Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- This Aint Basketball Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- This Aint Basketball Edition

1. Could yesterday have been any better? The weather was perfect, we played our best game of the year, and LSU absolutely steamrolled Mississippi. The wings on the grill came out absolutely perfect. I needed a day like this.

2. Gene Chizik needs to go back and watch more film.

3. We bled the clock yesterday more than usual. Didnt try to speed the offense up at all and went deeper into the playclock. Resulted in almost 35 minutes TOP.

4. Great game at QB for Fitz. Kentucky was unable to get any pressure on him, which allowed him to keep his footwork together and make throws. 18/26 is a really good day- very methodical. No real big plays but lots of good throws to keep the chains moving. We ran a few QB draws for him for solid yardage and his cutback to the backside on the 4th and 1 option broke Kentucky's back. They had it stopped on the frontside. Damn good run and the turning point of the game. Key got some good action and showed he can run also. Really showed some speed

5. Mullen shows you again this year why to never get excited about a freshman RB. Hill will continue to get a couple of carries and thats it. Aeris was solid as usual yesterday with 71 yards. And come next year- we arent going to bench a SR RB that has been starting for a year and a half. But you have to give credit to Aeris- he does all the little things. His block on KT's 1st TD was perfect. 48/282 and right at 6.0 per carry for the offense is a good day. Kentucky made us earn it most times but we finally busted a couple of big runs.

6. Solid day by the WR's. Thomas absolutely abused the CB on his slant route TD. JJ had a couple of good catches- one was a big 3rd down that kept the opening drive of the 2nd half alive. Gray had more targets. Good to have Myles back- he makes that group better. And still no impact from Couch/Todd.

7. Give Hev and the OL credit. Clean pocket all day for Fitz and he wasnt hit much either. Did a good job running the counter and Reese folding on the zone dive. Eiland has improved so much since last Spring. A much bigger test awaits Saturday though. It's going to be loud at A&M and their DL is pretty good. We lead the SEC in fewest sacks allowed with 3- that is impressive. 2nd in fewest TFL's.

8. Love watching Simmons play. He may be the best DL player we have had in my lifetime- sorry Tyrone Keys and Fletcher Cox. Hoyett had played well for Thomas the last few weeks- but expect Thomas back Saturday. Sweat was his usual self with 10 tackles. Your D is always good when you have a quality DL. And we have one the top 5 in the SEC.

9. LB play was better. Errol Thompson got alot of time yesterday. May be hard to keep him off the field from here on out. Leo better crank it up. Looks like all the crap he was drug into has had an effect. Good to see Green make a huge play- long overdue. This has certainly been his best season to date.

10. Guess who leads the SEC in Pass D? Good ol MSU. Shocking after last season. The DL being improved has certainly helped the back end- but this group has improved alot with better coaching and the return of Cleveland. Cleveland may be a step slow- but he is smart. Safety-play is sooooo damn much better. Another year of growth and hiring Ron English has been huge there.

11. Best played game of our season in my opinion- even over LSU. Has now created a huge game for us next week. Win and we get a better bowl destination- lose and we end up in a colder weather bowl.

12. Mullen and Stoops seemed to have some words after the game. Maybe Stoops was pissed about KT's last TD run? I dont know. Hey Stoops- get better on D and that shit wont happen. Your lack of speed on D shows.

HailState
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    C34 being positive? Dang... good write up

vCash
    Agree with everything. Eiland has surpassed my expectations in a big way. Braxton Hoyette is a guy we signed who I hoped would end up being a depth guy and he’s gone over that expectation easily. Sweat is so nasty on the End. Yesterday was Leo’s best game of late. He had been a no-show the 3 before that. And lastly, overall really good game from Fitz. Managed the game beautifully, threw some nice balls, checked down when needed, and avoided the big mistakes.

From TV the Mullen/Stoops talk seemed pretty damn long but it didn’t seem tense.

vCash
    Good writeup but you need to explicitly admit you were wrong for saying this game would be close for the last year and practically everyone else on this board was right.

vCash
    Thanks for the analysis this is something this layman really looks forward to the day after the game. Thanks 34, you and WMD to these quite well.

vCash

One stat that is outstanding almost 400 consecutive carries without a fumble...thats

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Thanks for the analysis this is something this layman really looks forward to the day after the game. Thanks 34, you and WMD to these quite well.
    Huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Good writeup but you need to explicitly admit you were wrong for saying this game would be close for the last year and practically everyone else on this board was right.
    damn, someone is salty this morning. I thought it would be closer. My 27-19 prediction was certainly off

vCash
    Good write up, C. I got to watch the game from the good ole scoreboard club yesterday. My family and I had a blast. One thing I noticed yesterday, Cleveland played much better. He had some nice break up passes. He’s definitely a step slower-but as you said, he is smart and it compensates for his lack of speed.

I’ll agree on previous posts, the sound system is horrible. I really noticed it yesterday. But.... It’s Coming....

I saw it happen live- UK did not “fumble” that ball into the end zone. He threw that damn ball forward. He was acting it out on the sideline to the other players and they were carrying on about it. The suspect officiating continues in the SEC

Leo needs to get his shit together. He is not playing up to his potential.

KT is very special. He may be our greatest ever.

#94 is a potential #1 overall draft pick. He’s an absolute beast. He’s my favorite player this year.

We are who we said we were at the beginning of the season. If we can win next weekend, we could end up 9-3. UMASS, UPig, Rebel-Bear-Landsharks are 3 “should win” games. I’m looking forward to a good bowl game.

Lastly, GTHOM.
    Yes- that Behr

Banned
    vCash
    even though KY came in with some damn good defensive rushing stats, I was hoping to see Williams with more than a 3.55 yd avg on his 20 carries. however he did seem to be falling forward when getting tackled which was good and he plays tough and determined.

I know Couch only had 1 catch for 12 yards but damn, what a play he made. the defender had a tight grip on his jersey before the ball got there and he made a hell of a catch on that play. and when they both went to the ground Couch showed some fight in him when the defender seemed to be trying to grab the ball. I know it was only one play but I really liked what I saw on that one play.

is Myles hurt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    C34! Your and idiot! How dare you get this wrong! Wtf is wrong with you!

Good grief man. You need to “explicitly” chill out.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Great analysis C34. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    even though KY came in with some damn good defensive rushing stats, I was hoping to see Williams with more than a 3.55 yd avg on his 20 carries. however he did seem to be falling forward when getting tackled which was good and he plays tough and determined.

I know Couch only had 1 catch for 12 yards but damn, what a play he made. the defender had a tight grip on his jersey before the ball got there and he made a hell of a catch on that play. and when they both went to the ground Couch showed some fight in him when the defender seemed to be trying to grab the ball. I know it was only one play but I really liked what I saw on that one play.

is Myles hurt?
    Aeris is doing the dirty work on the inside getting 3,4,5 yards a carry and letting nick get the big gains on the outside. We got Mr Inside and Mr Outside

vCash
    Double post
    Last edited by Behrdawg; 10-22-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Could yesterday have been any better? The weather was perfect, we played our best game of the year, and LSU absolutely steamrolled Mississippi. The wings on the grill came out absolutely perfect. I needed a day like this.

3. We bled the clock yesterday more than usual. Didnt try to speed the offense up at all and went deeper into the playclock. Resulted in almost 35 minutes TOP.

4. Great game at QB for Fitz. Kentucky was unable to get any pressure on him, which allowed him to keep his footwork together and make throws. 18/26 is a really good day- very methodical. No real big plays but lots of good throws to keep the chains moving. We ran a few QB draws for him for solid yardage and his cutback to the backside on the 4th and 1 option broke Kentucky's back. They had it stopped on the frontside. Damn good run and the turning point of the game. Key got some good action and showed he can run also. Really showed some speed

5. Mullen shows you again this year why to never get excited about a freshman RB. Hill will continue to get a couple of carries and thats it. Aeris was solid as usual yesterday with 71 yards. And come next year- we arent going to bench a SR RB that has been starting for a year and a half. But you have to give credit to Aeris- he does all the little things. His block on KT's 1st TD was perfect. 48/282 and right at 6.0 per carry for the offense is a good day. Kentucky made us earn it most times but we finally busted a couple of big runs.

6. Solid day by the WR's. Thomas absolutely abused the CB on his slant route TD. JJ had a couple of good catches- one was a big 3rd down that kept the opening drive of the 2nd half alive. Gray had more targets. Good to have Myles back- he makes that group better. And still no impact from Couch/Todd.

7. Give Hev and the OL credit. Clean pocket all day for Fitz and he wasnt hit much either. Did a good job running the counter and Reese folding on the zone dive. Eiland has improved so much since last Spring. A much bigger test awaits Saturday though. It's going to be loud at A&M and their DL is pretty good. We lead the SEC in fewest sacks allowed with 3- that is impressive. 2nd in fewest TFL's.

8. Love watching Simmons play. He may be the best DL player we have had in my lifetime- sorry Tyrone Keys and Fletcher Cox. Hoyett had played well for Thomas the last few weeks- but expect Thomas back Saturday. Sweat was his usual self with 10 tackles. Your D is always good when you have a quality DL. And we have one the top 5 in the SEC.

9. LB play was better. Errol Thompson got alot of time yesterday. May be hard to keep him off the field from here on out. Leo better crank it up. Looks like all the crap he was drug into has had an effect. Good to see Green make a huge play- long overdue. This has certainly been his best season to date.

10. Guess who leads the SEC in Pass D? Good ol MSU. Shocking after last season. The DL being improved has certainly helped the back end- but this group has improved alot with better coaching and the return of Cleveland. Cleveland may be a step slow- but he is smart. Safety-play is sooooo damn much better. Another year of growth and hiring Ron English has been huge there.

11. Best played game of our season in my opinion- even over LSU. Has now created a huge game for us next week. Win and we get a better bowl destination- lose and we end up in a colder weather bowl.

12. Mullen and Stoops seemed to have some words after the game. Maybe Stoops was pissed about KT's last TD run? I dont know. Hey Stoops- get better on D and that shit wont happen. Your lack of speed on D shows.

HailState
    I think Erroll Thompson is probably a DL. Hes ferocious and gets after it, I worry about his speed. LL played his best game of the year so far I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post

I saw it happen live- UK did not “fumble” that ball into the end zone. He threw that damn ball forward. He was acting it out on the sideline to the other players and they were carrying on about it. The suspect officiating continues in the SEC
    I watched it several times on the DVR.. He definitely threw it forward. It almost looked like a designed play. That receiver was expecting the ball...
    cautiously optimistic

vCash

# 9

HailState
    What do you mean that he was dragged into this? I understand why you have be absent from the board lately but what's up with the lack of posting by others?
    . Where is ISID and Devious??? Why is this board's main posters basically ghosting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    What do you mean that he was dragged into this? I understand why you have be absent from the board lately but what's up with the lack of posting by others?
    . Where is ISID and Devious??? Why is this board's main posters basically ghosting?
    ISID has discovered twitter and is like a kid in a candy store. I agree he should be here more

No idea on DD34- he remains a mystery to everyone

vCash
    ISID has discovered twitter and is like a kid in a candy store. I agree he should be here more

No idea on DD34- he remains a mystery to everyone
    Please address # 9. Are you saying LL was drug into this deal and we pushed him?

vCash
    Please address # 9. Are you saying LL was drug into this deal and we pushed him?
    He?s saying that Leo was drug into the RR suit and maybe it had weighed on him, not to mention being outed as Student Athlete 39 by The Stooges Up North. He wasn?t supposed to have the exposure he has had in this crap. He was supposed to be some what anonymous. It would have all weighed on me when I was 20 too. It?s a lot for a kid to handle.

vCash
    At the very least it's been distracting to him. Can you imagine when you were a student being called before an NCAA Committee on Infractions? I know it would certainly be distracting to me and pretty darn scary to boot.