Thread: Chris Relf is a great bulldog.......

Banned
    vCash

Chris Relf is a great bulldog.......

-His record as a starter: 16-9 (Russell started the SC game in 2011)
    -He destroyed Ole Miss twice (but basically 3 times)
    -2 consecutive bowl wins for what, the second time in our history?
    -Beat Florida at their place AND Georgia, Lord knows when that happened last
    -Beating Kentucky twice (and helped a 3rd time in 2009) isn't a joke either, for us
    -Led us to a Top 15 finish (has to be one of our best ever)

Had he beaten Auburn in 2011 at their place, he would be the greatest bulldog of all time. As it stands, the dead Indians rose up and he hurt his ribs.

I just wanted to point this out. Hope he stays close to the program.

vCash
    Relf is one of my all time favorite bulldogs.

vCash
    Good stuff, Goat. He's a great Bulldog, and not talked about enough. Who would have ever thought he would be such a force when he stepped on the field for the first time

vCash
    I agree completely. Tyson Lee doesn't get enough credit about how well he represents our university either. I'm glad they're both Bulldogs.

vCash
    And when he showed up at MSU I had a debate with not one but two morons about how he wasn't good enough to play in the SWAC.

I don't give a shit if Croom recruited him and didn't play him. His high school film was enough to tell me he had the field presence to accomplish bigger things.

Whomever you two were, next time you have the feeling to express yourself in a public forum about a kid that decides to come to State...please do our university a favor and overcome that urge.

Relf is proof positive, among many others, that recruiting rankings don't mean one thing.

vCash
    Probably my favorite Bulldog of all time because he owns the bears.

vCash
    I was just having this conversation with a fellow Dawg the other day on our way home from work. Chris Relf was an absolute warrior and that cannot be debated. He was not a great passing QB but the leadership and toughness he brought to the field was a key role in our success. That man was a football player and a winner; I only hope he is successful off the field as well. I use to get nervous when he would drop back for a pass but most of the time he would make the right call and run. There have been times since his departure that I have wished he was back there again. Chris, if you read ED, I hope you see this thread because it is for real and there are many more that do not post on message boards that feel the same way. Keep your head up and Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowers2 View Post
    I was just having this conversation with a fellow Dawg the other day on our way home from work. Chris Relf was an absolute warrior and that cannot be debated. He was not a great passing QB but the leadership and toughness he brought to the field was a key role in our success. That man was a football player and a winner; I only hope he is successful off the field as well. I use to get nervous when he would drop back for a pass but most of the time he would make the right call and run. There have been times since his departure that I have wished he was back there again. Chris, if you read ED, I hope you see this thread because it is for real and there are many more that do not post on message boards that feel the same way. Keep your head up and Hail State!
    +1

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Amen to all this thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    -His record as a starter: 16-9 (Russell started the SC game in 2011)
    -He destroyed Ole Miss twice (but basically 3 times)
    -2 consecutive bowl wins for what, the second time in our history?
    -Beat Florida at their place AND Georgia, Lord knows when that happened last
    -Beating Kentucky twice (and helped a 3rd time in 2009) isn't a joke either, for us
    -Led us to a Top 15 finish (has to be one of our best ever)

Had he beaten Auburn in 2011 at their place, he would be the greatest bulldog of all time. As it stands, the dead Indians rose up and he hurt his ribs.

I just wanted to point this out. Hope he stays close to the program.

vCash
    Ralph was a warrior

But if I'm a college coach that is recruiting for a West Coast offense QB- I dont even keep watching him after he threw the first pass in HS. Croom was an idiot. But at least that mistake was beneficial to us. A good young man that played his ass off for us for a coach that could use his skill set.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Love this thread. Ralph is one of my all time favorite Bulldogs. #HailRalph!

vCash
    Chris Relf = bear killer

vCash
    So much heart. So much character.

Chris Relf and Tyson Lee.

Croom might have been wrong about some things, but he was very, very right about other things.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I can honestly say that his last game was probably the most sad I've ever been over a graduating player. I still catch hell over how much I praised Ralph while he was there, and still sometimes yell out Ralph during a game when Dak makes a Ralph-Like run. I enjoyed watching him run our offense. He was a beast and one of the best developments I've witnessed as an MSU fan.

Does anyone know what he is doing or where he is now days?

vCash
    He must be somewhere near Starkville because when I am in town I see him at WalMart. Tell him "man you were awesome, and as a state fan I appreciate everything you did for the maroons!"

vCash
    I remember the first time I saw him on the field (as a redshirt) in warm ups. He looked like a behemoth next to the other QBs.. When the others were rearing back to throw the ball, he was just flicking his arm and sending it 40 yds... (just too bad he wasn't very accurate)... I told the guy next to me, check out that #14... and he was like, "who the hell is that, and why ain't he playing?" He still reminds me of it today... #hailralph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaK9LT0laQ

vCash

vCash
    Anyone know what he's doing now?

vCash
    I can't remember who we were playing, maybe UAB 2010, but after a play was over there was a little shoving and trash talking between the two teams. I want to say Perk gets shoved and falls onto his butt. Relf was not OK with this, grabbed the opposing player by his should pads and threw him to the ground. Completely manhandled him.

He probably should have been ejected or at least a personal foul called but I guess the officiating crew let everyone off with a warning. It was badass to see him taking up for his teammates like that.

vCash
    he raised the bar for all QB's coming through the system behind him - he's a bar raiser