Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thru 7 Games - 2014 v 2017

vCash
    I can remember complaints about Dak not being the most accurate passer and not having a big arm. But Fitz isn't the pocket passer Dak was. Not close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Same as Relf.
    Really? I don't believe Relf ever accounted for 37 Td's and 3800 total yards in a season. Fitz is gonna wind up with numbers second only to the greatest QB to ever play at State. If Fitz played before Dak our perception of him would be totally different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Fitz has to keep developing, no question, but with so many bad drops by the WR this year it has effected this percentage and INT's (remember at least 2 were completely on the WR). I don't anyone would disagree that the WR have dropped at least 10 sure catches this season. That would put Fitz at 44 in the country at 62.2% completion percentage. Changes perception when you factor personnel issues not related to an inaccurate throw.
    Flawed example. You act like those other 71 QBs ahead of Fitz in the rankings have WRs that have caught every ball thrown to them. Every QB has drops, regardless of how good they and the receivers are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Really? I don't believe Relf ever accounted for 37 Td's and 3800 total yards in a season. Fitz is gonna wind up with numbers second only to the greatest QB to ever play at State. If Fitz played before Dak our perception of him would be totally different.
    Relf only accounted for 4,872 yards and 37 TDs in his career. Fitz has 19 games to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Relf only accounted for 4,872 yards and 37 TDs in his career. Fitz has 19 games to play.
    Yeah if Fitz stays healthy he will account for over 100 TD's and over 10,000 yards. That's pretty freaking serious numbers there!
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 10-23-2017 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Think about this for a minute. What we would be saying about Fitz if he had played before Dak.
    He would be compared to John Bond. There would be talk of him breaking all the MSU-QB records and potentially being the greatest MSU QB ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Flawed example. You act like those other 71 QBs ahead of Fitz in the rankings have WRs that have caught every ball thrown to them. Every QB has drops, regardless of how good they and the receivers are.
    Everybody does have drops but we are not talking about every drop from our WR that were good accurate throws that is above the average for teams. Heck in one game there was 6 legitimate drops from the WR. An extra 10 completions is not unreasonable and would still raise his rankings if you chart every QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Everybody does have drops but we are not talking about every drop from our WR that were good accurate throws that is above the average for teams. Heck in one game there was 6 legitimate drops from the WR. An extra 10 completions is not unreasonable and would still raise his rankings if you chart every QB.
    Not including that Fitz has a small window to put the ball because our WRs get zero separation from a DB. We also don't have a speed guy that can take the top of the defense. It is rare that anyone gets behind the defense without some kind of bust. We just don't have a straight burner. I have seen Donald Gray get by a couple of times but if he really was a sub 4.4 guy then he would be doing it every game and not just against La Tech or BYU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    He would be compared to John Bond. There would be talk of him breaking all the MSU-QB records and potentially being the greatest MSU QB ever.
    Interesting take. When the "Fitz parties too much" rumor was floating around, I reminded people that Bond would hop in his Corvette with a case of beer after games in Jackson and take the party to Athens for the weekend (at least according to a story I heard).

Fitz is on pace to have about 4,900 career passing yards and 2600 rushing yards - roughly 7,500 total yards - at the end of this season.

He would need only 1,400 yards his SR season to pass Madkin for 2nd in career yardage.
    He has a shot at being our 2nd leading rusher in history after THIS season - potentially only trailing Boobie by a little over 600 yards going into next year. Barring injury, he will be our career leading rusher.

He won't catch Dak in passing yards - but we are witnessing something from a modern athletics standpoint that is incredibly impressive.

vCash
    Interesting take. When the "Fitz parties too much" rumor was floating around, I reminded people that Bond would hop in his Corvette with a case of beer after games in Jackson and take the party to Athens for the weekend (at least according to a story I heard).

Fitz is on pace to have about 4,900 career passing yards and 2600 rushing yards - roughly 7,500 total yards - at the end of this season.

He would need only 1,400 yards his SR season to pass Madkin for 2nd in career yardage.
    He has a shot at being our 2nd leading rusher in history after THIS season - potentially only trailing Boobie by a little over 600 yards going into next year. Barring injury, he will be our career leading rusher.

He won't catch Dak in passing yards - but we are witnessing something from a modern athletics standpoint that is incredibly impressive.
    He is one of the best pure total running QBs I have seen. He can not only drag a few guys for 5 yards into the endzone but he can also hit the corner and run for 70 yards. The guy is a NFL athlete.

vCash

Regardless of his flaws, he is one the best QBs In our history. Or at least in the 37 years I have been watching.

vCash
    This wasn't a dig at Fitz.

vCash

I remember that it was a firebird at one time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Errr .. how many of those 71 QBs with better % ALSO have 561 yards rushing and 9 TDs on the ground?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    This wasn't a dig at Fitz.
    It just sounded that way. I must have misunderstood. I liked Relf too cause he kicked unm butt! Our qb level has definitely been raised since Dan been here.

vCash
    It just sounded that way. I must have misunderstood. I liked Relf too cause he kicked unm butt! Our qb level has definitely been raised since Dan been here.
    Relf did kick butt - however it was on a very limited basis. He will always be remembered as a giant killer. But, he really was a TE playing QB - which is why it took him almost 2 years to pass Tyson Lee on the depth chart (no offense to Lee - he had no fear and was a warrior who got the max out of his size and talent just like Holloway). I've wondered if Relf had been able redshirt and work his way up into the system how much better he might have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Fitz is not as good as Dak, but that's a damn high bar. Doesn't mean he isn't a good QB. Has he had some inaccurate moments, sure....but the biggest difference btwn Dak & Fitz is Dak passed in HS & Dak had 10 times the receiver advantage. Fitz has done well, and is likely the 2nd best QB in our history when he leaves. People bashing Fitz are dumb, and are also such a small % of our fan base that they shouldn't be worth mentioning. That's my thoughts

Fitz may end up as the 2nd best quarterback in our history, but if he stays healthy he has a good opportunity to become the all time SEC Leader for a quarterbacks in rushing yardage for a career. That's above Manziel, Bond and a lot of other top quarterbacks who were in a triple option or other type run based offenses. I agree CD the bashing by some is pathetic.