Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Line opes aTm -2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    That actually may be a better way to put what I was trying to say. So TAM's last 5 classes in order from 2013 - 2017;
    9, 5, 11, 18, 13. Note their seniors and RS juniors were a #5 class.

Seems like they recruit better than us. So we're the favs and going into their home turf.
    They do recruit better than us, but not nearly to the level of UGA or Auburn.

Additionally, there has likely been a good bit of attrition since the number 9 & 5 classes.

Lastly, MSU has the better coach & more experienced, better QB.

I think A&M's OL is more talented than MSU's & A&M has a few more play makers on the outside, but, outside of that, I could argue that MSU is better at every other position on the field.

I don't have proof of this, but I believe there is a big difference in being a top 8-13 recruiter & being a top 5 recruiter. There are only so many elite players out there & once you get past Bama, UGA, Ohio State, LSU, Auburn, Florida State, & Clemson, college football talent levels really start to flatten out considering you can only play 11 players at a time.

vCash
    We'll see. I think we can and should give them a good scrap. Mullen just doesn't do well in these situations IMO. I'm starting to get the feeling that now that we waxed a not-so-good KY team it's sorta like when we waxed a not-so-good at the time LSU team. Some are thinking we'll just walk into College Station and lay a beat down on them (like they thought against UGA & AU). I hope we do lay a beat down.

If I recall correctly in 2014 OM only had 1 top 10 class on that team, were all beat up to hell, everyone picked us to win and .... what happened. TAM heavily favored against us last year ... what happened.

Sumlin, Malzahn, Dan, Freeze ... they are all much better as the underdog against the mid-to-upper tier SEC teams.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 10-22-2017 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    The data is in our favor.

vCash
    Guys who make a living off betting vs several hundred sports writers who really don't know shit out side USC, ND and Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Guys who make a living off betting vs several hundred sports writers who really don't know shit out side USC, ND and Bama.
    Y?all listen to Jack!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    This

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Probably not ... wouldn't be surprised at 150 or less tho. Don't know. We do seem to run it pretty good, but I know we don't run it better than Bama. I figure Chavis for shore is gonna make Fitz beat them with his arm.

ETA: Bama 8th rushing O (298/game); We're 13th (264/game) and have played 2 teams with much tougher rushing D's than anyone Bama has played. So we may be better than half as good as Bama in rushing the ball.
    We will have 298 yards rushing. Mark it down.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, they?ve also struggled with Florida, Arkansas, and lost to UCLA.
    You're right havent thought about that. W is a W though. Arkansas is terrible so really no excuse for that one or UCLA. They are beatable, all comes down to our mindset and running game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    This. I believe we run for close to 300 as well. We are starting to control games at the los on both sides of the ball. We are physical on both sides and AM don?t like physical play. Mond is not a great passer. We stop the run well and he won?t beat us through the air. Gotta contain Kirk on returns and on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Lessee ... TAM gives up 135/game. We haven't rushed for 300 against any SEC teams, including LSU & KY in Vegas. So I kinda doubt we'll put up 298 yds rushing against them at College Station.

vCash
    Lessee ... TAM gives up 135/game. We haven't rushed for 300 against any SEC teams, including LSU & KY in Vegas. So I kinda doubt we'll put up 298 yds rushing against them at College Station.
    A & M is giving up 5.35 yards per carry avg vs Arkansas, Bama and Florida. If our rushing attempts is close to our avg of the last 2 games, 50.5, then we could rush for 270 yards. If he avg the same as Florida, 5.76 yards per carry, then that is potentially 291 yards. The yards per game is a good stat but yards per carry is better in determining potential rushing yards in a game.

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    Great data. I'm extremely confident we leave College Station with the W. A&M is not a great football team. Yes, they gave bama a decent fight...they also could very easily have lost to Arky and UF. All of the data favors the dawgs. Our OL and running game will be dominant, >225 yds. We will likely give up a few big plays to their athletes, but overall we dominate the LOS and control the clock. It'll be interesting to see where the line ends up.

Vegas Knows.