Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Early Game Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Early Game Edition

Another bloody mary game but I'll take the extra rest the week before Bama. No plans yet this weekend and honestly its looking uneventful at our house.

vCash
    BD Jr. is up the road in Liberty County for our last regular season game against Bradwell Institute. The W Girl is out for a girls night. So I went and picked up a giant t-bone and some fresh shrimp for a little surf and turf. Just pan broiled the t-bone with Montreal seasoning, and saut?ed the shrimp with jerk seasoning. Finished with a nice hand rolled Cuban seed and some Bulliet neat. Settled in and watching The Hateful Eight. Not a bad evening.

vCash
    That's a winner right there Brunswick

vCash
    Lazy day watching football. Actually did something I?ve never done before - wings. Cut them up myself. Seasoned with some special chicken seasoning from my favorite BBQ joint. 25 minutes on the Weber before saucing half in mild and half in regular Frank?s wing sauce. A little Mac and cheese to go with. Settling in for Ogre vs. The Sith.

vCash
    What Weber do you have? Been thinking about getting one. I have done absolutely zero cooking this weekend. I’ll get back next weekend. Those wings look good

vCash
    Boudin and brown sugar sausage from Ronnie?s, Oysters from the Pass and doves from the Delta for lunch today all on the grill. Stuck a doe this afternoon, so probably some fresh backstrap on the grill tomorrow.

vCash
    Made chicken enchiladas tonight. The wife has been asking for them for the past 2 weeks. Finally got around to whipping them up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    What Weber do you have? Been thinking about getting one. I have done absolutely zero cooking this weekend. I’ll get back next weekend. Those wings look good
    Ive got a 26? Original Kettle. I grew up grilling with my Dad on them, and you can?t beat them - especially with the ash dump/damper thing they have added. Besides being great to cook or smoke on, they are also indestructible. I?m on my 2nd one since 1996. No cover, never clean, replace my top rack about every 5 years. I?ll put anything I smoke on it up against an Egg all day, any day.

vCash
    Weekday bump for some deer sausage, fresh backstrap, roasted potatoes and black eye peas.