Thread: An article our Bammer brethren will like

vCash

An article our Bammer brethren will like

https://www.si.com/college-football/...ational-titles

Try not to gloat too much Tusk & Token.

vCash
    Some thoughts here:

- Everyone should read Phil Savages' new book "4th & Goal Everyday". Alabama has an NFL caliber scouting department & is run like Microsoft.

- Alabama winning is not killing the sport. The WAY Alabama is winning is killing the sport. When Alabama wins a Natty by winning close games, pulling out nail biters, & having some comebacks, it is fun to watch & gives other team's hope when they run onto the field. Currently, the sport lacks hope & that is bad for the game. I could care less if Bama wins ever Natty, but the quality of entertainment & games needs to be better for the good of college football.

- For the past 10 years, Bama has played in exactly 3 football games that did not have national title implications.

- Yes Bama win the natty every other year, but they are about 3 or 4 plays from winning 6 of the last 8 nattys

- To have a chance to beat Bama, the trend shows that you need things: A QB with NFL talent & a 1st round caliber WR. No one in the country has that this year, so Bama should roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Some thoughts here:

- Everyone should read Phil Savages' new book "4th & Goal Everyday". Alabama has an NFL caliber scouting department & is run like Microsoft.

- Alabama winning is not killing the sport. The WAY Alabama is winning is killing the sport. When Alabama wins a Natty by winning close games, pulling out nail biters, & having some comebacks, it is fun to watch & gives other team's hope when they run onto the field. Currently, the sport lacks hope & that is bad for the game. I could care less if Bama wins ever Natty, but the quality of entertainment & games needs to be better for the good of college football.

- For the past 10 years, Bama has played in exactly 3 football games that did not have national title implications.

- Yes Bama win the natty every other year, but they are about 3 or 4 plays from winning 6 of the last 8 nattys

- To have a chance to beat Bama, the trend shows that you need things: A QB with NFL talent & a 1st round caliber WR. No one in the country has that this year, so Bama should roll.
    A lot of people don't realize this... one could argue that just 1 play in each of '13, '14, & '16 cost Bammer the title those years...

Hell, I may claim em, anyway*...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    One of the funniest lines in that, is the only way to beat Alabama is to feed their players actual rat poison

Banned
    vCash
    Thanks for posting. Good read and funny.

Honestly, when Mal Moore brought Saban to Alabama, I knew it wasn't "if" but "when". I knew we would win a championship with Saban, maybe even two, but no one could have ever imagined something like this. I try to enjoy it. No one will ever do anything like this again .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Thanks for posting. Good read and funny.

Honestly, when Mal Moore brought Saban to Alabama, I knew it wasn't "if" but "when". I knew we would win a championship with Saban, maybe even two, but no one could have ever imagined something like this. I try to enjoy it. No one will ever do anything like this again .
    Like it or not, what we are witnessing at Bama is history. We are witness to something that is not supposed to be possible under the current rules of the NCAA and recruiting. I used to hate Bama worse than OM, it turned into begrudging respect, and eventually awe at what they are accomplishing. The question is , can it survive post Saban? If not, the fall may be spectacular.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Like it or not, what we are witnessing at Bama is history. We are witness to something that is not supposed to be possible under the current rules of the NCAA and recruiting. I used to hate Bama worse than OM, it turned into begrudging respect, and eventually awe at what they are accomplishing. The question is , can it survive post Saban? If not, the fall may be spectacular.
    It won't continue, but we will continue to be contenders every year like a few other programs if we make the right hire. We all know who that it. Is he Nick Saban? No. Is he top 5 in the college profession? I would have to say he is based on where Clemson was when he took over, where they are now, how well he recruits, and that he went toe to toe with the GOAT 2 years in a row and won once. Pretty impressive imo.

vCash
    Best line I've heard in awhile:

"He faces Ed O next, a man who wakes up every morning knowing that there's a 10% chance he locks himself in his own car."