Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zek Elliott

vCash

Zek Elliott

Now he will play Sunday. This is getting ridiculous. What will end up happening is the suspension will end up being upheld and zek will be out for the first round of the playoffs. This will result in Dallas being eliminated

vCash
    But if they suspended him now they most likely wouldn't even make the playoffs. So it doesn't really matter. But they've lost 3 games already ... might not make the playoffs anyway unless the defense starts playing better.

vCash
    Actually zeke May have a way out of a playoff suspension. The original suspension says ?6 regular season games?. So the nfl may have screwed up wording it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    But if they suspended him now they most likely wouldn't even make the playoffs. So it doesn't really matter. But they've lost 3 games already ... might not make the playoffs anyway unless the defense starts playing better.
    I could not care less if they makes the playoffs or not... saints fan here. It is just stupid to say he will not play and 2 days later he will. Suspend him or don?t

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Now he will play Sunday. This is getting ridiculous. What will end up happening is the suspension will end up being upheld and zek will be out for the first round of the playoffs. This will result in Dallas being eliminated
    So you would admit to be a man that hit a woman even if you didn’t do it?

I get the frustration, but somethings are bigger than football. The law didn’t find Elliott guilty, so why should Roger Goodell have the right to label Elliott something the law could not prove?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I get the frustration, but somethings are bigger than football. The law didn’t find Elliott guilty, so why should Roger Goodell have the right to label Elliott something the law could not prove?
    If he is innocent, I hope he gets away with it. If it comes out he?s guilty though after all this, I hope the expand the suspension

vCash
    If he is innocent, I hope he gets away with it. If it comes out he?s guilty though after all this, I hope the expand the suspension
    I can agree with this.

vCash
    Agree completely!

vCash
    This doesn't compare with the Houston player though ... he made some sort of gesture toward the Japanese Dodger (which I didn't think was all that bad, but my opinion's worthless), so he gets suspended ... next year.

If what he did was so bad to warrant suspension, why not suspend him for the rest of the Series instead of waiting until next year? Made no sense.

vCash

Yeah, exactly.

vCash
    What's ridiculous is Goodell's blatant abuse of power in doggedly pursuing punishment for an individual who as of this point in time has done nothing wrong as far as the justice system is concerned. The fact that his career is in no danger over this farce demonstrates that he's gained far too much power within the organization, and unjust incidents like these are only going to get more frequent as pushing the narrative becomes more important than the truth.

vCash
    No idea who to believe, but she is bruised up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2721641

Seems zek might should have been charged for punching a man before, but did not

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/07/17/ezekiel...ight-incident/

Maybe both incidents are just people making stuff up on zek, but I am a believer of where there is smoke...

vCash

Maybe both incidents are just people making stuff up on zek, but I am a believer of where there is smoke...
    Possibly, but where there is money...

vCash

I'm not saying there's no chance he did it, but he's innocent until proven guilty as far as the legal system is concerned. Violating that principle to pursue punishment sets a dangerous precedent for the NFL, making it the norm to punish players who they simply "think" did something, or even worse, who they "want" to have done something. If Goodell and the NFL are dead set on punishing him, then they should have gotten behind the police investigation and based their actions on the results of following that all the way through. As it stands now, it's an abuse of power and an injustice to Elliot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    What's ridiculous is Goodell's blatant abuse of power in doggedly pursuing punishment for an individual who as of this point in time has done nothing wrong as far as the justice system is concerned. The fact that his career is in no danger over this farce demonstrates that he's gained far too much power within the organization, and unjust incidents like these are only going to get more frequent as pushing the narrative becomes more important than the truth.
    Goodell is an idiot and needs to go.

vCash
    So you would admit to be a man that hit a woman even if you didn?t do it?

I get the frustration, but somethings are bigger than football. The law didn?t find Elliott guilty, so why should Roger Goodell have the right to label Elliott something the law could not prove?
    WTF are you talking about? He didn't hit the woman. Two different police agencies threw the case out due to no evidence he hit her. The NFL investigator to Godell a former DA even said the witness wasn't credible. This is al Goodell throwing around power over the judicial system.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 11-03-2017 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    WTF are you talking about. He didn't hit the woman. Two different police agencies threw the case out due to no evidence he hit her. The NFL investigator to Godell a former DA even said the witness wasn't credible. This is al Goodell throwing around power over the judicial system.
    Uh, can you read?

I agree with you & this is thus why he is not accepting the suspension.

We need to institute an Elitedawgs reading comprehension test on here

vCash
    According to this article, Goodell just did what some of the owners wanted...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-zeke-elliott/

What are the 3 incidents the nfl mentioned in zek?s letter? Could turn out there is not enough evidence to hold up the suspension, but you will never convince me zek is just the victim

vCash
    Uh, can you read?

I agree with you & this is thus why he is not accepting the suspension.

We need to institute an Elitedawgs reading comprehension test on here
    I think he meant to respond to 7's post.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm a Cowboy fan and generally I say that this whole case stinks. Jerry and the cops say there is no credible evidence Zeke beat this woman and it was all a charade to get money. I believe that at this point, Goodell and the NFL should never impos a suspension based solely on an accusation. Innocent until proven guilty and no eveidnece otherwise. Now Ray Rice knocking his wife out on video, HE GONE! And if Zeke is proven guilty of beating his GF, then **** him and he's gone