Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color me shocked - Godfrey pens an article saying Mullen is 1a and 1b for Florida

vCash

Color me shocked - Godfrey pens an article saying Mullen is 1a and 1b for Florida

Would link it, but nah. Knew it was only a matter of time before he would write something like this.

His reasoning:

1) Mullen used to work with Stricklin
    2) He used to work at Florida
    3) Sexton is both McElwain's and Mullen's agent, therefore he didn't work hard trying to get a high buyout for Mc, when Mullen could be the next coach.

vCash
    It’s just incredible to me how these guys are willing to sacrifice their own credibility and career to support their agenda

vCash
    He really used your 3rd point? If so, he is incredibly dumb. What does Mullen have to do with getting a buyout for McE? As an agent, you do all you can for both clients.

vCash
    It's all about hurting the early signing period.

vCash
    Any idiot who read twitter yesterday could have written the same article yesterday.

vCash
    And point No 4 , Godfrey is not an OM fan. Gotcha.... He is correct on points 1 and 2 when you delete reasoning as Dan did do that. Is footballscoop , Godfrey's source? Getting closer to December early sigining day, so when will footballscoop, with their OM insider infinite wisdom, tell the world where Dan is going to go? Megan does not approve Godfrey's message.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-30-2017 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    THIS. They start this crap every dang year and oblidge them by helping.

Banned
    vCash
    Did he make fun of any minorities or women? Maybe a gay joke somewhere?

vCash
    Looks like he majored in connect the dots in kindergarten. I wish there was some way that these writers of trash could be fined or kicked in the nuts for false writing.

Banned
    vCash
    Amazing how all people OM claim that Dan is a horrible coach who can’t win the big game and can’t recruit. Yet when any top job comes open he is all of a sudden the lead candidate and best fit. I’m assuming that hypocrisy runs deep in the family and was instilled purposely with their last coach.

Along these same lines, I was listening to espnU radio this morning and Pat Dooley from Gainesville Sun and his own Gatorr website responded to the question of who might be the next coach. He said Scott Frost or Mullen based on his past with Florida and working with Stricklin. Then he goes on to say if given that opportunity, I’m sure Dan would love to get out of Starkville!! You guys with twitter and all need to let this shit stick here it!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    At this point it's a retarded chimp throwing feces.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    You watch all these shitbirds, including Finebaum, jump up and down when Mullen does finally leave and say, I told you so!

Hey shitbirds...it?s too 17?n late for you to claim you were right. That ship sailed 3 years ago. You can?t continue to claim something is going to happen year after year after year and then say you were right. Doesn?t work that way.

vCash
    I can understand writers connecting Mullen with Florida. He was the OC there, has been successful here and there is the Stricklin connection. That said, he isn't going to Florida. He had a hard time with Foley AND with some the their cigar boys who obviously know more about offensive football than he does.

I get burned up, though, when someone says he is leaving to go to Tennessee, A&M or any number of other jobs. He is not going anywhere other than possibly Notre Dame or the NFL. He has evolved beyond that. He has a chance to be our Bowden.

I believe Florida is going to have a hard time getting an established coach. They fired a coach after a) 2 1/2 seasons, who b) had won their division in both of complete seasons, c) despite multiple injury problems to key personal and d) losing a bunch of players to suspension for breaking NCAA rules. They are the fashionable thing to talk about right now because they actually have an opening and are a big time program. However, anyone considering the job is going to drill down and study the situation.

On a similar note, has Tennessee really offered Gruden the job without firing the existing head coach first?
    Last edited by 1bigdawg; 10-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.

vCash
    Don't forget Florida ran Urban (2 Natty) Myer off too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    And point No 4 , Godfrey is not an OM fan. Gotcha.... He is correct on points 1 and 2 when you delete reasoning as Dan did do that. Is footballscoop , Godfrey's source? Getting closer to December early sigining day, so when will footballscoop, with their OM insider infinite wisdom, tell the world where Dan is going to go? Megan does not approve Godfrey's message.
    Football Scoop had to remind us all with this tid bit:

Florida: Brett McMurphy reports that Jim McElwain may only get $4 million of his $12.9 million buyout because of the “way he disclosed death threats and (McElwain’s) agent’s ties to other candidates.” McMurphy expands, noting a source told him “Sexton won’t fight it because it’s not in his best long-term interest” noting that Jimmy also represents Dan Mullen and other clients.

I mean couldn't they just note that Jimmy Sexton is an agent for many many coaches

vCash
    And at the end of all of this and Mullen is still our coach, Godfrey and all the Rebels will say no one wants him. It's like an old, worn out record.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Godfrey
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post

Florida: Brett McMurphy reports that Jim McElwain may only get $4 million of his $12.9 million buyout because of the “way he disclosed death threats and (McElwain’s) agent’s ties to other candidates.” McMurphy expands, noting a source told him “Sexton won’t fight it because it’s not in his best long-term interest” noting that Jimmy also represents Dan Mullen and other clients.

I mean couldn't they just note that Jimmy Sexton is an agent for many many coaches

Well they could have said Nick Saban and other clients, but Dan Mullen sounds better in the scheme of things. Anything to help OM, or hurt us appears to be the agenda of that OM bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post

Are they really saying that Jimmy Sexton convinced his client to take a smaller buyout because he might get a cut of the next coach's salary? 1. That is unethical in dealing with his current client 2. It isn't guaranteed that one of his clients will get the UF job.

That is completely moronic. If McElwain took a smaller buyout then it is probably because they have more shit on him than just lying about death threats and 17ing dead sharks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Who?
    ???

Steve Godfrey, the POS that is the subject of this thread.