Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd and ______?

Archimedes
    vCash
    A&M has to bring the house on defense to stop anyone. The zone read and middle of the field in the passing game should be open for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    The sacks vs sacks allowed will be very interesting. Can Fitz read blitz/pressure and either check out quickly or run away from it and get something downfield or use his legs? I wish he would run a little less and get more opportunities downfield. Athletic defenses can cut him off and prevent him from using the open field and angles to his advantage. If we can mix that portion up and be able to open things up down field, I like our chances.

We will run just fine. But we aren't going to win games against good teams just because of the run. We win them because we convert 3rd downs, get decent yardage on 1st down, and flip field position on teams. Do those things and we are hard to beat.
    This is why UGA beat the crap out of us. They were fast and didn't miss tackles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    I see what you're saying, but there were definitely some plays in the game that i was like "that's what the UGA and UL people were saying when they mentioned third and grantham."

There were a few 3rd and longs and we just rushed four and played what looked like 2 deep man and the QB either ran for the first down or completed a pass for a chain moving gain. I didn't think we were overly aggressive on 3rd downs, at least in the first half.

But also, i'm just nitpicking, because when you win 45-7, there really isn't much to be upset about. Hailstate.
    2 Deep man, is that a new combo coverage? I saw us play a good bit of cover 2 and even a little cover 4 late in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    2 Deep man, is that a new combo coverage? I saw us play a good bit of cover 2 and even a little cover 4 late in the game.
    2 deep, man under. All pass eligible players are covered man to man plus two deep safeties playing halves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    2 deep, man under. All pass eligible players are covered man to man plus two deep safeties playing halves.
    I guess I should have used sarcastrics.

Banned
    vCash
    Are we still 1st in the country in fewest first downs allowed?