Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UT Rumor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    My biggest worry is that if Mullen leaves, does he take Grantham with him?
    He'd be crazy if he didn't but Grantham said he wanted to wait until his son graduates before moving on. That leads me to think Mullen has already told Grantham the one job he'd leave State for ain't gonna be open anytime soon, if ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Friends within the coaching industry. You take the bad year he is having plus going through a divorce pretty recently and it makes sense. Sometimes you don't know the true feeling of a fans base towards you till a bad season. And they are having a really bad season.

Then you add to the equation what Dabo is doing at Clemson and Petrino at Louisville, his path to the Acc championship. Plus you have Mark R who they play every year at Miami turning that program around.

His path to the playoff looks a lot easier now in the SEC East than it does in the ACC or the SEC West for that matter.
    Yeah beating Saban twice looks easier than the ACC, LOL.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If he wanted in the SEC he would have taken the LsU job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Where did you hear this rumor?
    [QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;827363]Yeah beating Saban twice looks easier than the ACC, LOL

I think you are missing the point. He has to beat both Dabo, Bobby and Mark to have a chance to make it to the ACC championship. You have just about a 0% chance to make it to the playoff without being in the conference championship game.

Jimbo feels he would have a better chance of at least making it to a conference championship game at UT vs. FSU.

And honestly Saban at the most has two or three years left. You can tell he is getting frustrated at all the rule changes he feels are directly related to him and to curb his success.

Banned
    vCash
    Only reason this might happen is due to his divorce. I still doubt it. He's got all the recruits he needs. Petrino is probably leaving Louisville after this season. Richt isn't unbeatable, neither is Dabo, especially after Venables leaves, which should be soon as well.

vCash
    [QUOTE=WinningIsRelentless;827366]
    Yeah beating Saban twice looks easier than the ACC, LOL

I think you are missing the point. He has to beat both Dabo, Bobby and Mark to have a chance to make it to the ACC championship. You have just about a 0% chance to make it to the playoff without being in the conference championship game.

Jimbo feels he would have a better chance of at least making it to a conference championship game at UT vs. FSU.

And honestly Saban at the most has two or three years left. You can tell he is getting frustrated at all the rule changes he feels are directly related to him and to curb his success.
    And this is in the back of Dan's mind too. When Saban is gone the pathway to winning the West gets a little easier. And no, the next coach at Bama will not be able to polish Saban's shoes. They will take a step back.

vCash
    The pot sturrers are rising. I knew it wouldn't take long

vCash
    [QUOTE=TrapGame;827371]

And this is in the back of Dan's mind too. When Saban is gone the pathway to winning the West gets a little easier. And no, the next coach at Bama will not be able to polish Saban's shoes. They will take a step back.
    This! I think it's also why peanut head Finebaum keeps pimping Mullen for every job opening that's not in the SEC west.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Word going around the coaching rank is Jimbo Fisher has strong interest in the UT job.

This is really interesting considering Butch buyout will be close to 8.5 million plus his assistants buyouts. The real kicker is Jimbos only buyout is the salaries of his assistants he doesn't retain at his new job.

If this were to happen look for Sexton to push his other client (Joey Freshwater) for the FSU job.
    No chance FSU hires Kiffin.

vCash

Still easier than knocking of Saban twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If Jimbo goes to UT, I'll start to worry.

If Jimbo leaves. Willie Taggart could possibly be FSU's first choice.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    No chance FSU hires Kiffin.
    I didn't say they would, I just said Sexton would push for him.

vCash

See, now you're talking BS. Saban ain't going out in a couple years unless his health goes bad. He's said that much. He's planning to coach until he can't. But you "can tell he's getting frustrated"? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The pot sturrers are rising. I knew it wouldn't take long
    Yep. They are back. It’s all they have left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Sometimes situations sour. And FSU is going through a very sour year.
    You do remember Francois was injured and out for the year in first game right? Were looking at a 6-2, possible 7-1 FSU if that didnt happen.

vCash
    You do remember Francois was injured and out for the year in first game right? Were looking at a 6-2, possible 7-1 FSU if that didnt happen.
    I do, but Francois is not the difference between 7-1 and 2-6. FSU has a lot more problems than just a healthy QB.

vCash
    I do, but Francois is not the difference between 7-1 and 2-6. FSU has a lot more problems than just a healthy QB.
    It is amazing how a healthy talented QB changes perceptions

vCash
    \

Allegedly some coaches walked out of practice, some coaches have had their job duties changed. Some boosters, media, and fans want some major coaching changes, and nothing has been mentioned about Francois.

vCash

Jimbo and the FSU football program had some problems before Francois got injured.

vCash
    Bobby Hall to Tennessee?***

vCash
    Was Francois going to prevent Boston College froms coring 35+ on them? Their OL is very leaky too.

Francois is great, but he isn’t the difference in 5 wins. 2 or 3? Sure. But not 5.