Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement of NCAA Sanctions on ole miss...

vCash

Announcement of NCAA Sanctions on ole miss...

... may be moved up to before the egg bowl. I know all the yahoos told you otherwise, but it looks like it could happen before now. Not 100% confirmed, but in my experience this is pretty reliable.

Not sure the timing matters much, as long as it's before signing day, but it's worth sharing... and once again shows that, if true, the idiots are once again just spewing crap without regard for the truth. Once. Again.

vCash
    I would prefer it be after the Egg Bowl myself.

vCash
    It's already nasty. May as well turn the egg bowl into a wrestling match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    ... may be moved up to before the egg bowl. I know all the yahoos told you otherwise, but it looks like it could happen before now. Not 100% confirmed, but in my experience this is pretty reliable.

Not sure the timing matters much, as long as it's before signing day, but it's worth sharing... and once again shows that, if true, the idiots are once again just spewing crap without regard for the truth. Once. Again.
    Wasn't the original speculation the week before the Egg Bowl?

vCash
    Was originally reported that it would be after. Maybe someone else got a hold of it too though. Not sure.

vCash
    I want the Ole Miss fans to have as much hate as their hearts can handle before kickoff of the Egg Bowl because when that ass whipping gets going they are going to lose their minds. Any of them that **** up and make the trip to Starkville will regret it for a long time.

vCash
    I just want to rip any potential silver lining out of their souls. I'm kind of mean like that.

vCash
    NCAA looks weak after unc... move om case up to save face

vCash
    It should be announced prior to the EB to show how stupid it is to think it even matters. Their sanctions are their own responsibility and the reason for them are theirs alone.

Finebaum was stupid to suggest otherwise.

MSU had two of the 52 student athletes that testified after being contacted by the NCAA.

ETA: one was still in HS at the time
    Last edited by Schultzy; 10-25-2017 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    Might work in our favor if it's before. If more bowl ban is added, half their roster will be playing with one foot out the door.

vCash
    This would be bad news, if true. The shorter time they have to get into the coaching search frenzy, the better....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This would be bad news, if true. The shorter time they have to get into the coaching search frenzy, the better....
    Awesome gif...awesome movie...but, the time frame for their coaching search won't matter. They will NOT do better than an Arkansas-level John L. Smith-type hire...book it!

vCash
    In fairness, the NCAA should announce as soon as possible. This would give Ole Miss a chance to move forward with clarity in their coaching search because penalties would be known. Also, the employers of people such as Chris Kiffin would know what direction to head. Most importantly, recruits need ample time to make a decision (remember December signing day) and potential transfers need time to weigh their options. Right now, the NCAA has multiple schools, multiple staffs, multiple coaches, and many student athletes in limbo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Awesome gif...awesome movie...but, the time frame for their coaching search won't matter. They will NOT do better than an Arkansas-level John L. Smith-type hire...book it!
    Thanks, and I agree (one of my favs, obviously). Regarding the timeline, though...you're probably right, they won't sniff a decent hire, but I still think having to pick from a pool that's already been pillaged will be preferable to getting in on someone early who just desperately wants an SEC job.

vCash
    Drop the hammer the week before the EB. Get it over with.

vCash

You only know this because the NCAA is currently on our campus investigating our program and told someone about the announcement***

vCash
    Was originally reported that it would be after. Maybe someone else got a hold of it too though. Not sure.
    Was it reported? Or did someone speculate that the NCAA might wait until after the egg bowl (Forde maybe?) and then finebaum run with it like an idiot and claim it was based on sources?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Was it reported? Or did someone speculate that the NCAA might wait until after the egg bowl (Forde maybe?) and then finebaum run with it like an idiot and claim it was based on sources?
    I don't know. Honestly I don't pay much attention to any of the noise because people I consider to be reliable usually tell me what's really going on. I read it here that other people (OM goons, F-bomb types, etc...) were saying it would be after the egg bowl.

vCash
    This is a weak ass thread....

I’d like to see:
    1. Penalties come down (2 yr bowl ban & 30 schollies) 2 weeks before EB.
    2. What few decent players they have transfer. (Dibs on AJ & Little)...
    3. Week of EB, Harvey Updyke’s car breaks down just outside Oxford, & he thumbs a ride into town from a truck driver that works for Monsanto...
    4. EB takes place.

�� dee rop
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17