Thread: For the UK lurkers, if any.....

vCash

For the UK lurkers, if any.....

I enjoyed your most active board this week. A few observations: Y'all were right, Vegas did get the line all wrong. I don't think y'all had direction they missed it right though. WE had it right, y'all hadn't played anyone at all yet, maybe you have now. WE had reason to be as confident as we were, you didn't. Y'all did have it right that you needed to contain Fitz. To bad you didn't. Also, as you found out, our running game isn't just Fitz, you missed that. I will say this, y'all might be right about you being the second best team in the East, for what that's worth. My advice to you, don't carry over your well justified arrogance in basketball to football.

vCash
    PS: You guys aren't NEARLY as good at shopping Mullen for other jobs as our cousins up the road....amateurs.

vCash
    It's real easy Uk
    Stay in ur ****ing lane .. basketball

vCash
    Funny how people gain confidence on a fluke win with the worst DC in our history. I smell another 7 in a row coming.

Banned
    vCash
    there was one guy who said the outcome may have been different had the game been played in Lexington. he was rejected big time by the dumb ass post including one who said KY wouldn't have won even if the game was played on Mars and we (KY) were the Martians.

most tended to blame coaching since our recruiting rankings had been similar over the last few years. another admitted they had no answer for stopping Fitz and wondered why MSU was trying anything else.

vCash
    The outcome of this game hasn't been in doubt since Sirmon was sent packing. Pre-season I would have listed it as a tie with La Tech as our 3rd easiest game with Ch. So. and UMass being 1 and 2.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    The outcome of this game hasn't been in doubt since Sirmon was sent packing. Pre-season I would have listed it as a tie with La Tech as our 3rd easiest game with Ch. So. and UMass being 1 and 2.
    yep. I think Jack Lambert summed it up pre-game about as well as anybody and in hindsight was spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    there was one guy who said the outcome may have been different had the game been played in Lexington. he was rejected big time by the dumb ass post including one who said KY wouldn't have won even if the game was played on Mars and we (KY) were the Martians.

most tended to blame coaching since our recruiting rankings had been similar over the last few years. another admitted they had no answer for stopping Fitz and wondered why MSU was trying anything else.
    I myself have wondered whenever bold1, whether Dak or Fitz, is true, bold2 is not also true. If you can put a game away because they are not effectively stopping X, then why not just do it and then practice whatever you are going to practice. Same principle applies in closer games. If they're having trouble stopping Y then keep giving it to them as long as they're "asking for it." Don't get cute and put ourselves in 3rd and long if there's no need.

For example, if early on next week TAMU cannot stop Fitz running outside I am going to pull my hair out if Dan suddenly throws 8 times in a row before we're up by 17 or more.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 10-22-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I took a peek at their Wildcat Lair board and was surprised at just how optimistic a lot of them were. The majority of them it seemed expected a very close game at the very least. Among the ones predicting a close game or a KY win, the consensus was they needed to contain Fitz, stack the box and force the throw. One poster even wrote a "warning" for Fitz. Thought it was pretty entertaining....

"Nick I?m telling you this for your own good dude.

Don?t try and run on Kentucky.

Jordan Jones is back and Denzel Ware and Josh Allen as well as Eli Brown are going to be hawking your arse all day.

All these guys have NFL potential and each can lower the boom on you.

Plus we have a safety in Edwards that will thump you too.

Think about it, you go down early and your team is doomed.

My advice to you is to stay in the pocket and live to play another day."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I myself have wondered whenever bold1, whether Dak or Fitz, is true, bold2 is not also true. If you can put a game away because they are not effectively stopping X, then why not just do it and then practice whatever you are going to practice. Same principle applies in closer games. If they're having trouble stopping Y then keep giving it to them as long as they're "asking for it." Don't get cute and put ourselves in 3rd and long if there's no need.

For example, if early on next week TAMU cannot stop Fitz running outside I am going to pull my hair out if Dan suddenly throws 8 times in a row before we're up by 17 or more.
    Well, go ahead and pull your hair out. A) Fitz wouldn't last a whole season if you ran him every down. Even if he's gaining yards he's getting hit and those hits add up over a season. B) By establishing the run, it opens up Dan's whole playbook. And that's when we dominate! Run, run, play action pass... it's called coaching and outsmarting your opponent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    I took a peek at their Wildcat Lair board and was surprised at just how optimistic a lot of them were. The majority of them it seemed expected a very close game at the very least. Among the ones predicting a close game or a KY win, the consensus was they needed to contain Fitz, stack the box and force the throw. One poster even wrote a "warning" for Fitz. Thought it was pretty entertaining....

"Nick I?m telling you this for your own good dude.

Don?t try and run on Kentucky.

Jordan Jones is back and Denzel Ware and Josh Allen as well as Eli Brown are going to be hawking your arse all day.

All these guys have NFL potential and each can lower the boom on you.

Plus we have a safety in Edwards that will thump you too.

Think about it, you go down early and your team is doomed.

My advice to you is to stay in the pocket and live to play another day."
    Lol. He passed all over them and ran at will. They had no answer for him.

vCash
    Allen was the only player in the SEC that had a sack in every game. I don't remember him getting one last night. Am I wrong?

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    Allen was the only player in the SEC that had a sack in every game. I don't remember him getting one last night. Am I wrong?
    Nope. We broke his streak of 6 straight with a sack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well, go ahead and pull your hair out. A) Fitz wouldn't last a whole season if you ran him every down. Even if he's gaining yards he's getting hit and those hits add up over a season. B) By establishing the run, it opens up Dan's whole playbook. And that's when we dominate! Run, run, play action pass... it's called coaching and outsmarting your opponent
    I wasn't literally saying run Fitz every play. I made that post with full knowledge of and agreement with everything you eventually said in your post that followed.

What I'm getting at is how frustratingly quickly Dan wants to go away from something we are doing well.
    And it's really going to matter in games like next weekend in College Station. It is more important to win the game than showcase your playcalling "skills."
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    I don't remember us being sacked at all last night.

vCash
    Their fans on twitter were very mouthy all week. I didn't just want to win I wanted us to stomp their asses and the team delivered. I don't want to hear a damn thing about Kentucky football again.

vCash
    I've been to enough SEC basketball tournaments to not have one shred of sympathy for Kentucky football. I'm so glad we beat that tail.

vCash
    Was very quiet here in Kentucky. On Friday, I was going up to UK fans including my boss' boss asking for some smacktalk...nada. This week, even more quiet. HAHA>