Thread: For those that hunt, what camo do you wear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    For me, it is less about the actual ?camo? as the gear aspect of the clothing system. It has to be performance fabric - not cotton. I am a run and gun hunter here in North AL, primarily in the mountains, but also spend lots of time on small rivers and stream in the yak getting to my spots. I also hunt out west for elk and other species.

I only want one set of gear, so my system has be adaptale to all those situations, and it has to be packable. I chose First Lite first on the reccomendation of Steve Rinella, and then after speaking at length to their product folks in MT two years ago, went all in.

The FL system is completely layerable, and is sized as such....so if you wear a medium, buy medium in everyting and they will fit together in the layering system.

If your primary style of hunting is to sit in a box blind, they have something for you as well. The Sanctuary or Woodbury jackets and bibs are the warmest I have ever worn, and are 100% worth every penny.

They have multiple sales throughout the year, so when you get started dont get turned off by the sticker shock. It is pricey, but worth it. I have embraced the buy-once, cry-once mentality....and since I spend so much time hunting the backcounty solo, my gear needs to keep me alive should something happen.

Regarding the camo, both the Fusion and Cipher patterns they have are awesome. I have pretty much converted all my stuff to Fusion, but also have an ASAT set as well. I also have some pine colored items for normal wearing (puffy, rain jacket).

I am happy to provide specific reccomendations on their gear if you have questions on a specific item - I have it and can take photos - or be willing to put together my reccomendations on a set from them for your type of hunting.
    Last edited by SapperDawg; 11-04-2017 at 09:57 AM.