Thread: I don't have a dog in the hunt

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

I don't have a dog in the hunt

but man, I just read the "rules" on having a spot in the new lounge. My question is, who is going to police all of this? And who is going to be out there to appease all of the people who will no doubt not like some of these rules that I imagine they have never had for 30 years in some cases? It better be more than one person. I'm glad I'm not part of this to be honest. I have a couple friends who have spaces and neither was happy going to the new Dude. I haven't talked to them about this yet. I can only imagine. 40x40x40 storage spaces? That's inches. Hold your arms out and think about that.

Left Field Lounge FAQ

I have a Left Field Lounge box, what can I do to customize the space?
    Lounge holders will have access to their new box on ?Move In Day? prior to the first game of the 2018 season at a date to be determined. At this time, your Left Field Lounge Box may be customized in preparation for the season. When customizing your LFL Box, please adhere to the following guidelines:

You may?
    Attach additional personal seating only within your LFL Box with prior approval from MSU Athletics. (you must follow approved guidelines for mounting personal seating to your box).
    With prior approval from MSU Athletics, attach individual and personalized signage onto your LFL Box. These signs will be free of advertising, must be in good taste AND must not restrict box egress or hinder other?s view.
    Use personal furniture in your LFL Box for seating and will be confined to the area within your LFL Box, and at no time will intrude into the concourse.
    Add decorative lighting to your LFL Box that, at game management?s discretion, does not interfere with the play of the game or hinder those around you from enjoying the game. All damage caused by overloaded electrical circuits will be the responsibility of the user.
    Use a gas or charcoal grill in your LFL Box and will assume responsibility for the safe operation of the grill and disposal of charcoal embers. No hot grills are to be left unattended.
    Make minor additions to your LFL Box, provided such additions are approved by MSU Athletics and do not increase the height of your LFL Box or impede the view and sight lines of those around you.

You may NOT?
    Make any changes or modifications to the structure of your LFL Box or the area surrounding your LFL Box at any time.
    Remove or modify any of the railings adjacent to the stairs or the concourse in your LFL Box.
    Remove or modify any of the decking inside your LFL Box.
    Modify any part of your LFL Box that affects the architecture, design or ADA accessibility of your LFL Box or any other area in the LFL.
    Construct a roof or shade structure of any kind in your LFL Box. EXCEPTION: If you have a back-row LFL Box, you may use a temporary/portable tent or umbrella provided the peak height does not exceed 8? and the base of the structure is confined to the space inside of your own LFL Box. Tents and umbrellas on the back row must not intrude into the upper concourse and must be lowered and stowed after each game.
    Use the upper or middle concourse area for seating, as supply storage, operate or store grills, or place ice chests and tables or any other item that restricts paths of emergency egress.
    Stand on top of items in your LFL Box (coolers, tables, chairs, etc.) that may impede the view and block sight lines of those around you.

Left Field Lounge Box owners of record are reminded that they are responsible for the conduct and behavior of individuals using their LFL Box. Individuals using a LFL Box, who do not adhere to the MSU Fan Code of Conduct may, at the University?s discretion, result in the LFL Box holder?s, and future rights to the LFL Box, being revoked without reimbursement.

Who is responsible for damage to a LFL Box?
    Repair of damages to LFL boxes are the financial responsibility of the box owner.

Is the boardwalk in front of the Left Field Lounge general public space?
    No. The boardwalk in front of the front row of LFL boxes is not considered public space and may only be accessed through the LFL boxes. However, the main concourse between the 2 levels of LFL Boxes, as well as the upper concourse behind the second row of LFL boxes, are both designated public walkways and must remain clear of grills, seating and tables at all times and cannot be used as an extension of upper level LFL Boxes.

Will storage be provided for Left Field Lounge Boxes?
    Yes, each box will have a dedicated, secure storage container located under the back row of LFL boxes. The 40?x40?x40? lockable storage containers will be assigned and each box owner must provide their own padlock. Storage of hot embers or propane tanks inside these containers is prohibited.

Will electricity be provided to Left Field Lounge Boxes?
    Yes, each LFL Box has been provided with one duplex receptacle that is on a dedicated 20-amp circuit. Extension cords are not permitted across walkways, stairways or other paths of egress at any time.

Will In/Out passes be available for Left Field Lounge Box Holders?
    Vehicular traffic will no longer be permitted in the outfield at Dudy Noble Field. However, there will be a service lane outside of the centerfield entrance for cars to drop off supplies for LFL Boxes on designated servicing days or during servicing times. Each LFL Box will be given an opportunity to purchase a parking pass for a parking area in the same location as the former In/Out lot that will be adjacent to the outfield servicing area.

When can I service my Left Field Lounge Box?
    There will be a service lane in centerfield for LFL box holders to drop off supplies and service their box during designated servicing times. The LFL will be open for servicing during ?Move In Day? as well as for a mid-season servicing at a date prior to the beginning conference play. There will also be servicing times on designated days prior to both mid-week games and weekend series in order to ensure that LFL box holders have adequate opportunities to stock their box with proper supplies.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    and that is how the tradition dies. A new tradition will start, but I kind of like seeing the junky seating out there.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    It all seems reasonable actually. Mainly, don't take a sledgehammer or saw to the existing structure. Don't put a tent or umbrella up so the people behind you can't see. Everything esle is a go and you have electricty.

vCash
    We killed the best thing in baseball for something "new and better." I hope it works. I really do, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned. We needed a lot of improvements at the Dude, but the "LFL improvement" wasn't one of them. To me, it's similar to ripping down the bleachers at wrigley field for custom boxes.

vCash
    Reminds me of...They "Paved Paradise and Put up a Parking Lot".

vCash
    It's all about the money. Screw tradition!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    We killed the best thing in baseball for something "new and better." I hope it works. I really do, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned. We needed a lot of improvements at the Dude, but the "LFL improvement" wasn't one of them. To me, it's similar to ripping down the bleachers at wrigley field for custom boxes.
    Agree completely! Something so unique to State and college baseball and we have to try and "make it better" when it was already perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's all about the money. Screw tradition!
    DING DING DING!!!! WINNER!

We didn't want to move from where we were but were told that our spot had already been SOLD. It was also sold to someone that didn't already have a spot out there.

vCash
    I've not spent a lot of time in left field lounge. I know the broke down vehicles and such wont be out there any more but what is changing besides seating arrangements? Again, I understand that the cars won't be there anymore but it seems like everything else is remaining the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I've not spent a lot of time in left field lounge. I know the broke down vehicles and such wont be out there any more but what is changing besides seating arrangements? Again, I understand that the cars won't be there anymore but it seems like everything else is remaining the same.
    It’s not even close to the same, it is now a sterile reproduction of what once was something that was uniquely our own. Only at MSU do we go out of our way to screw ourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    It’s not even close to the same, it is now a sterile reproduction of what once was something that was uniquely our own. Only at MSU do we go out of our way to screw ourself.
    You mean it's not going to look like a junkyard any more? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    For one, a lot of the spots are going to be smaller. I'm interested to see how many we'll be able to seat. I'm worried that when our whole crew that pays for the spot plus wives/girlfriends and kids are there, we won't have room to invite anyone else. Plus, our grill used to be on the ground next to the trailer, now it'll be taking up seating space on our spot. Of course that'll probably only be for big games but that's also when out of town friends want to come. Before, we could easily hold 20 people and we were probably middle of the road size wise. I doubt they're going to let people stand on the concourse passing through there and, if they do, it'll be overflow from the spots that have gotten smaller. That's why I never bought their "more access" sales pitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This. Nothing else needs to be said. There was a reason when a game was televised from there one of the announcers would end up out there calling an inning while stuffing his face with food.

vCash
    Love the lounge and have been there every spring since I was a baby, and I hate to see it change but quit complaining. The LFL was great, unique, and the coolest part of college baseball. But you know what made it that way? The fans. Our personalities were what made it awesome and it can still be that way. So suck it up and make it awesome with the way it is going to be now.

vCash
    I had some good times in the longe as a student and it will always hold a place in my heart. i do believe it was time for change though. The grand stands should have been renovated 15 years ago.

vCash
    20 people on a rig won't be unrealistic at all if you install bleacher style seating. Using a 3 tiered back row setup, you could install 6 rows of bleachers 6' wide and allow a 2' walkway, and leave an 8'x8' tier for your grilling/serving area. This bleacher setup would seat 24 using standard seat numbering, or would seat 18 pretty comfortably (more if there are some small people and children).

I'm leaning toward bleachers being a pretty good option, because realistically you don't have a ton of storage space for lawn chairs. Plus it maximizes capacity.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash

Lightbulb

Where is the MSU Fan Code of Conduct.... please link....

40x40x40 inches... will/may hold one yetti cooler... nothing more....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 10-24-2017 at 06:35 AM.

vCash
    What really pisses me off is all our ***** beat writers are trying to convince everybody this renovation will be the greatest thing that ever happened while calling the old rigs out there "death traps." Telling us "the people are what make the left field lounge great." sure people make the left field lounge great, but the rigs are what made the lounge STAND OUT and made people notice us. This is all money, if the rigs were "death traps" the lounge would have ended a long time ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    What really pisses me off is all our ***** beat writers are trying to convince everybody this renovation will be the greatest thing that ever happened while calling the old rigs out there "death traps." Telling us "the people are what make the left field lounge great." sure people make the left field lounge great, but the rigs are what made the lounge STAND OUT and made people notice us. This is all money, if the rigs were "death traps" the lounge would have ended a long time ago.
    "Death traps" is an exaggeration, but it's fact that the trailers were liability nightmares in the lawsuit-happy present. The athletic department had probably been looking for an excuse to phase them out for years, and finally got it by way of the new stadium. I don't think anyone is thrilled about such a unique tradition going away, but it's done now, and it's probably for the best in the long run.