Thread: Awesome job, Brad Paisley!!!

vCash

Awesome job, Brad Paisley!!!

One of the best National Anthem renditions I've ever seen or heard at a sporting event. Definitely a highlight of this year's World Series. Kudos!!!

vCash
    And the Vin Scully brings out Fernando Valenzuela to throw out the 1st pitch! Talking about stepping back in time.

vCash
    I lived in Los Angeles in 1985-86. Been to dodger stadium several times. Saw Fernando pitch. Great atmosphere for Baseball even if the crowds are a little more laid back than fans here in the South.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    One of the best National Anthem renditions I've ever seen or heard at a sporting event. Definitely a highlight of this year's World Series. Kudos!!!
    I missed it ... turned there just as Vin Scully was leading the 1, 2, 3 thing. He looked shaky ... does he have Parkinson's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I missed it ... turned there just as Vin Scully was leading the 1, 2, 3 thing. He looked shaky ... does he have Parkinson's?
    Don't know if he has Parkinsons, but he has to be close to 90. I think he worked for the Dodgers for 67 years or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I lived in Los Angeles in 1985-86. Been to dodger stadium several times. Saw Fernando pitch. Great atmosphere for Baseball even if the crowds are a little more laid back than fans here in the South.
    I've been there only once. A buddy and I were there on a business trip and decided to see if we could go see a game. Had no tickets. Ran into someone in the parking lot who said he had two extra tickets and offered them to us, no charge. And they were legitimate ... halfway between 3rd and home, about midway up in the first level. Had a great time. I still remember the peanut salesman guy ... he was accurate throwing peanuts from 50 feet away. And you just passed your money down to him. Apparently everybody was honest. That was in the early 90s.

vCash
    Justin Turner looks like a Viking.

vCash
    I've been there only once. A buddy and I were there on a business trip and decided to see if we could go see a game. Had no tickets. Ran into someone in the parking lot who said he had two extra tickets and offered them to us, no charge. And they were legitimate ... halfway between 3rd and home, about midway up in the first level. Had a great time. I still remember the peanut salesman guy ... he was accurate throwing peanuts from 50 feet away. And you just passed your money down to him. Apparently everybody was honest. That was in the early 90s.
    It really is a different kind of fan base and atmosphere there. A lot of really nice folks and really calm crowd who wont show a lot of animosity towards players or other teams fans(accept the Giants).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It really is a different kind of fan base and atmosphere there. A lot of really nice folks and really calm crowd who wont show a lot of animosity towards players or other teams fans(accept the Giants).
    The same can be said for Philadelphia. I've spent a lot of time there with the Navy and have been to several games in the old Vet. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of fans ... and many parts of the city itself aren't safe at all. Their big rival was (and I suppose still is) the Mets, but it was a friendly rivalry.

vCash
    The same can be said for Philadelphia. I've spent a lot of time there with the Navy and have been to several games in the old Vet. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of fans ... and many parts of the city itself aren't safe at all. Their big rival was (and I suppose still is) the Mets, but it was a friendly rivalry.
    You forgot to add the *****.

vCash
    That?s interesting about philly. Always thought they?d be more rowdy. Always enjoy hearing other people?s exoeriences gives you a better perspective than what you read in the media.

vCash
    You should go to an eagles game. Where there was a jail under the old stadium to house all the people arrested during the game. True story.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Never heard Philadelphia fans and nice said together in the same sentence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Never heard Philadelphia fans and nice said together in the same sentence
    Baseball, yes (at least in the '90s), and I've been to several games there. Never been to an Eagles game.