Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete Rousell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    I could be wrong, but didn't Rousell play football at OM and isn't his office in Oxford?
    Office Yes, not sure if he played there but he is a big Reb fan

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    I could be wrong, but didn't Rousell play football at OM and isn't his office in Oxford?
    He didn't play ball at Ole Miss but attended Ole Miss and was on the staff at one point. Yes, he's a homer. He's also not a "reporter." He is a guy with a website who publishes shit on it, from an office in Oxford. And someone correctly noted he is good friends with the Mannings, as he attended and played football at Newman.
    Last edited by Wrinkled Slab; 09-26-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Banned
    vCash

Not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Vandy had there way with OM DL so I think Bama will run the hell out of the ball then play action there ass deep with Cooper.
    why you think this? Here are Vandy's rushing stats from the Ole Miss and South Carolina games. Guess which is which:

33 carries for 126 yards (3.8 ypc)
    33 carries for 121 yards (3.7 ypc)

I'm not saying Ole Miss is the 85 Bears, but we are allowing 3.1 ypc (3rd in the SEC) while Bama is running the ball for only 4.1 ypc (13th in the SEC) despite having had the benefit of playing the by-far-worst run defense in the SEC in A&M (allowing 5.9 ypc, 1.2 yards/carry more than #13 Auburn, against SMU, Sam Houston State, Rice, and Bama) and CSU. Last season, I think Ole Miss was the only team to hold Bama under 4 ypc. They are, of course, down 3 All American OL and a 2nd round pick RB from last year's team, so I'd be surprised if they ran it down our throat. But you could be right and that's why they play the games, as they say.

Nonetheless, as an Ole Miss fan, I'm more worried about McCarron/Cooper/Norwood/Howard.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I think Edwards dad went to state and his brother to Texas A&M. Unless he has another brother that went to OM I'm not sure. Rousell lets his bias get in the way of his reporting evident by his comments today that everyone has run on Bama and OM will do the same.
    I'm a Rebel fan and I expect to lose this game. However, Roussell is not a "reporter." He is a guy with a website. I wouldn't bother getting upset about his bias. However, Brad Edwards is a professional reporter and graduated from Alabama. Whether his opinion is biased or not, I don't know, but I would think you'd consider that, if you're going to rail on an amateur like Roussell.

Brad does have a brother who went to Ole Miss and lives in Oxford. Not really relevant, but that's the fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turner Center All Star View Post

Nonetheless, as an Ole Miss fan, I'm more worried about McCarron/Cooper/Norwood/Howard.
    yep- huge mismatch here
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Coach, Can we please ban these OM posters? I really don't want to hear their opinion on this board. This is an MSU board. If we want OM analysis, then we know where to find it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Coach, Can we please ban these OM posters? I really don't want to hear their opinion on this board. This is an MSU board. If we want OM analysis, then we know where to find it.
    My opinion? I thought I was clarifying/confirming Roussell's situation and noting that Brad Edwards is a Tide grad. Is it opinions you fear, or the facts themselves?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkled Slab View Post
    My opinion? I thought I was clarifying/confirming Roussell's situation and noting that Brad Edwards is a Tide grad. Is it opinions you fear, or the facts themselves?
    Sorry, I apologize for associating you with Turner Center, but I honestly don't care to hear about anything you have to say.

vCash
    I'm gonna allow these two a little longer. We can handle straight facts and a little discussion- but when it turns into trolling or any kind of nanny nanny boo boo shit- they are gone immediately.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm gonna allow these two a little longer. We can handle straight facts and a little discussion- but when it turns into trolling or any kind of nanny nanny boo boo shit- they are gone immediately.
    Here's my problem....

When you ONLY post on a MSU board when you are trying to defend your Rebels, your ass needs to go. I'm with SHotgun on this one. If these two wanted to discuss all topics on this board and be a part of the community...fine. But dont just sit there and troll all day, and then jump in defense of your Rebels as your only posts.

You notice how quickly that thread ended though once those two clowns jumped in to defend. Most MSU fans (or me anyway), absolutely just get put out as soon as we see all the Rebels jumping to defense in a thread, and the thread dies. Maybe it's from dealing with all of these turds in every single damn thread on SPS for the last few years.

But it's not my board, so you guys do whatever you want. Just my two cents