Thread: Stranger things season 2

vCash

Stranger things season 2

Anybody watching? And does it eventually get good? So far it's not measuring up to season 1 at all.

vCash
    We finished it last night. Loved it.

Your take is interesting, as my GF and I felt it held up just fine. It does have moments in a couple episodes where it drags, or the story gets a little wonky, but overall I really liked the character development and where they took the plot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We finished it last night. Loved it.

Your take is interesting, as my GF and I felt it held up just fine. It does have moments in a couple episodes where it drags, or the story gets a little wonky, but overall I really liked the character development and where they took the plot.
    Still only a few episodes into it. First season to me had a much harder job of introducing and developing characters while still advancing the plot and it seems to do much better. But maybe I just don't remember how he first season developed and I'm just judging the second season compared to my feelings at the end of the first season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    But maybe I just don't remember how he first season developed and I'm just judging the second season compared to my feelings at the end of the first season.
    Yeah, that may be it. We made sure to watch the first season right before as a refresher.

vCash
    Haven't started yet, hope to watch this weekend. First seasons are usually really good on well written shows because the writers develop a one season story arc - mainly because they don't know if they will have a 2nd season. That tends to make the 2nd season harder - because they have to start thinking about long term story arcs and end up stretching some storylines so that some episodes kind of plod along. That is something I have liked about Fargo - whole new cast, tangential story line tied to a larger universe, but each story line has just 10-12 episodes. Keeps everything fresh.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Anybody watching? And does it eventually get good? So far it's not measuring up to season 1 at all.
    ha I thought season 1 sucked so it has vastly improved IMO.