Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, was McCann right for stepping up to Gomez after he pimped the HR tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yea, but that doesn't change who started the shit. If he hadn't pimped the homerun and started staring and yapping, nobody would have said a word to him. Why the hell would anybody say anything to him if he just hit a homerun?
    It doesn't matter who started what- all it takes is for someone to take something the wrong way to start something. It turns out that Maholm hit Gomez in a game in Milwaukee. Then there's the part that the video didn't show- Gomez and McCann talking before the at bat started.

McCann seems like kind of a hot head to me- this is at least the second time this year he has done something like this. Not saying he started it or anything else- but he was definitely looking for a fight.

vCash
    Watched it, it seems Gomez was watching the ball. Yeah he pimped it, but no more than the majority in mlb does. Once he started his trot it seemed Maholm said something and Gomez barked back. Then, before he gets to the bag, you can see Freeman jawing at him, Gomez doesn't come back at him until he's past the bag. McCann, well we all know what he did.

Yes, Freeman and McCann acted like bitches. If I was calling that game, McCann would be tossed before anything else, Johnson also, of course.

If a guy pimps a shot against you, you either bean him his next ab, hit the next guy up. Some would hit their pitcher or their best player but that's usually reserved for retaliation of a dirty play. You don't run your mouth or block his path to the plate because he just hit a pissrod off you.

If you listen after the "brawl" was broken up, the announcers talk about who was jawing at who

vCash
    Maholm and McCann...A Bulldog and the son of a Bulldog. Brian McCann never went to college but in high school he signed a letter to play at Alabama. Amazing how we always lose legacy players.

vCash
    http://youtu.be/VMGwh5I6Ogg

I say hell yes. What a douche Gomez is. I wish McCann would have just knocked his dumb ass out right before he touched home plate
    Absolutely!!! That was all on Gomez running his mouth at Maholm the second after he quit posing....Maholm should go head hunting next time he sees him

vCash
    Just my .02's.....

Gomez has a history of being a wild egotistic prick. He has always been a ticking time bomb wherever he has played. I think what he did pre at bat with the stare down warranted a ball to the ribs. Then he continues that once he begins his ab. As he was "running" to first he acted like a 2 yr old. I think he definitely had it coming , especially after he continued to run his mouth all the way around.

Bmac shoulda body slammed him on the spot. Every baseball talking head I have seen has pretty much sided with McCann

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully99 View Post
    Maholm and McCann...A Bulldog and the son of a Bulldog. Brian McCann never went to college but in high school he signed a letter to play at Alabama. Amazing how we always lose legacy players.
    I thought he committed to Georgia when Polk was there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    Watched it, it seems Gomez was watching the ball. Yeah he pimped it, but no more than the majority in mlb does. Once he started his trot it seemed Maholm said something and Gomez barked back. Then, before he gets to the bag, you can see Freeman jawing at him, Gomez doesn't come back at him until he's past the bag. McCann, well we all know what he did.

Yes, Freeman and McCann acted like bitches.
    That's what you took from that? First, yes, that was far more than a normal 'pimp'. He was doing it to purposefully try to send a message. And McCann is the one that yelled at him, Maholm never said a thing. McCann just told him to move, same as pretty much any catcher in the majors would do if an opposing hitter did that. Then Gomez started screaming at Maholm, and Freeman came back at him.

I don't see how Freeman and McCann acted like anything other than baseball players.

It's not as though either one of them has a history of being hot-headed. They're both extremely even-keeled guys, so if you get either one of them on you like that, you're probably being a dick.
    Last edited by smootness; 09-25-2013 at 11:29 PM.

vCash
    Hell yeah. Gomez even admitted afterwards that if he was McCann he would have done the same thing.

vCash
    Todd that was Brian's older brother Brad...he signed to play for Ron Polk at Georgia but Polk left to come back to state and Brad went to a juco and then Clemson and became an all American. So we didn't get either one. Saw a story about Brian and family talked about signing with bama.

Banned
    vCash
    Did my earlier post not fall upon any ears. Maholm is the first bitch here for beaning Gonez twice. One in the knee. You hit me twice and I'm damn sure staring you down pre-AB. I then get my revenge and yolk one out, oh hell yes I'm pimpin that baby. You wanna start talking Paul, Freddie, Chris, and then McCann's bitch ass blocks my plate?

Im team Gomez 100% here. I also think beaning someone is a bitch move. Strike his ass out next time if you don't like him talking you yard.

vCash
    If you like the way Carlos Gomez handled himself, then you're an idiot. Even he doesn't agree with what he did.

If you want to say that hitting a HR, then pimping the heck out of it, then screaming at the opposing pitcher is the way to get back at someone, then it should be more than fine to yell at a guy doing that.

ETA: If you can explain to me what Freeman did to get kicked out of that game, I'd like to hear it.

vCash

I say hell yes. What a douche Gomez is. I wish McCann would have just knocked his dumb ass out right before he touched home plate
    I say they were both wrong.

I would not have pimped that HR in high school and McCann looked like he was in high school blocking the plate.

Gomez does come off as looking more bush league in claiming Maholm hit him on purpose when he was hit in the knee . Had Malholm planted one between his rib cage and kidney, he may have had a case that it was on purpose .

I can see why Mccann was upset for that unwarranted display. But come on man, there are better ways to get your point across without looking like a worm.
    Last edited by BdoginLa; 09-26-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

No. McCann looked like a little bitch that got punked. You never stop someone from completing a homerun. If I'm an opposing player, McCann gets knocked the **** out for disrespecting the game like that. At least let the guy touch the plate first. That's as Busch league as it gets, and why the braves lost my respect years ago. If you don't want someone pimping a homerun, dont leave a fat urine ball out over the plate. Freeman deserves an ass whoopin also. It's baseball, end of the season and the braves are going to post season. McCann, Malholm, and Freeman look like spoiled little bitches that need their asses handed to them. And if you say he was staring the pitcher down before he hit it, why wasn't he buzzed back? Maholm got punked before pitch, served one up, and was shown some yard work. He should shut the **** up. He got beat, so suck it up.

This is why this Braves team will not win. Let the small things get to them. McCann was wrong if you understand the game of baseball. Gomez should have cleaned his clock. Braves are Busch league and have been for the last 10-15 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No. McCann looked like a little bitch that got punked. You never stop someone from completing a homerun. If I'm an opposing player, McCann gets knocked the **** out for disrespecting the game like that. At least let the guy touch the plate first. That's as Busch league as it gets, and why the braves lost my respect years ago. If you don't want someone pimping a homerun, dont leave a fat urine ball out over the plate. Freeman deserves an ass whoopin also. It's baseball, end of the season and the braves are going to post season. McCann, Malholm, and Freeman look like spoiled little bitches that need their asses handed to them. And if you say he was staring the pitcher down before he hit it, why wasn't he buzzed back? Maholm got punked before pitch, served one up, and was shown some yard work. He should shut the **** up. He got beat, so suck it up.

This is why this Braves team will not win. Let the small things get to them. McCann was wrong if you understand the game of baseball. Gomez should have cleaned his clock. Braves are Busch league and have been for the last 10-15 years.
    Not to mention running the risk that some of their best players could get suspended for a game or so early in the playoffs. I doubt that will happen- but why even risk it?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    This wasn't even Bitch Boy McCann's first time he's reacted this way over a home run like that. He needs to double up on the Midol. Reference a HR from Marlins.

vCash
    Here is what I saw. Gomez pimped, You can't see Maholm's face (So if the people saying Maholm didn't say anything have XRay vision, don't say he didn't say anything). The announcers said he did, they had the angle and they were at the game. Gomez said something to Maholm while walking to 1st. When he finally went into his homerun trot. Thats when Freeman keyed up. He should have shut the hell up and hugged someone. Gomez talked shit back to Freeman. Gomez continued around 2nd and 3rd clearly his attention went back to Maholm. So I figure him and Maholm were talking shit to each other. (Braves 2nd, SS, 3rd basemen stayed out of it...great job guys) Gomez got about 2/3rds to home plate and realized Mccann is blocking him. The UMP is clearly telling Mccann to get out of the way. Mccann jaws with Gomez, and back and forth. Benches clear. Gomez's teammates grab him pulling him away. Reed Johnson comes and cold cocks him with Gomez's hands are down. Mccann and Reed Johnson clearly needed to be ejected and fined suspended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post

Yes, Freeman and McCann acted like bitches. If I was calling that game, McCann would be tossed before anything else, Johnson also, of course.

If a guy pimps a shot against you, you either bean him his next ab, hit the next guy up. Some would hit their pitcher or their best player but that's usually reserved for retaliation of a dirty play. You don't run your mouth or block his path to the plate because he just hit a pissrod off you.

If you listen after the "brawl" was broken up, the announcers talk about who was jawing at who
    Not so fast my friend!! Gomez had words with McCann during the at-bat like you said, Gomez hits the bomb stares down Maholm, BUT it was Gomez that started shit talking Maholm between home and first. Then Freddie got involved. If I was McCann, I would have been locking my sights on the next batter, not blocking the plate. Let Gomez do his thing, but his next at bat, he's taking one in the ear hole....then it's chin-checkin' time!!!

Banned
    vCash
    I don't watch much pro baseball, so I don't know the history between Gomez and the Braves. However, based on the video, this whole thing could have been avoided if Gomez had acted like a grown man and run the bases. Instead he stood there like some moron to say "look at me, I hit a homerun for a team that won't make the playoffs".

I've got a job and do it well everyday. I do it without acting a fool.

vCash
    Seems to me that one can jump on either side, depending on team loyalties. It is absolutely clear, however, that the Braves acted more in the spirit of baseball. Probably game him the ole "stop staring, run it out." Gomez was very demostrative with every exchange while trotting around. That kind of chatter probably happens on most homeruns. Seems that Gomez is more of a punk than most. Conclusion: Gomez is a punk bitch that many in the league don't respect.

Banned
    vCash
    A lot of this is the way some people think. Some folks must be clowns, idiots, egotistical morons, dancers, self-promoters, etc. Barry Sanders rushed for over 2800 yards his final season of college ball (let that number sink in). He rushed for over 15,000 yards in the NFL. He usually just handed the ball to the ref. No dancing or acting like a fool. On the other hand, our own Fred Brown has caught 2 passes for 27 yards. He has only played in 3 games out of 14 in his days at MSU. He spiked the ball after one of his 2 catches, resulting in a 15 yard penalty. He was also ejected from the game later for yet another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He acted like a clown. Why can't Gomez just run the bases? For the record, I'm in the Barry Sanders camp (achieve greatness but act civilized), while many on here are in the Fred Brown camp (celebrate like you won the lottery, but achieve nothing). That's fine.