEBELIEVE

vCash
    ESPN (FPI) says 18.2% chance of winning.

vCash
    34-13 Bama. Somehow we score a TD, maybe defense or ST. Then we win our last 2 easily to become 9-3.

vCash
    I think if we beat bama, Bama fans will not be offended that they lost, they will be offended because we did not storm the field.

vCash
    13-3 Dawgs bring it home.

“You can’t have no in your heart” -Joe Dirt

vCash
    I'll say this.

I don't think we win due to lack of WRs but I do think this will be the best gameplan Mullen has yet to put together against Bama.

Here is why:

1. Never has Mullen had a team in which he so clearly knows what they can and cannot do.

2. Bama injuries, while being replaced by 5 stars, affects their ability to interchanged players and matchup with what ever you are doing to them. In the past, if you do a few good things vs Bama, they just change their personnel on a dime to match you. Not sure they can do that with their injuries.

3. This is the best combination of OL and DL play that we've had in years.

4. Best D.C. we have had in Mullen era

vCash
    I?ll give us one percentage point for every bammer in the stadium with a college degree from Alabama.

vCash
    Have to beat the refs and bama. Won?t happen.

vCash
    Mathematically, since there are only two outcomes a W or an L, the odds are 50/50.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Infinity/1

vCash
    Realistically we have a tough road to hoe Saturday. It?s gonna be tough to beat them as always. We will have to play a perfect game and then some. I have hope because we are an extremely physical football team on both los. What the heck,I?m going all in though. Fitz channels his inner John Bond, the defense plays their best game of the year and we win 6-3.

vCash
    I think we need to score around 25 to have a chance to win. If we make all of our plays, we have a chance. No way to win with receivers dropping passes, linemen and running backs missing blocks, and defenders missing tackles. We can win if we play at the highest level. We're not going to win it by luck though.

vCash
    Mullen is going to have to throw everything at them this game. We need Fitz to play his best game of his life and some receivers to step up and make some plays. The defense needs to bring Hell and cause some turnovers. Being at home at night will help matters greatly. If we can keep it close then the crowd could help.

vCash
    I give us a 0.00000000% chance. So none. I'm saying there ISN'T a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Mathematically, since there are only two outcomes a W or an L, the odds are 50/50.
    Um no. This isn't a coin.......

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial Hail State View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that there?s a chance we can win? 17-14 MSU! Ok I said it....
    Nope. I give us a 51% chance to shock the elephants. How much of a chance would anyone have given Syracuse vs Clemson??? Mullen is due

Banned
    vCash
    31-10 Bama

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't think it is likely because of our lack of ability to throw the ball consistently.

However, I don't think it's impossible. Bama has a lot of defensive starters out for the game, and has had below average (for them) offensive line play all season. Also, they really haven't played a good opponent yet on the road.

They didn't run the ball well on LSU, and we can do the same to them. Simmons is the best player on the field, and they will have trouble with him if they try to go one on one. If they turn the ball over once or twice on their side of the field things could get really interesting. Stranger things have happened

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial Hail State View Post
    I'd say 15% chance