Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Dan's rationale was for...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    There is a part of me that would be just fine if Milton did transfer. We would have another scholarship available, still be three deep in experienced RB's, and have two capable freshman on the way.

Its not a slight, I just want to keep the cupboards full.
    Sorry no offense but this is terrible. Milton is way more talented than 50% of the roster. How about giving him a set package of 5-10 plays and have him practice them every day so he is very 17ing good at those 10 plays. Call it the Milton Set or whatever but I'd open my mind to new ideas before I'd let a talented player like Milton go. Maybe if he was being a 17 up off the field but he's caused ZERO PROBLEMS as far as we know. I'd even give him a shot at FB, slot WR/TE, LB, FS/SS before I cut him loose.

vCash
    Again, he needs a fair shot at RB before any of those things happen. It sucks but LP's reps need to decrease dramatically until he's healthy...he hasn't looked great.

As of now it should go like this

JRob
    Milton
    Shump/Griffin
    Perk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bocfarm View Post
    Again, he needs a fair shot at RB before any of those things happen. It sucks but LP's reps need to decrease dramatically until he's healthy...he hasn't looked great.

JRob
    Milton
    Shump/Griffin
    Perk
    With you...

vCash

JRob
    Milton
    Shump/Griffin
    Perk
    Agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Sorry no offense but this is terrible. Milton is way more talented than 50% of the roster. How about giving him a set package of 5-10 plays and have him practice them every day so he is very 17ing good at those 10 plays. Call it the Milton Set or whatever but I'd open my mind to new ideas before I'd let a talented player like Milton go. Maybe if he was being a 17 up off the field but he's caused ZERO PROBLEMS as far as we know. I'd even give him a shot at FB, slot WR/TE, LB, FS/SS before I cut him loose.
    We only have so much time to practice- we dont have time to structure practices for each player to only practice certain plays.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We only have so much time to practice- we dont have time to structure practices for each player to only practice certain plays.
    Then give him the plays to practice on his own. Not mandatory

vCash
    Then give him the plays to practice on his own. Not mandatory
    I dont think Milton's problem is not knowing the plays- it's fumbling and the fact that Perk and JRob are better than him.

vCash
    I dont think Milton's problem is not knowing the plays- it's fumbling and the fact that Perk and JRob are better than him.
    Sorry but I disagree on Perk...when healthy he can be a huge threat but he's never been one to break tackles so when you take his speed away he's below ave

vCash
    Milton played a lot late last week but really looked good,

vCash
    Since everyone agrees that all our backs "look good," why don't we take a second to actually give our O-line some love for once.

vCash
    Sorry but I disagree on Perk...when healthy he can be a huge threat but he's never been one to break tackles so when you take his speed away he's below ave
    Well, the NFL is planning to draft Perkins- they arent going to draft Milton

vCash
    Well, the NFL is planning to draft Perkins- they arent going to draft Milton
    Maybe, but their not drafting him based off this season bc he's hurt and hasn't looked good.

29 carries for 109yrds (3.8 ave) zero TD's
    Last edited by bocfarm; 09-26-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    He gets in the game with a full playbook. I'm talking about his own mini mini playbook of only 10 plays designed just for him. Use him as a weapon. The feature player for those 10 plays. What can it hurt? It's not like any defense is focused on him when he's in the game. This is 50/50 passes to him and running plays. Just an idea.

vCash
    He gets in the game with a full playbook. I'm talking about his own mini mini playbook of only 10 plays designed just for him. Use him as a weapon. The feature player for those 10 plays. What can it hurt? It's not like any defense is focused on him when he's in the game. This is 50/50 passes to him and running plays. Just an idea.
    A) you have to run a play in practice at least 15 times in practice before you use it in a game- so you are talking about 150 practice reps for your 3rd string TB. That's not even remotely feasible. There are limits on practice time- you can't have 100 plays to run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    With the NFL's three year rule, If I had a kid that could be gone in three (Chris Jones) I would not red shirt them. You are giving a year away.
    Exactly why Saban rarely redshirts

vCash
    I don't understand the lack of respect for Milton. When he touches the ball he makes good things happen except for the what one fumble he had? He is a Vick Ballard clone to me. Not just the number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    With the NFL's three year rule, If I had a kid that could be gone in three (Chris Jones) I would not red shirt them. You are giving a year away.
    If a player is good enough to leave after 3 years, I think they should be good enough to get significant playing their freshman year. Shump may still do it, but I don't see it yet. Gurley and yeldon got big time playing time with big time rb's already on the roster. Shump has only shown glimpses of potentional and saying he'll leave for nfl after 3 is premature. Chris jones on the other hand is definitely deserving of the hype
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-27-2013 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    Guys, everyone is preaching to the choir here.

Milton is a good RB, and no one has suggested our depth at RB is a bad thing.

A couple have suggested it wouldn't be devastating if he transferred; no one has said we should cut him or that we're better off if he leaves, just that our depth can handle it, and we're constantly bringing in more RBs.

vCash
    if he was that close to Ballard he would be starting, but I'm not totally disagreeing with you. He seems to be our largest RB and in theory, would be better between the tackles than LP- but that just speaks to the talent of J Rob imo

vCash
    Why do people think Shumpert is a 3 year guy? That's a little ridiculous at this point