Thread: Bobby Hawl will be the OM head coach next year.

vCash

Bobby Hawl will be the OM head coach next year.

You heard it here first
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash

I now see why your username is "Drugs"........

Yeah, nothing better than a notorious, womanizing drunk that would break every rule in the book to clean up a program. You know, for that bunch not much surprises me though. Now, I can see his son latching on at a big time D1 program in the near future. Boy is a helluva coach.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash

Kinda sounds like

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeah, nothing better than a notorious, womanizing drunk that would break every rule in the book to clean up a program. You know, for that bunch not much surprises me though. Now, I can see his son latching on at a big time D1 program in the near future. Boy is a helluva coach.
    You were the president of the booster club at one of Bawbby's coaching stops. You know like when you had to go get his drunk ass off the river and carry him and his pontoon boat home or people would see you walking down the street and would cross to the other side because they knew you would hit them up for money because the booster club was always broke because Bawbby's used it as his personal slush fund. You know, because!

vCash
    And I'll be the head coach at Alabama

vCash
    Why no John L Smith or Barry Switzer or Derek Dooley if you just wanted laug

vCash
    Jesus H Christ...

come better than that....

(note: I hope you are correct.)
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I think he would be on their staff in some capacity if Will got the job. It's only year one there but ULL's offensive numbers are average. I'm not sure how much influence Hud has over their offense as it was obvious he had some when he was at MSU in a limited capacity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    You heard it here first
    And your point is ?

vCash
    I am wondering if they don't end up with Chip Kelly. Every fan base wants the guy, but I would suspect that 99% of school administrations will stay away from the guy because of the NCAA troubles he left at Oregon. It's kind of a perfect fit. No sane AD would want that headache, and no sane coach would want the OM job right now. Plus he's a perfect fit for their current personnel. I guess we will find out what direction they are actually going in in a few weeks.

Hopefully I'm wrong and a better school is willing to take the risk. But if he wants to coach again soon, this may be his best bet.

vCash
    And we'll hear it here last.

vCash
    LOL Welcome back NCAA to the OM campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I am wondering if they don't end up with Chip Kelly. Every fan base wants the guy, but I would suspect that 99% of school administrations will stay away from the guy because of the NCAA troubles he left at Oregon. It's kind of a perfect fit. No sane AD would want that headache, and no sane coach would want the OM job right now. Plus he's a perfect fit for their current personnel. I guess we will find out what direction they are actually going in in a few weeks.

Hopefully I'm wrong and a better school is willing to take the risk. But if he wants to coach again soon, this may be his best bet.
    ***BLANK STARE***

vCash

Huh? Chip Kelly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    ***BLANK STARE***
    you probably do that a lot.

vCash

If OM hires any coach with any type of baggage, or questionable in the eyes of the NCAA, then they need to have more psychiatrists than lawyers. Kelly is only a pipe dream at the most anyway.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-31-2017 at 09:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If OM hires any coach with any type of baggage, or questionable in the eyes of the NCAA, then they need to have more psychiatrists than lawyers. Kelly is only pipe dream at the most anyway.
    They ain't getting Chip Kelly, NCAA baggage or not. Kelly would be a pipe dream for Tennessee; it'd be an act of jerk-off-level fiction for OM to land him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    They ain't getting Chip Kelly, NCAA baggage or not. Kelly would be a pipe dream for Tennessee; it'd be an act of jerk-off-level fiction for OM to land him.
    I just can't see a real program taking him with that baggage. He's done in the NFL. Ole Miss cheated while under investigation - if they don't (and they won't) get the death penalty, do you really expect them to stop for more than a season or two?

I just see a scenario where it plays out. Is it likely? No. Possible? Maybe.

Scum coach, scum school....seems like a perfect match.

vCash
    I just can't see a real program taking him with that baggage. He's done in the NFL. Ole Miss cheated while under investigation - if they don't (and they won't) get the death penalty, do you really expect them to stop for more than a season or two?

I just see a scenario where it plays out. Is it likely? No. Possible? Maybe.

Scum coach, scum school....seems like a perfect match.
    Kelly would probably be in the top two or three choices of Florida, UT, Auburn, A&M, and Arkansas. And then he'd be probably a top choice if not the top choice at a school like Louisville if Petrino gets poached.

The NCAA issues at Oregon aren't going to be enough to put him anywhere near the ball park of the Ole Miss job.