Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UT Rumor

Archimedes
    vCash

UT Rumor

Word going around the coaching rank is Jimbo Fisher has strong interest in the UT job.

This is really interesting considering Butch buyout will be close to 8.5 million plus his assistants buyouts. The real kicker is Jimbos only buyout is the salaries of his assistants he doesn't retain at his new job.

If this were to happen look for Sexton to push his other client (Joey Freshwater) for the FSU job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Word going around the coaching rank is Jimbo Fisher has strong interest in the UT job.

This is really interesting considering Butch buyout will be close to 8.5 million plus his assistants buyouts. The real kicker is Jimbos only buyout is the salaries of his assistants he doesn't retain at his new job.

If this were to happen look for Sexton to push his other client (Joey Freshwater) for the FSU job.
    I would be surprised if Lane got that job. I would be more worried about Mullen to FSU than tenn or Florida to be honest

vCash
    If Jimbo goes to UT, I'll start to worry.

vCash
    Mark Stoops to FSU? Assuming they don't crash and burn in November, his resume at Kentucky will look pretty good.

vCash
    Is UTENN or for that matter any other school considering the Memphis State coach? I think he has a good job there.

vCash
    Will Megan be happy buying groceries in Destin? Or is the FSU base less phychotic than Florida/Tennessee?

vCash
    Jimbo's not leaving FSU for TN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I 2nd this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If he wanted in the SEC he would have taken the LsU job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Me too. I believe FSU called Mullen last year when LSu flirted with him briefly. I do not want Jimbo to leave. His buyout is massive but he could obviously waive it if he really wanted out.

vCash

Is Jimbo a UT alum or something? Why in the world would he leave FSU for the UT job? Are FSU people already trying to chase him out?

vCash
    Jimbo might wait for O to implode at LSU but I doubt he really wants the jump at the Tennessee job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Is Jimbo a UT alum or something? Why in the world would he leave FSU for the UT job? Are FSU people already trying to chase him out?
    Why would a Urban Meyer leave the two time national champion UF job? Sometimes situations sour. And FSU is going through a very sour year.

Another story.... how many of you would want a 2012 Johnny Manziel as your college teams’ QB? I know a personal friend of Sumlin who talks with Sumlin regularly. After Manziel left, Sumlin states how happy he was that Manziel was no longer his problem. And if you look at the undisciplined nature of aTm since... it becomes clear that Manziel was given so much freedom because of his talent that it allows the program to unravel somewhat.

Don’t let the name on the jersey fool you, some of those jobs come with major stress. One of the biggest reasons Mullen might stay here is the quality of life aspect of coaching. 8-4 pays $4.5mil here and allows your family to live a normal life. 8-4 at UF, UT, or FSU gets you fired before your first QB recruit is a rsJR.

vCash

Where did you hear this rumor?

vCash
    If Jimbo leaves FSU for UT I will be totally shocked. And yes Mullen to FSU would be very likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No joke. It?s one thing to throw something somewhat believable against the wall to see if it sticks but this? Child please

vCash
    My biggest worry is that if Mullen leaves, does he take Grantham with him?

vCash
    Its hard to imagine Jimbo leaving FSU for UT, but he's been there a long time. Sometimes messages get stale after 10 or so years, and you just need a change. The right time to bounce might be after a losing season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Is UTENN or for that matter any other school considering the Memphis State coach? I think he has a good job there.
    If Arkansas cans Bert, that is their guy.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If he wanted in the SEC he would have taken the LsU job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Where did you hear this rumor?
    Friends within the coaching industry. You take the bad year he is having plus going through a divorce pretty recently and it makes sense. Sometimes you don't know the true feeling of a fans base towards you till a bad season. And they are having a really bad season.

Then you add to the equation what Dabo is doing at Clemson and Petrino at Louisville, his path to the Acc championship. Plus you have Mark R who they play every year at Miami turning that program around.

His path to the playoff looks a lot easier now in the SEC East than it does in the ACC or the SEC West for that matter.