Ok - as everyone knows, I'm the resident Fitz defender. As Dawg61 will point out, I get my back up and jump to his defense at the least little thing. Something has bugged me the last 2 weeks on Twitter and I think it needed a little deeper look. The constant harping on drops vs. "inaccurate throws".

After 2 bad performances against UGA and AU, we all know that Fitz still needs time to develop and isn't where many would like him to be. However, this turned into some real twitter rage after BYU that continued after the Kentucky game. In particular, I'm going to call out Brett Hudson at the Commercial Dispatch for feeding this by breaking down every incompletion on twitter the last 2 weeks and judging if it is the receivers fault or Fitz's fault. We have 2 blowout wins in a row, and (as usual) someone covering our team are spending their time feeding a narrative that serves only to stir the pot.

So, I decide to compare 2017 to 2014 through 7 games. I used 2014 since it was Dak's Junior year and Fitz is a Junior this year, and it also seems to be where many people believe Fitz should have evolved to through this point in his career.

Dak - 114 of 189 (60.3) for 1,694 (14 y/rec) 15 TDs, 5 INTs - 664 rushing yards, 10 TDs, 1 fumble lost - 13 sacks for -76 yards

Fitz - 107 of 188 (56.9) for 1,179 (11 y/rec) 11 TDs, 7 INTs - 561 rushing yards, 9 TDs, 0 fumbles - 2 sacks for -9 yards

Obviously, I didn't look at more advance metrics which I am sure could be used to pick apart more nuances and only used basic stats. The stats and production are incredibly similar - with the biggest difference in yards per reception. But, here is my question - Why does Fitz draw so much more criticism when the difference in the end results is pretty negligible?

Discuss