Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No surprise, UMass kickoff is at 11am.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Counting UMass, we have only had 3 6pm home games out of the last 11. That sucks!!!!!!
    That?s because we were awful last year and our game against UMass will be a snoozer.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I will be there, but I expect it will be the worst crowd in Mullen's tenure. I wonder what the excuse for people not showing up this time. It shouldn't be that hot this time.

Banned
    vCash
    An 11 am game in early November is not that bad.

If I go, it'll give me a chance to get back and watch LSU/Bama or UGa/SCeast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I would like to know this also as I will always take advantage of friends and food/beer
    I go by a lot of tail gates but never eat or drink. I usually drop by for a few minutes to say hi. I just wanted to meet some of the posters. I don't drink and cause problem. I think I found it but I did not want to walk up to the wrong tail gate and ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I will be there, but I expect it will be the worst crowd in Mullen's tenure. I wonder what the excuse for people not showing up this time. It shouldn't be that hot this time.
    The excuse will be its UMass at 11 am I dont blame people for not going

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Fan support matters in the long run. Don't complain about not being able to run with the big dawgs if you don't want to act like them.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Fan support matters in the long run. Don't complain about not being able to run with the big dawgs if you don't want to act like them.
    We have people in the other thread talking about how we're a better program than Tennessee, yet here we are talking about how we won't have 45K in the stands for a home game. We really can't get mad if Mullen keeps a wandering eye honestly.

vCash
    I am at all home games. I like 11:00 games if it isn't hot. I can get home and watch more games. However night games are more energetic and fun.

vCash
    I got 50yl seats, lower bowl...for less than $11 each. Really good time to get good seats folks and the weather should be nice.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    **** it! I will be there, but not sure the missus will! If we beat aTm there is ZERO reason that any of you bastards can have NOT to be there. I too want to know if there is an ED tent and where it is. If not PM me and come be my tent near the Southern Tailgate Hummer truck.

vCash
    People have the right to not go to a game but I don?t understand the ones that don?t get their tickets to other Bulldog fans. The few games I haven?t been to in the last 10 years I have given to Bulldogs. I?m not saying everyone should give theirs away but they should try hard to get someone in their seat. You can?t tell me there aren?t tons of kids out there who have never seen Mississippi State play that would have no problem with watching them play UMass with a free ticket. Social media makes this so easy to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    We really can't get mad if Mullen keeps a wandering eye honestly.
    Yea it's better than a whispering eye. That's what did ol' Bucky in**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    People have the right to not go to a game but I don?t understand the ones that don?t get their tickets to other Bulldog fans. The few games I haven?t been to in the last 10 years I have given to Bulldogs. I?m not saying everyone should give theirs away but they should try hard to get someone in their seat. You can?t tell me there aren?t tons of kids out there who have never seen Mississippi State play that would have no problem with watching them play UMass with a free ticket. Social media makes this so easy to do.

I heard a story kind of along the line of part of this post. Somebody was taking a group of three kids to a game. They had 4 tickets for the kids so they let the kids decide who else to take. The kids picked another kid they knew was a big Dawg fan that they also knew didn?t have a lot of money and had never been to a college game. The kid (big strapping young man) started tearing up when they asked him to go. They had a blast. You think that young man isn?t a fan for life now? Get your tickets to someone, and if you can find someone like that you have really done some good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    This is a great idea!!! There are tons of kids who would love the opportunity to go to a game and experience a day on a college campus. An early game means they can take a tour of campus after the game and still get home before it's too late. You never know one of those kids may turn out to be a Rhodes scholar, 5 star WR one day or a 5 star point guard in WBB. There could be a ticket give away forum that teachers, youth pastors, parents, etc could visit to find free tickets to games like this. Find a church van or carpool and expose "economically disadvantaged" kids to a college campus.
    Last edited by Reason2succeed; 10-24-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    This is a great idea!!! There are tons of kids who would love the opportunity to go to a game and experience a day on a college campus. An early game means they can take a tour of campus after the game and still get home before it's too late. You never know one of those kids may turn out to be a 5 star WR one day or a 5 star point guard in WBB. There could be a ticket give away forum that teachers, youth pastors, parents, etc could visit to find free tickets to games like this. Find a church van or carpool and expose "economically disadvantaged" kids to a college campus.
    Or just another student at MSU. That’s just as good and what the university is actually for.

Banned
    vCash
    Good stuff. Unfortunately we have too many folks trying to make profits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Good stuff. Unfortunately we have too many folks trying to make profits.
    If an org has a 501c3 they can give them a tax write off for a ticket they weren't going to use anyway. It may not affect the bottom line much but it's better than nothing and you can feel good that a kid may have had the time of their life.

Students don't come or stay at blowout games anymore than alumni and fans.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I hate to bump this thread, but my kid has her first soccer tournament of the season Nov 4. If y'all know any person or group who would appreciate two tickets (lower sections) to the UMass game, they can have them. I'm in N/NW ms. Or I can mail them.

vCash
    M-13 check inbox

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I heard a story kind of along the line of part of this post. Somebody was taking a group of three kids to a game. They had 4 tickets for the kids so they let the kids decide who else to take. The kids picked another kid they knew was a big Dawg fan that they also knew didn?t have a lot of money and had never been to a college game. The kid (big strapping young man) started tearing up when they asked him to go. They had a blast. You think that young man isn?t a fan for life now? Get your tickets to someone, and if you can find someone like that you have really done some good.
    This. I routinely give my extra tickets up to underprivileged families to games like this. Means the world to them, I can assure you.
    my cowbell is louder than yours