Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Rumor of the Day: Jim "Sharklover" McElwain to be let go on Sunday

vCash

Hot Rumor of the Day: Jim "Sharklover" McElwain to be let go on Sunday

https://florida.247sports.com/Board/...day--109511168

The guy posting the thread is apparently a prominent former player who had the scoop about the status of the suspended Florida players a month before it was made public. Apparently McElwain insulted Steve Spurrier in front of a bunch of boosters this week while he was offering help and advice, and that was the final straw.

Should be fun to try to read his body language on Saturday.

vCash
    And Steve Spurrier makes his triumphant return to Gainesville.

(And no, I'm not forgetting these*****)

vCash
    This could be mike norvel Chad Morris or Neal Browns job. Strick will need to make a big hire with big offensive numbers.

vCash
    FL, OM, TN all going to be looking for coaches. Possibly A&M, MO, and AR too. OM can't catch a break. They'll be at just about the bottom of that pecking order. Only MO would be lower.

vCash
    I'll believe it when I see it. If Stricklin allows the fanbase to be that fickle then he won't be around Gainesville long either. His head will be the next one on the chopping block.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    I highly doubt Loaferz will pull the trigger until the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    I highly doubt Loaferz will pull the trigger until the end of the year.
    Yep, he doesn't have the balls.

vCash
    (Stricklin steps to podium) “The shark ****ing days are over”

vCash
    Man, MSU really is about to start controlling the SEC completely. Got TSUN on probation by having recruits get free stuff from Rebel Rags, Got Stricklin in at Florida to take out their Head Coach, Sent the Ninja to Bama. I am guessing Saban will be gone by next year at this rate (you heard it here first).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    (Stricklin steps to podium) “The shark ****ing days are over”
    If they hire Spurrier to take his place he may actually say this.

vCash
    Well, Strick used to let things leak out on message boards ahead of time to get reaction when he was here. I wouldn't be surprised if they do fire him. GA is going to blow them out, he lied about death threats, and he pissed off Spurrier. I think that'd be enough.
    Spurrier is like mafia. He'll take you out!

vCash
    LULZ at the people in this thread that think Loaferz is anything more than Foley's bitch. Loaferz ain't callin' the shots down there.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    LULZ at the people in this thread that think Loaferz is anything more than Foley's bitch. Loaferz ain't callin' the shots down there.
    This all day.

vCash
    And more Mullen rumors will be coming...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    And more Mullen rumors will be coming...
    Yep. I?ve just come to expect and don?t get worked up over it any more. One day they?ll be right and then they?ll all crow and shout how they knew this was coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Yep. I?ve just come to expect and don?t get worked up over it any more. One day they?ll be right and then they?ll all crow and shout how they knew this was coming.
    Lol. Yep. Ten years later!! It's like the people predicting the end of the world. Eventually it's gonna happen.

vCash
    What’s funny is if he ever leaves after being here 10+ years they will say “see...we told you!”. Meanwhile their own programs have changed coaches multiple times in that time frame. Hahha

vCash
    I think Mrs. Mullen will veto a return to Gainesville, but will Pawl start his rumors on Monday to include Mullen to Tenn or Florida.

vCash
    This x 100.

He was hired to do the things Foley doesn't want to.

Marketing, glad handing and minor sports.

If it's heavy lifting, Foley remains the man.

vCash
    You're right WMD, Foley still has an office as does Spurrier in the AD building, I bet their on the same floor as Strick's office.
    I would be inclined to believe that Strick doesn't make a move without getting an ok from Foley. I bet if Spurrier is pissed Foley won't be happy and I would also bet Strick ain't real happy either.
    Now Mac has a couple of East titles in his pocket, that and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee. His current season ain't going real swimmingly, I would not be surprised by an announcement. I have started to wonder if Mac and Butch Jones might be long lost brothers.
    Last edited by msbulldog; 10-27-2017 at 05:58 PM.