Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny thing happened to me this morning...

vCash

Funny thing happened to me this morning...

Wanted to share with you all. I had a doctor appointment this morning. Left the house in a State t-shirt and shorts. Afterwards, as I was leaving my appointment and went to an elevator, a fellow in scrubs was holding the elevator door for some folks and myself. When we reached the bottom floor, he politely did the same thing again. I was the last to exit and as I did so he quipped, "I'm a Rebel holding the door for a Bulldog." Without hesitation I replied, "Get used to it." and strolled out of the lobby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Wanted to share with you all. I had a doctor appointment this morning. Left the house in a State t-shirt and shorts. Afterwards, as I was leaving my appointment and went to an elevator, a fellow in scrubs was holding the elevator door for some folks and myself. When we reached the bottom floor, he politely did the same thing again. I was the last to exit and as I did so he quipped, "I'm a Rebel holding the door for a Bulldog." Without hesitation I replied, "Get used to it." and strolled out of the lobby.
    See I never think of those good responses until 10 minutes later. Well done!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You and me both, brother. Although I did have a good one last night. I was visiting with my mom & sister and they had on some stupid HGTV show. I was busy ignoring it when they start talking about whether or not the realtor was gay. Then one of them asked "How many guys do you think wear a bow tie in Tampa?" Without missing a beat I said "I don't know, how many Ole Miss fans live there?"
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm usually the same way. It just flew out. And I felt no remorse saying it to a total stranger.

vCash
    I would definitely have thought it, but I wouldn't have said it.

Banned
    vCash
    What an asshole. Dude was just being polite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Nope. Polite is not mentioning anything about being a rebel while you hold the door. You hold the door for someone to be polite not to be a condescending douche.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Nope. Polite is not mentioning anything about being a rebel while you hold the door. You hold the door for someone to be polite not to be a condescending douche.
    Right on, Trap!

Banned
    vCash

Meh. The guy was probably just making an observation in a light, humorous way. It validates the "inferiority complex" they claim we have to fly off the handle over everything. Lol

vCash
    Meh. The guy was probably just making an observation in a light, humorous way. It validates the "inferiority complex" they claim we have to fly off the handle over everything. Lol
    In my rebel hating mind he said: I'm a rebel and I'm holding the door for a lowly leg humper. You should feel blessed that I do this for you.

vCash
    Even janitors wear scrubs in Hospitals some times. "would you like fries with your order.

vCash
    In my rebel hating mind he said: I'm a rebel and I'm holding the door for a lowly leg humper. You should feel blessed that I do this for you.
    I'm completely lost on this entire thread. I don't really get the point the guy holding the elevator was making except that I think he was just making a trivial human connection with somebody over an apparent common interest (college football). I also don't get the response, neither why anybody would feel remorse over it (it doesn't seem rude, just sort of nonsensical) nor why it would be a good one (Is there a bet not mentioned or a local custom where the fans of the losing team in the egg bowl hold open doors for the fans of the winning team? Is the OP going to come back to the hospital and walk behind the guy to try to catch him holding the door open?). I really don't get the connection between janitors and fries and the story.

vCash
    Agreed.

vCash
    Good point. Being message board prick might b cool HERE, however.....
    Last edited by gravedigger; 10-27-2017 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    No one likes an Ole Piss alumni, until you need a Dr or a Lawyer,,,,��

vCash
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Even janitors wear scrubs in Hospitals some times. "would you like fries with your order.
    No human is superior to another, nor is it right to judge another person by the career or job they currently hold.

I'm disappointed in some of the opinions expressed in this thread. Some of you ****ers need to look in the mirror and realize you're exhibiting behaviors that you're attempting to expose. The faster the thread is locked and forgotten, the better off we all are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You and me both, brother. Although I did have a good one last night. I was visiting with my mom & sister and they had on some stupid HGTV show. I was busy ignoring it when they start talking about whether or not the realtor was gay. Then one of them asked "How many guys do you think wear a bow tie in Tampa?" Without missing a beat I said "I don't know, how many Ole Miss fans live there?"
    There you go! rep given!

vCash
    Pollodawg my friend, I from Vicksburg, a town full of Mississippi fans(remember Kayo Dottley?), and I have had to listen to their crap for a long time. Through these years their sarcasm has sharpened my wit and tongue and I have no problem dealing it back. Screw the bastards.

vCash
    I don't understand some of you guys on this board. Day in and day out all I read is "shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss" and how much they suck and how shitty and condescending they are to people, namely State fans, etc. Then I post an anecdote about giving their shit back to them and I'm the asshole? Whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    I don't understand some of you guys on this board. Day in and day out all I read is "shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss" and how much they suck and how shitty and condescending they are to people, namely State fans, etc. Then I post an anecdote about giving their shit back to them and I'm the asshole? Whatever.
    I got your back.

He didn't have to tell you he was an om fan. Just be polite and hold the door. That was a dig at you for wearing your maroon.