Thread: Anybody heard anything about #27's ankle?

vCash

Anybody heard anything about #27's ankle?

We really need to get Ladarius healthy and more involved in the offense. Robinson, Griffin, Shump, Milton and Dak have all done a good job with the run game, but Perkins is our best offensive player IMO.

vCash
    I was watching the Relf videos I posted a little while ago where he was hitting LDP on those short passes... I've come to the conclusion that I don't think he's quite what he used to be....

vCash
    The off week couldnt have come at a better time for him- but with him re-injuring it like he did- it would probably be best if we sat him out vs LSU. LDP at 85% is not one of our 2 best RB's. He needs to get well and not make this a year long injury.

Dak and JRob are going to get most of the carries anyway- let them handle it. Work Shump and Griff in there some too.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    He hasn't looked right all year to me. But if he is at least 85% you have to give it a go. Maybe not as many reps.
    We have BG the following week and another week off to get better.
    But yeah more reps for the other guys no matter what LP status is.
    We have to run the ball effectively against LSU..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    I was watching the Relf videos I posted a little while ago where he was hitting LDP on those short passes... I've come to the conclusion that I don't think he's quite what he used to be....
    I think the biggest mistake with LP has been our coaching staff letting him bulk up to be something he isn't -- an every down back. I think he lost quickness without gaining much tackle-breaking ability. We've really jacked up our managing of LP. He should've been the most dynamic receiving rb in the sec. Instead he's a rb that can't break tackles and has lost a step from extra weight

vCash
    When LP is healthy he is just about the only RB involved in our offense. Running him between the tackles, Yay! I think LP is a outstanding player, but he is used incorrectly more times than not. They use him like a bruiser RB, which he is not.

vCash
    We are deep deep deep at RB. I'm not concerned. We are in good hands with J Rob. Shump and Milton can split the other carries.

Give 7 a couple carries. He is still trying to get his wheels back.

vCash
    I like playing multiple backs but I'd rather feed someone the rock, good RB's get better with more carries. Always has and always will be the case. LP never fit that mold, need to get someone else going.

vCash
    It's a high ankle sprain that has been nagging him before but he reagrivated it. It will probably take 4 weeks to get 100% but being he is a Sr, I doubt he waits 4 weeks. IMO he will battle it all year long

vCash

i actually bumped into perk yesterday on campus...

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    It's a high ankle sprain that has been nagging him before but he reagrivated it. It will probably take 4 weeks to get 100% but being he is a Sr, I doubt he waits 4 weeks. IMO he will battle it all year long
    he's still in a boot and said he would be ready for the LSU game... I didn't ask for him to elaborate, but he didn't look to limber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Merica Dawg View Post
    he's still in a boot and said he would be ready for the LSU game... I didn't ask for him to elaborate, but he didn't look to limber.
    That would be just like status quo coaching, and have a hobblin LDP playing over a stable of hungry studs.. smdh...

vCash

How much would Griffin need to bulk up to play Fullback?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The off week couldnt have come at a better time for him- but with him re-injuring it like he did- it would probably be best if we sat him out vs LSU. LDP at 85% is not one of our 2 best RB's. He needs to get well and not make this a year long injury.

Dak and JRob are going to get most of the carries anyway- let them handle it. Work Shump and Griff in there some too.
    I remember one play on Sat that Griffin took out 2 guys throwing a block. He could be another Justin Griffith if he dedicated to Fullback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Merica Dawg View Post
    Yep, that's the concern that he will be ready but ineffective. A slower version of LDP doesn't do our offense much good. He needs to get healed up so that he can help us. JRob, Milton and Shump at 100% will be much more effective against LSU than trying to play LDP at 3/4 of his normal speed.

vCash
    One of the worst things to happen to a Sr RB is THAT injury. I hate it for him, it will nag him ALL YEAR!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think the biggest mistake with LP has been our coaching staff letting him bulk up to be something he isn't -- an every down back. I think he lost quickness without gaining much tackle-breaking ability. We've really jacked up our managing of LP. He should've been the most dynamic receiving rb in the sec. Instead he's a rb that can't break tackles and has lost a step from extra weight
    ^^THIS^^

vCash
    And just to throw it out there, I still miss Vick Ballard. We still don't have a RB that I feel like at any time might bust through the line and go all the way. I DID feel that Ballard might do that. Still have the image of those 2 long runs for TDs he stuck on Wake Forest in the MCB to close out his career. When LDP does break loose he still usually gets caught from behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Bingo. Every word of this. Spot f'n on.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And just to throw it out there, I still miss Vick Ballard. We still don't have a RB that I feel like at any time might bust through the line and go all the way. I DID feel that Ballard might do that. Still have the image of those 2 long runs for TDs he stuck on Wake Forest in the MCB to close out his career. When LDP does break loose he still usually gets caught from behind.
    If we gave some of our backs not named LP multiple carries in a row, they could probably break one. However, you rarely see a RB come in for one carry per quarter and bust a long TD run. JRob did a 20 yard version of that against Troy, but he needs more carries and we will see more of that.

vCash
    ^^^^THIS^^^^^^^