(From ESPN)

Total Offense: MSU #54 A&M #75

Passing: MSU #108 A&M #98

Rushing: MSU #18 A&M #33

Total Defense: MSU #9 A&M #52

Passing: MSU #3 A&M #85

Rushing: MSU #31 A&M #36

Sacks: MSU #84 A&M #1

It's time for Dan to nut up and win one at Kyle Field. We cannot go in there and get punked like AU and UGA. You want to go to the next level? Then beat A&M in their house.

vCash
    If you want to feel better about MSU Football, lets go back to the Auburn game.

Against one of the best defensive fronts in college football, MSU ran for 194 yards. LSU beat Auburn by running for only 157 yards. The narrative is that Auburn shut down MSU's offense, but that is really not the case. MSU shut down MSU's offense in that game.

Also consider that MSU had 10 penalties in that game, half of which were false starts, that took the offense off schedule in down & distance & forced us into passing situations. It's my belief that, had MSU cut their penalties in half, MSU would have run for 250+ yards against Auburn. Think about that... Additionally, consider the dropped passes in that game that stopped drives & limited the total play count. I don't even know how many there were.

While Auburn is probably better than MSU & certainly had big plays against our defense, it's my belief that along with a terrible call on a scoop & score in that game that completely destroyed momentum, MSU beat MSU more than Auburn beat MSU. I think if Auburn & MSU played next week at Davis Wade Stadium, it would be a very tight game.

If MSU could run for almost 200 yards against Auburn & should've run for 250, then how many can we run for against A&M?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-24-2017 at 09:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    it's my belief that along with a terrible call on a scoop & score in that game,
    That play was huge. It killed our momentum. It's like the air being let out of the balloon. That call was crucial.

vCash
    Don't get me started about the Auburn game. Those refs were shit. Mix that with false starts and we looked like crap. We were and are better than that. This coming Saturday is when Mullen needs to let it hang out and tell Sumlin and Chavis to suck it.

vCash
    State is feast or famine. Our closest game is 25 points to BYU. We either blow out or get blown out. And I don't see aTm blowing us out. I think we see a balanced offense and a defense take advantage of a freshmen QB. We must kick away from CK and not let him beat us. Hev's OL must contain Turner's pass rushers. State wins big.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    State is feast or famine. Our closest game is 25 points to BYU. We either blow out or get blown out. And I don't see aTm blowing us out. I think we see a balanced offense and a defense take advantage of a freshmen QB. We must kick away from CK and not let him beat us. Hev's OL must contain Turner's pass rushers. State wins big.
    It’s just too small a sample size to say we are feast or famine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    That play was huge. It killed our momentum. It's like the air being let out of the balloon. That call was crucial.
    7-7 score in that ball game makes it totally different. We may not win, but we don't get dismantled. Certainly would have affected our current perception in the positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    (From ESPN)

Total Offense: MSU #54 A&M #75

Passing: MSU #108 A&M #98

Rushing: MSU #18 A&M #33

Total Defense: MSU #9 A&M #52

Passing: MSU #3 A&M #85

Rushing: MSU #31 A&M #36

Sacks: MSU #84 A&M #1

It's time for Dan to nut up and win one at Kyle Field. We cannot go in there and get punked like AU and UGA. You want to go to the next level? Then beat A&M in their house.
    Yes it is. I don't wanna hear about "it's hard to win on road in SEC". These stats show the difference in teams. TAM has played only 1 stellar opponent and that one at home. We've played 1 stellar team and 1 pretty darn good team on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Yes it is. I don't wanna hear about "it's hard to win on road in SEC". These stats show the difference in teams. TAM has played only 1 stellar opponent and that one at home. We've played 1 stellar team and 1 pretty darn good team on the road.
    I think we should win. With that said, that pretty darn good team that whipped us lost on the road to a team we beat by 30 at home. Home field seems to be pretty dang important this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think we should win. With that said, that pretty darn good team that whipped us lost on the road to a team we beat by 30 at home. Home field seems to be pretty dang important this year.
    Gus took his foot off the gas and pulled a Mullen '14. Except Mullen took his foot off in the late fourth quarter giving LSU just enough time to attempt a comeback. Gus took his foot off in the third quarter. Completely dumb coaching move there. It gave LSU plenty of time to make a comeback. And they did.

And quite frankly, if Mullen has aspirations of coaching at one of the big P5 programs that comes open; these are the wins that make resumes look good.

vCash
    This post is a little misleading. You'd think we had a field day on the ground versus Auburn with 194 yards, but it couldn't have been more of the opposite. Here are some quick stats from Auburn and UGA. Rushing Q1 - 25 yds vs Aub, 27 vs UGA, Q2 - 36 yds vs Aub, 42 yds vs UGA. At halftime, we had a grand total of 61 yds rushing against Aub and 69 vs UGA....these games were both over at this point. In the Q3, we had 49 yds against Aub and 9 against UGA. This helps tell the story with a little more clarity. We were absolutely trash on the ground in our 2 biggest games, until the 4th quarter when both Aub and UGA were running in 2's and 3's. Specifically, our first and second down rushing plays were naught. This forced us into a ton of 3rd and long situations and obvious passing downs which UGA and Aub thrived on. With our very mediocre WRs and the accuracy and decision making issues (at times) of our QB, we were basically sitting ducks. We had so many 3 and outs in this game because we simply couldn't establish the run early on. This kept our defense on the field and subject to the big plays.

The second part of your post is spot on and contributed to the lack of a running game in the first half. Penalties killed us early and often. It's hard to run the football when you are starting 1st and 15 or 1st and 20. Even harder when you're looking at 3rd and 13. Even if we didn't have the penalties, i'm not sure our rushing results would have been much better in the first half. The first half of both of these games decided the outcome of the game. That's why i'm convinced if we don't have 110 yds rushing at halftime against A&M, we will not win the game. I think 220 yds rushing is the number against A&M. We win the game if we are close to that or surpass it.

vCash

Against one of the best defensive fronts in college football, MSU ran for 194 yards. LSU beat Auburn by running for only 157 yards. The narrative is that Auburn shut down MSU's offense, but that is really not the case. MSU shut down MSU's offense in that game.

Also consider that MSU had 10 penalties in that game, half of which were false starts, that took the offense off schedule in down & distance & forced us into passing situations. It's my belief that, had MSU cut their penalties in half, MSU would have run for 250+ yards against Auburn. Think about that... Additionally, consider the dropped passes in that game that stopped drives & limited the total play count. I don't even know how many there were.

While Auburn is probably better than MSU & certainly had big plays against our defense, it's my belief that along with a terrible call on a scoop & score in that game that completely destroyed momentum, MSU beat MSU more than Auburn beat MSU. I think if Auburn & MSU played next week at Davis Wade Stadium, it would be a very tight game.

If MSU could run for almost 200 yards against Auburn & should've run for 250, then how many can we run for against A&M?
    Losing Rankin and throwing in a Freshman didn't help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BertleTheTurtle View Post
    This post is a little misleading. You'd think we had a field day on the ground versus Auburn with 194 yards, but it couldn't have been more of the opposite. Here are some quick stats from Auburn and UGA. Rushing Q1 - 25 yds vs Aub, 27 vs UGA, Q2 - 36 yds vs Aub, 42 yds vs UGA. At halftime, we had a grand total of 61 yds rushing against Aub and 69 vs UGA....these games were both over at this point. In the Q3, we had 49 yds against Aub and 9 against UGA. This helps tell the story with a little more clarity. We were absolutely trash on the ground in our 2 biggest games, until the 4th quarter when both Aub and UGA were running in 2's and 3's. Specifically, our first and second down rushing plays were naught. This forced us into a ton of 3rd and long situations and obvious passing downs which UGA and Aub thrived on. With our very mediocre WRs and the accuracy and decision making issues (at times) of our QB, we were basically sitting ducks. We had so many 3 and outs in this game because we simply couldn't establish the run early on. This kept our defense on the field and subject to the big plays.

The second part of your post is spot on and contributed to the lack of a running game in the first half. Penalties killed us early and often. It's hard to run the football when you are starting 1st and 15 or 1st and 20. Even harder when you're looking at 3rd and 13. Even if we didn't have the penalties, i'm not sure our rushing results would have been much better in the first half. The first half of both of these games decided the outcome of the game. That's why i'm convinced if we don't have 110 yds rushing at halftime against A&M, we will not win the game. I think 220 yds rushing is the number against A&M. We win the game if we are close to that or surpass it.
    We were down 21-10 at halftime vs auburn and it should have been 21-14 if not for a terrible call. Pretty big stretch to say the game was over at halftime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Gus took his foot off the gas and pulled a Mullen '14. Except Mullen took his foot off in the late fourth quarter giving LSU just enough time to attempt a comeback. Gus took his foot off in the third quarter. Completely dumb coaching move there. It gave LSU plenty of time to make a comeback. And they did.

And quite frankly, if Mullen has aspirations of coaching at one of the big P5 programs that comes open; these are the wins that make resumes look good.
    He's just making excuses in advance in case Mullen f**** this up.

Don't say nothing bad about Dan to State7 now. You can crucify Smart, Franklin, McE, Saban (or anyone from his coaching tree), etc. all you want, but not Dan or Harbaugh.

vCash
    Okay that's fair. Not sure that changes the general message of my post but fair. We couldn't run against UGA or Aub, and 194 total yards is a very misleading stat because >40% of those yards came in the 4th quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    He's just making excuses in advance in case Mullen f**** this up.

Don't say nothing bad about Dan to State7 now. You can crucify Smart, Franklin, McE, Saban (or anyone from his coaching tree), etc. all you want, but not Dan or Harbaugh.
    Or urban.

Release that death grip on your jewels... your sperm count will never allow a lil dawgday if you keep thinking of Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BertleTheTurtle View Post
    Okay that's fair. Not sure that changes the general message of my post but fair. We couldn't run against UGA or Aub, and 194 total yards is a very misleading stat because >40% of those yards came in the 4th quarter.
    I do not from memory remember us running well vs auburn or Georgia; but I do think raw rushing totals are a bad measure without attempts too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Or urban.

Release that death grip on your jewels... your sperm count will never allow a lil dawgday if you keep thinking of Mullen
    LOL ... C'mon mane. You can do better than that can't you?

I expect Dan to f*** it up. If he don't I'm happy. If he do, I'm used to it.

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Interesting stats (stolen from the rant). Was not surprised at Fitz completion %, but was surprised at the number of attempts. Much higher than I would have guessed. Mond's number are much worse than expected as well. Jake Fromm is good at the football.

Attempts over 15+ yards

vCash

I will add though it also seemed like Dan gave up early. We were running in the 4th when most teams would've been passing.