Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Line opes aTm -2

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Don't let Christian Kirk get behind us or return a punt, and we should be ok.
    Let me put it this way, don't give the qb time to find him deep.

vCash
    or that!

Banned
    vCash
    Does somebody know something we don't know? Like Mond and Kirk are suspended or something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Does somebody know something we don't know? Like Mond and Kirk are suspended or something?
    Or sumlin is missing and thought to be on another bender

vCash
    How does A&M D rank vs. the run?

vCash
    6th in sec

vCash
    They "held" Bama to 232 rush yds, 106 passing. I'm just betting (it's a long shot bet now ****) that even on a bad day, Bama is probably twice as good rushing the ball than we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    They "held" Bama to 232 rush yds, 106 passing. I'm just betting (it's a long shot bet now ****) that even on a bad day, Bama is probably twice as good rushing the ball than we are.
    So you think they hold us to 116 rushing?

vCash
    So you think they hold us to 116 rushing?
    Probably not ... wouldn't be surprised at 150 or less tho. Don't know. We do seem to run it pretty good, but I know we don't run it better than Bama. I figure Chavis for shore is gonna make Fitz beat them with his arm.

ETA: Bama 8th rushing O (298/game); We're 13th (264/game) and have played 2 teams with much tougher rushing D's than anyone Bama has played. So we may be better than half as good as Bama in rushing the ball.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 10-22-2017 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Probably not ... wouldn't be surprised at 150 or less tho. Don't know. We do seem to run it pretty good, but I know we don't run it better than Bama. I figure Chavis for shore is gonna make Fitz beat them with his arm.
    Florida ran for more than bama (236 to 232) on less carries. Arkansas ran for 6 less yards than bama did on 1 more carry. Guess Florida and Arkansas are just as good as bama running the ball, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    A&M fought hard hard in the PsychoPhant game... The game was effectively over 4 minutes into the 2nd half, but, apparently, no one from Bammer let the Ags know...

If yall get the same version Bammer played, it'll be interesting... if it's the "regular" A&M y'all should run em outta the building....
    Truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Florida ran for more than bama (236 to 232) on less carries. Arkansas ran for 6 less yards than bama did on 1 more carry. Guess Florida and Arkansas are just as good as bama running the ball, right?
    Read my edited to add on previous post.

vCash
    A&M was juiced for the Bama. Will we get that kind of juice? Payback for last year?

vCash
    I don't like that. Wish they were favored by 2 TDs.
    Yeah, it sucks being better than other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    We don't play very well IMO as favorites against teams we're somewhat evenly matched with. That's my perception anyway. And in reality they have better talent per recruiting rankings.

We're only "better" than them if we wax them this weekend. Otherwise it's just opinions.

vCash

Vegas Line is Now MSU -1

That swung fast. Now it is MSU -1 with some places having it as a pickum.

Extremely odd, if this holds, we'll have a non-ranked team favored over a ranked team that is playing at home at night. Hmmmmm...........

The first number listed is what it opened at.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 10-22-2017 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    +1

vCash
    We don't play very well IMO as favorites against teams we're somewhat evenly matched with. That's my perception anyway. And in reality they have better talent per recruiting rankings.

We're only "better" than them if we wax them this weekend. Otherwise it's just opinions.
    I would argue the opposite. When we are fairly evenly matched, we win.

It when we talk ourselves into being evenly matched vs top 5 recruiters that we look terrible & get destroyed.

We were not evenly matched vs UGA & Auburn. They had far more talent than us.

Evenly matched would be comparing us to OM last year or Arkansas over the past 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I would argue the opposite. When we are fairly evenly matched, we win.

It when we talk ourselves into being evenly matched vs top 5 recruiters that we look terrible & get destroyed.

We were not evenly matched vs UGA & Auburn. They had far more talent than us.

Evenly matched would be comparing us to OM last year or Arkansas over the past 5 years.
    That actually may be a better way to put what I was trying to say. So TAM's last 5 classes in order from 2013 - 2017;
    9, 5, 11, 18, 13. Note their seniors and RS juniors were a #5 class.

Seems like they recruit better than us. So we're the favs and going into their home turf.

vCash
    They know