Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One little nugget for y'all to remember...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Dan is not going to Florida
    Straight from the horses mouth.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Mullen will be here for another 3 years then will parlay it into a NFL OC job.

Chest Club Captain and Mullen don't see eye to eye. Stricklin is the reason Mullen bolted all those times years ago. Mullen loves Cohen. That's a fact.
    I believe Hugh Baby is the Chest Club Captain. So they say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I will go to the grave believing she heard the words, the money was just to much, as an apology.
    I'm not getting the context here. What else would it be other than an apology (or at least justification)? Is there something in the podcast about that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Mullen will be here for another 3 years then will parlay it into a NFL OC job.

Chest Club Captain and Mullen don't see eye to eye. Stricklin is the reason Mullen bolted all those times years ago. Mullen loves Cohen. That's a fact.
    If he's here for another 3 years, I don't think he's leaving for an OC position. How old will his kids be at that point? I could see him doing that after they're through high school, but I wouldn't think he'd move them at that point for anything less than a head coaching job.

vCash
    I don't see Mullen leaving for the NFL especially not as an OC. Why would he leave to make maybe 1.5 or 2 million and not be calling the shots from making 6 mill at MSU (Guessing that will be what he is up to in 3, if he stays)

vCash
    Florida is going to have a hard time hiring a coach. The just fired a coach who won the SEC East in the ONLY two years he was there despite the injuries, suspensions and distractions. Money talks, but the coaches they will offer big money to will have other options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Dan is not going to Florida
    Dan has spoken so no need to worry about it anymore. I love how you talk in the 3rd person on the message board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Dan has spoken so no need to worry about it anymore. I love how you talk in the 3rd person on the message board.
    On top of that you have Stricklin's comments yesterday where if you read between the lines they didn't always get along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    I don't see Mullen leaving for the NFL especially not as an OC. Why would he leave to make maybe 1.5 or 2 million and not be calling the shots from making 6 mill at MSU (Guessing that will be what he is up to in 3, if he stays)
    (1) He feels like he's accomplished all he can at the college level or is just not willing to continue kissing ass in recruiting to do more
    (2) Moving up would allow him to focus more on the teaching and scheming part that he enjoys and
    (3) He might view an NFL OC position as giving him a better chance to be an NFL HC than continuing as a head coach in the NCAA.

I don't think it's going to happen either, but I could at least see it as a possibility when his kids are in college. At that point, he'll still be pretty young I think and that would give him a new challenge while also allowing him to get away from the recruiting grind, even if the in season grind would possibly be tougher.

The biggest question to me is whether he could handle working as an assistant after being the guy for so long. I think he'd at least have to be going to work for a defensive minded coach that promised him some real autonomy.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    As I recall, Stricklin came on the field at the Arkansas game several years ago trying to console our place kicker that missed a FG. Mullen told him to get off the field.
    Stricklin cheerleader style. It’s ok pumpkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    (1) He feels like he's accomplished all he can at the college level or is just not willing to continue kissing ass in recruiting to do more
    (2) Moving up would allow him to focus more on the teaching and scheming part that he enjoys and
    (3) He might view an NFL OC position as giving him a better chance to be an NFL HC than continuing as a head coach in the NCAA.

I don't think it's going to happen either, but I could at least see it as a possibility when his kids are in college. At that point, he'll still be pretty young I think and that would give him a new challenge while also allowing him to get away from the recruiting grind, even if the in season grind would possibly be tougher.

The biggest question to me is whether he could handle working as an assistant after being the guy for so long. I think he'd at least have to be going to work for a defensive minded coach that promised him some real autonomy.
    His offense doesn't work really well in the NFL. You can't have your QB running like that. It has worked in short bursts but not as a primary offense. Has anyone ever willingly went from a head coach from a Power 5 conference to an NFL Coordinator? Someone like Carroll, Harbaugh, or Chip Kelly went to the NFL but as head coaches. Even if it is getting in the NFL, it is a step backwards.