Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody at the basketball game?

vCash
    This is why I love this kid (Peters):

https://twitter.com/robbydonoho/stat...99919372496896

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm glad we are playing this game. I don't give a crap about the result. This game doesn't count on our record but will show us our flaws a whole heck of a lot more than playing the sisters of the poor that we normally play in exhibitions. This game should make us better moreso than a glorified scrimmage against a total nobody.
    We didn’t show up in the first half which is why I was thinking we shouldn’t play it. My point was that fans would look at the final score and say we suck (which we don’t). Luckily we outscored them by 12 in the second half and at least made it interesting. Nebraska sucks btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We didn’t show up in the first half which is why I was thinking we shouldn’t play it. My point was that fans would look at the final score and say we suck (which we don’t). Luckily we outscored them by 12 in the second half and at least made it interesting. Nebraska sucks btw.
    Who cares what a couple of message board posters say, this was an important game for this team. Especially considering how weak our non-conference schedule is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I?d start Wright Nick W, and Datcher for Stapleton, Peters, and Herard to begin the season. When Ado comes back start Ado for Datcher but Datcher needs minutes along with Feazell.
    Based on 1 meaningless game, I would start Peters, Wright, Q, Datcher, and Ado. And I would have Nick as my first sub. There's a few guys who I won't name who would not be playing much at all b/c they aren't 2 way players.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Bright spot was definitely Feazell to me. Wasn't expecting much from him & he affected the game every time he came in.

Any truth to the comment on that link above that Peters missed 2 months of practice?

vCash
    They key to this team is going to figure out the rotation and everyone's roles. It's hard to effectively get 10 guys minutes. I think ideally you have an 8-9 man rotation unless you are going full court press for 40 minutes. With all the TV timeouts and such the players get sufficient rest most of the time.

A few guys have to embrace a role of being a defensive presence and then rely on hustle point on the offensive end. A few guys need to be the focal point of the offense and the sets need to embrace that.

What I saw today was very similar to last year on both ends and that's not a good thing. I'm curious to see how we look in a few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    Bright spot was definitely Feazell to me. Wasn't expecting much from him & he affected the game every time he came in.

Any truth to the comment on that link above that Peters missed 2 months of practice?
    Peters has been dealing with a bulging disc in his back for much of the summer...

vCash
    Missouri with their newcomers took Kansas to the wire (91-87). It is time for our recruiting to start matching actual results. I was playing earlier about being done with basketball, but IT IS TIME howland to start winning games.

vCash
    Woe is Me, we lost a fricking exhibition game. **** me running, we have some fans that will jump off a ledge at the drop of a hat. We will be a good basketball team this year. Sit back and let Ben figure out how to use our talent. We have the same nay Sayers that predicted we would be 6-6 in football. Can we just be a little positive and support our teams and believe in our Coaching Staffs.

vCash
    Howland thus far has not proven to be the coach we all hoped he still was. I haven't given up on him, but I have definitely tempered my expectations.

Banned
    vCash
    Nebraska sucks. They finished 2nd to last in the B1G last year. Stop being a ***** with the players Howland. We are lucky this is just an exhibition cause we can't afford a single loss to a team like this in OOC.