Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebel Rags Lawsuit is Killing OM Recruiting and I Love It

vCash

Rebel Rags Lawsuit is Killing OM Recruiting and I Love It

For what seems like the 100th time in the OM saga, they can't seem to get out of their own way. I have heard from numerous HS Coaches around the State that the RR lawsuit is killing OM in recruiting. To use a phrase popular at om, this is a very bad look for them. Many recruits will not visit for fear of being taped and potentially blackmailed if they do not go there. The parents of recruits see this lawsuit as a bullying tactic to young, black, student athletes. The om fanbase can't seem to understand that the MSU and OM players for the most part are friends off the field. They understand that Leo and Kobe had no choice when the NCAA requested interviews although their fanbase can't seem to grasp it. I'm really shocked it is not more of a national story that a rich white businessman is suing two black student-athletes because they didn't come to his favorite school.

And for the record, I'm told Leo never changed his story and was very credible at the hearing. He also never said State gave him money. This is another OM talking point lie. This will be obvious when the NCAA nuclear bomb goes off in a few weeks. One of their fan based journalists said this week he expects the NCAA to accept the one year bowl ban. I assure you the bowl ban will be closer to 4 than 1. The level of delusion is staggering among some om fans. The "Leo changed his story" is just "hey look over there" as is MSU receiving a letter. Absolutely no truth to this at all. The om admin should really write a crisis management book about this ordeal. Everyone should buy it and do the exact opposite of what OM has done throughout their scandal.

Banned
    vCash
    Is anybody shocked? Recruits aren't stupid.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I assure you the bowl ban will be closer to 4 than 1.

vCash
    I admit the 4 year bowl ban is optimistic on my part. Based on the new penalty matrix it should actually be more than 4 but it will probably come in at 3.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    If it is 3 their program is toast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    If it is 3 their program is toast.
    3 yr ban, attrition and lost schollies for a few yrs will put them wandering in the college football wilderness for a decade.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm just looking forward to what their players are going to have to say once they leave and have no retribution hanging over their heads. I'm sure OM will put some bogus non disparagement clause in an exit contract to discourage them from talking when they leave, but they'll talk indirectly and it will find its way to ED.

vCash
    I’ll be happy if they get another year bowl ban. 2 more and I’ll have a chronic chub for a while

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I'm just looking forward to what their players are going to have to say once they leave and have no retribution hanging over their heads. I'm sure OM will put some bogus non disparagement clause in an exit contract to discourage them from talking when they leave, but they'll talk indirectly and it will find its way to ED.
    All those 2016 signers have to be piss for being lied to. Many of them only have one year left and probably will want to go where they can have some enjoyment for playing college football. What I mean by one year is they are going pro after next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    It will be very interesting to see who actually leaves, will some of the ones that are currently under contract give up that monthly pay check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    All those 2016 signers have to be piss for being lied to. Many of them only have one year left and probably will want to go where they can have some enjoyment for playing college football. What I mean by one year is they are going pro after next season.
    Patterson will have a whopping 9 games under his belt when he starts his junior year. And a total of 4 wins and no bowl appearances...thanks to a team that gave up 38 points per game during those 9. What a dumb*** family for taking the money and attending Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgate Superstar View Post
    I admit the 4 year bowl ban is optimistic on my part. Based on the new penalty matrix it should actually be more than 4 but it will probably come in at 3.
    If it's 3, then mathematically it will be closer to 4 than 1. So your prediction would end up being correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I’ll be happy if they get another year bowl ban. 2 more and I’ll have a chronic chub for a while
    Yeah. I'll have to go see a doctor after 4 hours on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    It will be very interesting to see who actually leaves, will some of the ones that are currently under contract give up that monthly pay check.
    Those getting paid but have no NFL potential will stay. If they have NFL potential and stay they are making a BAD decision.

vCash
    If Ole Miss is smart (I know) they do not want to risk repeat violator status and I imagine that a lot of the pay for play will have to stop. Actually, that's essentially what did SMU in- they didn't stop the pay for play after they were on probation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Those getting paid but have no NFL potential will stay. If they have NFL potential and stay they are making a BAD decision.
    I'm actually not expecting a mass exodus. Other than Shea of course. Of course, that will cripple their offense quite a bit.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgate Superstar View Post
    Well, 3 is closer to 4 than it is to 1 technically speaking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If Ole Miss is smart (I know) they do not want to risk repeat violator status and I imagine that a lot of the pay for play will have to stop. Actually, that's essentially what did SMU in- they didn't stop the pay for play after they were on probation.
    There is the catch 22, stop the payola and run the risk of kids and parents running their mouths about it. Or continue with things as they are and pray you don't get busted. It's quite a predicament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd be totally shocked if they stopped.

vCash
    There is the catch 22, stop the payola and run the risk of kids and parents running their mouths about it. Or continue with things as they are and pray you don't get busted. It's quite a predicament.
    That was the essence of what did SMU in.