Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Danielson: "This game reminds me of the State-Bama last year"

vCash

Gary Danielson: "This game reminds me of the State-Bama last year"

when talking to Brando this morning...said OM might be able to hang in with good QB play- but this game closely resembles ours last year with the lead up....Brando tried to say that Treadwell reminded him of Evans from A&M- and Danielson said in size only- not in strength or experience.

Glad to see Danielson not try to hype but tell it like it is
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    It really is common sense, for anyone who knows football.

vCash
    Have people already forgotten that OM was a fluke play from losing to Vanderbilt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Have people already forgotten that OM was a fluke play from losing to Vanderbilt?
    To answer your question in simplicity, yes, absolutely.

vCash
    Why yes, yes they have forgotten that OM was a fluke play away from losing to Vandy. The Vandy team that was down 28-0 to SC in the 1st half.

vCash
    Question:

Is the 2013 Texas team > or < than the 2012 Tennessee team?

vCash
    OM has not played a complete game this year. Throw out SEMO. They came out othe gate quick against Vandy and Texas, but bogged down the rest of the first half. Second half made adjustments and took control back.

Sorry, but you can't do that against the best team in college football and the best coach in college football. Bama will route them if that happens.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    No. Most people cannot see through the smoke and fluff. They've shown they can only go as far as Wallace will take them, and their 2's can't even score on one of the worst FCS defenses in college. SEMO would get demolished by Jucos and probably some of the elite high school teams.

Brando is one of the most delusional analysts out there. He has been way over the top about OM all preseason and year.

OM may be able to score a few points, but their defense will not be able to stop Bama. Only way Bama loses this games is lose turnover battle by 4 or more and have 2 of those turnovers get returned for TDs. Comparing OM's offense to A&M is like comparing an air pistol to a Glock 30, .45 cal. OM can be forced into one dimension very easy. Take away short passes or running game. Deep passing game is non existent.

Saban will get a comfy lead and call off the dogs, while Hugh will keep offense full bore looking for a Moral Victory. What people forget about last year to this year, is everyone having a year to prep for Bucky. Also, teams aren't lookin at the OM game as a glorofied scrimmage this year. Alabama players last year looked aggravated that they even had to play the game against OM last year. Does anyone remember when Bama scored any of their TD's? There was 0.00000 celebration. The players all had the "Is this shit over yet" look the entire game.

We see what happened when they played a hyped up game against an undefeated #11 team and a #1 Norte Dame. Episode 3 wil air Saturday evening. Set your DVRs.

vCash
    According to that guy on "Home Cooking" the Bears have better players than Bama at every position except maybe LB.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Question:

Are you factoring in that one of their best players in the most important position did not play in Austin last week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Are you factoring in that one of their best players in the most important position did not play in Austin last week?
    Actually texas' best 2 offensive players didnt play. Ash and daje Johnson

vCash
    Question:

Tennessee was good when we beat them. They melted down later in the season and quit on their coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    when talking to Brando this morning...said OM might be able to hang in with good QB play- but this game closely resembles ours last year with the lead up....Brando tried to say that Treadwell reminded him of Evans from A&M- and Danielson said in size only- not in strength or experience.

Glad to see Danielson not try to hype but tell it like it is
    Boy, I bet Brando took issue with that comparison. I mean how dare Danielson compare the paper tiger that was MSU last year to mighty juggernaut of a team that OM has this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Boy, I bet Brando took issue with that comparison. I mean how dare Danielson compare the paper tiger that was MSU last year to mighty juggernaut of a team that OM has this year.
    yeah, he was kind of surprised

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I posted about this a few days after that Vandy game.

It's crazy how perception works. If the Vandy DBs don't inexplicably lose containment on the edge at the wrong time, everyone's talking about how Bama is going to roll in this game... Actually, nobody's even talking about this game at all. Instead, the media is pimping UM like crazy. What's the difference between this game being all over the news and being an afterthought? A blown assignment on one play by a Vandy player.

Texas is shit, and everyone knows it. Out of the 15+ years Mac Brown has been there, UM could not have picked a better, more convenient week to play them. I'm not saying it was a bad thing that they beat Texas, but that game loses a lot of the "impressed" factor for me, given the circumstances.

UM will probably hang with Bama early like they did last year, but I'd be shocked if they won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    It seems to me that Tim Brando is to UM what Lou Holtz is to Notre Dame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    A blown assignment on one play by a Vandy player.
    and one hell of a hold by OM that didn't get called

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    Yeah, that too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    And a block-in-the-back and the rest of the Vandy D stopping rather than pursuing because they assumed Scott was OB.

vCash
    Quick question and this is all I'm concerned with in this game. Piss on ole miss and bama.. But do you think bama covers the spread?